• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • I hatched 6 boxes of froakies but no shiny, got a jap ditto from wonder trade so I decided to take a break and hatch other pokemon. I'm kind of hoping I hatch a shiny I don't want while breeding a new army with the jap ditto.

Years
  • Ah, yes. While shiny Greninja is so unbelievably badass, the problem with trying to MM for a Froakie is the fear of getting one with Torrent instead of Protean. That would make my work all for nothing! D: At least with Noibat, had I gotten one with Frisk I could have used an Ability Capsule, but if you're trying for something with its HA that would be so horrifyingly disappointing.

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • I bred a couple of days ago a shellder... and I wasn't even trying, I was just breeding for a 5IV adamant one with a korean ditto... then I go to the judge and it says it has 6 PEFECT IVs, that was wonderful, but it had the wrong ability, so I had to play all day i the maison to get the ability capsule... righ now I'm enjoying mi 6IV shiny skill link cloyster :DDD

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • Just hatched a Shiny Tynamo on my 4th egg!
    i was so suprised! (considering i spent AGES yesterday trying to breed a shiny Squirtle)

it it my 1st ever Masuda Method Shiny! :)

Years
  • Currently trying MM for the first time, using a 5IV UK Kangaskhan and a 5IV JAP Venusaur... I have next to no patience though, so I may give up early :P Still only on my first box mind.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • OMG guys I know I have been away for a long Time, because of school, but I have been working on two Masuda Method projects :3

I really REALLY wanted to have a shiny Fletchling and after two weeks trying Pokeradar and Masuda at the same Time, after around 520 eggs with no result, I switched parents. And after two weeks later and 64 eggs ahead, it hatched into a shiny male Fletchling!! I was so happy! :) its now a beautiful Talonflame :3

I think Honedge is cute too, so I decided to try hatch a shiny Honedge next. After literally 2,5 days and 720 eggs later I hatched a shiny female Honedge!! :D so exciting!

Love shiny hunting!! To all You guys still hatching, the best of luck to You all and dont give up! ;) your patience Will be rewarded!

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • working on a flawless 0 Spd IV shiny Honedge. See you guys in a year when that happens. T_T

Good luck!! Dont give up, I just hatched my adorable shiny Honedge after 2,5 days non-stop breeding MM (and sleeping) I got it on the exact 720th egg!

I know Honedge could take a long Time, but it's so worth it! Hang in there and take some breaks now and then, or watch your favourite tv show while hatching! You Will get it soon! ;)

Hang in there and keep us updated! ;) I wish You the best of luck!

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
    Years
  • MMing has got me Swirlix 60 or so eggs/Ralts 400+ eggs/ Eevee 200+ eggs/ Carbink 130+ eggs/ Noibat 140+ eggs/Phantump 200 eggs.

Edit - Yay hatched shiny Klefki 6 IV in under 37 eggs.

Last edited:

Barbarian

sleepyhead
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    Hatched a shiny, 6 IV, Quiet, Magic Guard Solosis a couple of weeks ago. She's my pride and joy. Also, friend of mine was kind enough to hatch me a shiny, 6 IV, Timid, Protean Greninja with Grass Knot. Now he's level 100 and I try to use him as much as possible during battles.

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    If there's a "Worst Luck With Shiny Breeding" award, I think I might be a winner.

So far, I've managed to breed two shiny Venipedes with Swarm, and one with Poison Point WHILE THE FEMALE PARENT HAS ALWAYS HAD SPEED BOOST

The last one happened just a moment ago when I asked my sister (who already has the Shiny Charm) if she could try breeding me a shiny Venipede because I was getting bored of this already, what with the two shiny Swarm Venipedes.
    She agreed, and I took my own breeding pokes out of the daycare and went on to hatch the remaining three eggs. The third one was a shiny. With Poison Point. :I :I
    Seriously, not cool. Not cool at all.

I'm going to breed Yamask next so that I don't have to deal with RNG screwing me over all the time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    (Breeding chimars)Nothing so far,but when I was randomly hatching a smeargle egg(NO madusa method)It was female and shiny.....so yes,tottally luck.

MoonPoke

--Pokemon Strategist--
    Years
  • Just got a Jap ditto from a friend. I hatched about 10 batch(5) of eggs this morning and nothing so far. I heard some people got their shiny after like 7 eggs. So lucky!!!!

Years
  • I was originally IV breeding for Squirtle with Japanese male Clawitzer and female Wartortle, where I wanted Squirtle to have 2 IVs for more breeding and know Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere. About 5 eggs into breeding, I got a shiny Squirtle, but did not know I had one. I boxed it and was about to WonderTrade it, when I noticed the shell color was green and promptly freaked out.

The second MM shiny was also pure coincidence. I wanted a male Timid Ghastly with 31/x/31/31/31/31 and Disable, so I had my pair of Ghastly [one Japanese and one English] being together in the Daycare. I was in the car egg hatching, when on my 16th egg, I hatched the Ghastly I wanted as a shiny and freaked out.

When I tried for Eevee though, I gave up. Took forever and I made it to 70 eggs and was like no.

However, I also found shinies in Friend Safari [my Lapras, which I Master Balled because it knew Perish Song] and in horde battles [my Cubchoo, which nearly died because it used Fury Swipes on my Talonflame and got Burned until I caught it].

Don't have Shiny Charm yet lol.

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    The last one happened just a moment ago when I asked my sister (who already has the Shiny Charm) if she could try breeding me a shiny Venipede because I was getting bored of this already, what with the two shiny Swarm Venipedes.
    She agreed, and I took my own breeding pokes out of the daycare and went on to hatch the remaining three eggs. The third one was a shiny. With Poison Point. :I :I
    Seriously, not cool. Not cool at all.
    Aaaand she has better luck. She just sent me the perfect fabulous shiny 5IV Speed Boost Venipede that eluded me for so long. *u*

I currently have my 6IV Korean Ditto and a 5IV Yamask doin' the do in the daycare, but I'll probably take a little break and train the Venipede (he's nicknamed Pain Train) :D

Back