• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Tailsko

I am become death.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 5, 2014
I have gotten a few MM shinies.
Fennekin after two weeks after release.
Mawile with 31/31/xx/31/31/31
Snivy with 31/31/31/22/31/31
Fennekin (Female) with 31/xx/31/31/31/31 (This was the hardest one to get).

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Dec 20, 2014
So far, I've gotten two shinies via Masuda Method. My first was a Charmander, which had taken literally a few weeks to get. Couldn't tell you how many eggs I hatched. Second was my shiny Zigzagoon. I don't know why, but I had to have a shiny Zigzagoon. He didn't seem to take as long to hatch, and I remember just blindly hatching him during an episode of Ghost Adventurers.

I know with both quite a few eggs were hatched. I always boggle when people get lucky with hatching within the first "box". I know with both the charmander and zigzagoon, I easily filled up five or more "breeding boxes" on the pc.

Years
Yesterday I hatched my second shiny froakie in 623 eggs (4th masuda method). It is a female {D:}, protean and she has 5 IV's unfortunately speed is very low, but still impressed with her!

Next I will breed shiny Eevee's, I want all eevolutions in a shiny form, so there is still work to do :)

Akan

Team Rocket Trainer
Years
i dont even know how many Absol I've breed lol. I've been obsessed over Shiny Absol since I was a kid and my cousin released mine in my Ruby as a joke .-. least to saty that didnt go over well. I'm using a japanese absol and then my American one. xD I'm wondertrading my other absol sooo yeah xD. Fletchinder has greatly helped reduce my time. I remember trying to do this in pearl for eevee and having no luck after 3 boxes xD

Shhmew

Years
Blah I have had just the worst luck with this. I feel like something's wrong. I've successfully hatched two shinies using this method, a Froakie which took 1018 eggs, and a Ralts which took 1237 eggs. Now I'm on my third attempt, trying to hatch a shiny Shinx; I've been at it for SO long, I stopped counting around a thousand and since then I've hatched around 15 boxes so I guess I'm at almost 1.5k? It's ridiculous, considering the chance for shinies using the Masuda Method has supposedly increased since gen 5, and I've seen tons upon tons of people getting shinies after just a couple hundred, or even after like 3 eggs when they weren't even trying for a shiny! My game must hate me. ;-;

codem8kr

Team Rocket Boss....
Years
Masuda Method is even further reduced if you have the Shiny Charm.

I managed to get Shiny Furfrou after 118 eggs. I bred Korean Furfrou with my UK one.
Even in Black/White 2 I managed to hatch shiny Elekid after 130 eggs with shiny charm and masuda method.

Currently, I'm aiming to get shiny Eevee with this method. So far up to 100 eggs and no luck. I'm hoping it'll take no more than 150

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
Honestly I haven't given this much thought, seeing as most of the shinies I like are either legends or I can just RNG on White, but reading everyone's wonderful finds makes me want to give it a shot! I'm shooting for a shiny Caterpie because shiny Butterfree is simply fabulous. Hoping I can actually get it before the next generation comes out :p

Years
Blah I have had just the worst luck with this. I feel like something's wrong. I've successfully hatched two shinies using this method, a Froakie which took 1018 eggs, and a Ralts which took 1237 eggs. Now I'm on my third attempt, trying to hatch a shiny Shinx; I've been at it for SO long, I stopped counting around a thousand and since then I've hatched around 15 boxes so I guess I'm at almost 1.5k? It's ridiculous, considering the chance for shinies using the Masuda Method has supposedly increased since gen 5, and I've seen tons upon tons of people getting shinies after just a couple hundred, or even after like 3 eggs when they weren't even trying for a shiny! My game must hate me. ;-;

Don't give up! My shiny Shinx from Masuda Method took me forever, (my Goomy too) I don't even remember how many eggs I had to hatch (wouldn't surprise me if it was 2000~ish) but I was so overjoyed when I got it, just be patient and you can have one too!

I was on the phone with a friend while I was hatching eggs with my the bike trick in Lumiose City when he popped out and I litteraly squealed, my friend was like "Wut? What's wrong with you?" lol

That week that I spent hatching armies of Shinx was totally worth it. c:

Besides you wouldn't miss the opportunity to get that cutie, right?

Spoiler:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I think I've been through about 200 eggs so far, still no shiny Honedge. T_T

Even with the Shiny Charm, I have the worst luck with shinies, having not found one since Soul Silver. Though I did hatch that shiny Drilbur not by MM a while back, but it had Sand Force. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 3, 2014
No luck in weeks. It appears the Shiney charm is having an opposite effect on me.
Where can I get good foreign IV pokemon anyway?

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
No luck in weeks. It appears the Shiney charm is having an opposite effect on me.
Where can I get good foreign IV pokemon anyway?

Check out the shop forums in the Trade Plaza and perhaps a few other forums as well.

Otherwise, what I do sometimes is just look on GTS for foreign level 1 pokemon that say they have good ivs. You'll probably get ripped off about 50% of the time, but when it works out, it may pay off.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
When you start your game, take out your parents and then redeposit them. In Trade Corner, we've postulated that the game has a bug in it where it 'forgets' that your parents are Masuda-capable and doesn't take account of the Shiny Charm when you turn your game off. So when you turn it back on, take your parents out and then put them back in. Of course, you have to be careful with your egg moves (making sure they still know them) with this method, but it works. I've gotten two shinies in three days and I do not have the Shiny Charm.

FYI: Shiny Goomy and Shiny Shroomish ♥♥

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
When you start your game, take out your parents and then redeposit them. In Trade Corner, we've postulated that the game has a bug in it where it 'forgets' that your parents are Masuda-capable and doesn't take account of the Shiny Charm when you turn your game off. So when you turn it back on, take your parents out and then put them back in. Of course, you have to be careful with your egg moves (making sure they still know them) with this method, but it works. I've gotten two shinies in three days and I do not have the Shiny Charm.

Whoa whoa whoa. So you're telling me, if I shut off my DS, when I turn it back the MM won't be active while I'm breeding unless I take the parents out and put them back in?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years

whoa, is this true? I'm going to do this immediately.

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
Years
I've gotten a Shiny Mudkip accidently, was breeding to get a adamant mudkip. I had a female mudkip and a japanese adamant gible that I was breeding and a shiny mudkip appeared on the 4th egg. Suprised me a lot.

Shhmew

Years

Hrrmmmmmm. I'll have to heart scale the egg moves back on but I'm going to try this. I've hatched almost 2,000 Shinx now and it's getting VERY old. But it's like... if I stop now, all that work for nothing! ;o; I've tried tipping and that certainly didn't work. So I'll try this method next.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 3, 2014
Awww, hell no.
TWO WEEKS! Of nothing but breeding a 5IV oxoooo Japanese Gible (desteny KNot) and my Female 5IV oxoooo Modest Charmander (Everstone) Just to get a shiny WITH 3 PERFECT IVS!?
WHAT!? HOW!? It has HP, Defence and SP defence. Terrible, missing both speed and special attack.

Oh well, attempting Mareep now, same Gible, same IVs on the Mareep. Wish me luck.

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
Ever since the shiny charm hatching shinies for me have breen a breeze! My record so far only 8 eggs for my perfect Slurpuff :)

Back