• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Okay, so I'm pretty new to this whole shiny egg hatching thing, and I hope some can answer a few of my questions about it, since this is now one of the things that caught my interest after I eaten the Elite Four.

Do I only need to have one parent from other regions? Like, a Jap Ralts and an in-game Ditto?
    Does the Masuda method still work if my Ditto's the foreign parent?
    Does storing Eggs in our PC removes the (high) chance for it to be shiny?
    And if we're a step or two away from hatching the Egg, does soft-resetting work if the Egg doesn't hatch into a shiny?

Anyway, I switched from Ralts to Charmander now. 20 Eggs so far, no shiny. :3

Last edited:

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years

• Do I only need to have one parent from other regions? Like, a Jap Ralts and an in-game Ditto?
    -Yes, it is enough as long as they are not from the same region
    Does the Masuda method still work if my Ditto's the foreign parent?
    -Sure
    Does storing Eggs in our PC removes the (high) chance for it to be shiny?
    -Egg content is fixed and pregenerated as soon as the man from the daycare is facing the route
    And if we're a step or two away from hatching the Egg, does soft-resetting work if the Egg doesn't hatch into a shiny?
    -No, if you are going to SR you ll have to save game, gather 5, hatch them and then soft reset
    the content does not change so if an egg was available before you saving you will have to discard it

Years
  • Is there anyone outside of the US willing to be my Masuda-method partner in crime? I'm looking for someone to trade 3-4 specific pokemon in hopes of getting a couple different shinies. I'm willing to be flexible and help out as well. To be honest, IV-values aren't the highest priority to me but I promise to do my best to make my trades as fair as possible. Please PM me if you'd like to work together to get a shiny or two of your particular liking. Thank you.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    Is there anyone outside of the US willing to be my Masuda-method partner in crime? I'm looking for someone to trade 3-4 specific pokemon in hopes of getting a couple different shinies. I'm willing to be flexible and help out as well. To be honest, IV-values aren't the highest priority to me but I promise to do my best to make my trades as fair as possible. Please PM me if you'd like to work together to get a shiny or two of your particular liking. Thank you.

Hiii, how do you mean be a MM buddy. You mean like trading the Pokemon you want to breed with each other then trade them back? I'd do it if you could tell me how this would work.
    Also, i added your FC, add me back?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Despite the risk of getting a male Ralts, I personally believe it's a lower chance. I've been getting about a 3/4 ratio of hatching females to males. Might just be me, however.

Lol! What's wrong with a male Gardevoir? It's a pokemon. They exist. Stop being sexist. >=(

No worries, it's all luck..didn't get my shiny until over 1000 eggs in. Was it worth it? Yes it was. Just be patient with it. Though I don't know if it's been confirmed or not if the Masuda Method works while parents are holding IV/Nature passing items, best to play it safe and take them off.

idk if anyone answered this yet, but I hatched my shiny charmander and my shiny squirtle in under 250 eggs and i had one parent holding destiny knot and the other with everstone.

unfortunately I'm on 600 Bulbasaur already with no shinies.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Just got another shiny last night! My Larvesta, who will turn into this lovely Volcarona :)
    637.png

I do believe I'll never attempt to chain-fish or pokeradar again. So much easier just to hatch a shiny. I don't remember how many eggs it took, but it wasn't as long as hatching my Sandshrew.

EDIT: And breeding is preferable, since you can get some good IVs and the nature you want!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hatched 387 Pawniards trying to get a shiny who has Psycho Cut. Thought I'd give up after 718 but I seem to be giving up only after Gen III.

Years
  • I have been breeding Charmanders just recently, Japanese and English, and got a shiny one within my first 8 eggs! I was surprised because I've never bred a shiny before, I've caught all the shiny pokemon I've ever owned!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2013
    I just started breeding for shiny Eevees (their eggs take notoriously long time to hatch) last night. I have hatched 6 Eggs so far and yet none of them has given me my coveted Shiny Eevee. :(
    So, quick question, has anybody tried the Masuda Method in Pokemon X/Y and obtained a Shiny yet? And how many eggs did it take for you to hatch your shiny Pokemon? I think I'm gonna stop with the Eevees for now, time to try out something else that's easier :(

I haven't yet either sadly :C
    Before I restarted, I had a whole box and a half of eevees .--.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Anybody with a non American game please pm me I'm looking to send over 5 IV eggs for someone to hatch and send back I can either give you an egg of your own or an American version right now what I really want is my 5iv adamant charmander 31/31/31/xx/31/31 w/ 4 egg moves

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I do believe I'll never attempt to chain-fish or pokeradar again. So much easier just to hatch a shiny. I don't remember how many eggs it took, but it wasn't as long as hatching my Sandshrew.
    You say that but has it ever taken you more than 1500 eggs?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    110 Marill eggs down and although I've had a few flawless ones, no Shiny thus far. :-(

Years
  • Well, I didn't think that the next Masuda shiny would be so quick to show himself, but I'm not complaining! ^^

I think I got him with less than 100 eggs, which is great since I was able to keep leftovers for trades too.

Anyways, here's the star :

Spoiler:

He looks beautiful. <3

Last edited:

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • 1653 Bulbasaur eggs and I finally get my shiny... and its furking Overgrow. Fml.
    Were you using the SR method? I think that now that i do SR after every 5 eggs, it takes me 1/3rd of the time to get a shiny (compared to my older method of batching 30 eggs & hatching the box of eggs in lumiose)

Back