• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Polonaise

Pianist
Years
  • I'm currently MMing an Eevee. So far I'm at like 130 eggs. >.> Hopefully I get one soon - I'm trying to get a Calm 5-6 IV Anticipation one to evolve into a Pixilate Sylveon.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • Finally hatched my shiny Vulpix at around 400 eggs, but it had Flash Fire as its ability instead of Drought :(

Years
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just reading thru this forum looking for hope to breed shiny Ralts and.........120+ eggs (and 1000 failed other projects) later Shiny FEMALE Timid Ralts only 1perfect iv but who cares Shiny Ralts! Now I'll breed some more pokes for my army before shiny breeding Froakie again. The male Ralts is what I was afraid of.

victini91

Star of the Victory
    Years
  • I'm currently Masuda-breeding to get a shiny Eevee, 600+ or so times and eventually one of them is a Shiny but hindering nature...oh my gosh...gonna try again.

victini91

Star of the Victory
    Years
  • If you have one parent hold an Everstone, it will pass down that parent's nature.

Thanks for the suggestion. Too bad I only have one Everstone and I've accidentally tossed it while removing junks in the backpack ( my hand was godspeed fast.... ;-; ). Do you know where we could find another Everstone, other than Scientist in Geosenge Town and wild Geodudes?

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Now at 420 Arons with no luck.
    I'm probably going to MM for a shiny Mareep after this one. It'll be a bit easier since it takes less steps to hatch than those Arons.
    I am ready to bring a new world order with my army of Arons.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years

• Thanks for the suggestion. Too bad I only have one Everstone and I've accidentally tossed it while removing junks in the backpack ( my hand was godspeed fast.... ;-; ). Do you know where we could find another Everstone, other than Scientist in Geosenge Town and wild Geodudes?
    Roggenrola in Reflection Cave hold them. You can find them as a single encounter or in hordes.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Geodudes hold them as well.

I use Gothitelle who has Frisk ability and theif as one of her move. I go to Victory Road that has alot of them. If she don't detect any of them holding an Everstone then I just run off to save me time and onto the next Geodude horde.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    When I tried for Eevee though, I gave up. Took forever and I made it to 70 eggs and was like no.

Don't have Shiny Charm yet lol.

Lol, I have Shiny Charm and used Masuda Method, and it took me 1600 eggs to hatch my Careful Eevee (31/xx/31/31/31/31).

Good friend of mine hatched one in ONLY 300 eggs. =.= And not just that but it was (31/31/31/xx/31/31)..

That lucky guy! xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    I was able to get a Shiny Beldum. I was very surprised when I got it, but it was awesome! I ended up evolving it to an awesome Shiny Metagross! =D

Years
  • I just signed up for an account today, but I've been lurking and reading this thread off and on for a few days now. I'm attempting to breed for a shiny eevee. I have about ten boxes full of eevees and two full of eevee eggs, but nothing yet. :/

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Hatched another shiny Phantump in my attempt to get rid of all the other eggs I had stored from MM'ing for the other Phantump. Though this one has an IV Spread of 31/31/31/31/xx/31, male, with Harvest for an ability.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I just started the Masuda method and on my 20th buneary.no luck lol probably gonna need to hatch 2000 more eggs XD

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Two days ago I got a Shiny Sewaddle in the 14th egg. Less than 24 hours later, I got a Shiny Helioptile in the 82nd egg. Talk about luck lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    Just hatched this cutie after 193 eggs. It's missing it's speed IV but I'll make it work. :)
    Rotom_zps37c83ce2.jpg

Years
  • I'm at around 850 eggs hatched trying to get myself a shiny Venipede using Masuda, still no luck. I'm not going to be giving up any time soon though, I'm pretty patient with most shiny hunting. Looking forward to that beautiful shiny Scolipede !

Back