• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • I hate how we can't hatch the PKMN we wanted to be shiny, and when we're taking a break and just make eggs for friend's request, they hatch into shinies(Baltoy). -,-

Seriously, why???
    I already Wonder Traded 3 boxes or so Tepigs already! >.>

edit...
    I just realized something...
    why the heck am I trying to hatch a shiny Tepig in the first place?! <.<

Because tepig is epic? Or so we can make a trade after it hatches:) XD
    But I know what you mean about that random hatches for someone. I was around 300-350 froakie eggs when I stopped to breed the Treecko and a shiny popped out. I had never been so excited and frustrated at the same time.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have never in my life hatched a shiny.
    My friend says i can just soft reset and hatch the same five eggs over and over.?Can this be done?

yep, as long as you haven't received the Eggs yet.
    this means, you'll have to save right before you collect the Eggs. :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    i am using a ditto from my country and a japanese arcanine.25 eggs but no shiny
    EDIT:only a perfect vi growlithe

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • 700+ Eggs and still no shiny Emolga. If I hadn't hatched so many eggs already I'd be liable to quit breeding.

It's just so frustrating, because I, like many of you, have not once come across a shiny in-game (not counting Red Gyrados from HG/SS). I've been holding off on the various other methods (chain-fishing, Radar-chaining, etc.) until I hatch this thing, but it's getting to the point where I feel like I've invested way too many hours to achieve nothing.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'm working on some 6IV Abra with egg moves, and I'm actually scared that I *will* get a shiny! Mainly focused on getting a female one (with HA and moves) that I might miss one of them being shiny... since I really don't see a difference in colors :/

Years
  • I'm working on some 6IV Abra with egg moves, and I'm actually scared that I *will* get a shiny! Mainly focused on getting a female one (with HA and moves) that I might miss one of them being shiny... since I really don't see a difference in colors :/

If your luck is like mine you will get the zhiby with its regular ability. 80+ froakir eggs and got my shiny, thought to myself how lucky I must be, then I pulled up its info and looked down at the ability, from now on if I get a masuda method shiny while IV breeding then yay but I'm not wasting time on it anymore.
    I did get my 6IV jap. Ditto so the chances ate more likely but I don't think I can take the heartbreak of getting stiffed on the ability again. However it would give me great trade bait if I hadn't already completed the national dex...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    and here i go again. after taking a break from trying to get a 5 or 6IV shiny Charmander, i went to breed a Trevenant so I can have a good one on my team with good IVs.
    I hatched a shiny Phantump after hatching 13 eggs. It has the Harvest ability, a good nature reducing sp.atk, and has 5IVs missing ATK. -,-

zzz

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Yes... Hatched a 5IV Shiny Pokemon; 31/31/31/xx/31/31. :D

This one only took me 175 eggs. My second fastest Masuda method. The longest part which wasn't that long is the perfect IVs I was aiming for. Couldn't get a straight perfect 6, so I got 5 instead which is still top notch along with the nature I wanted; Timid. All this was done by me for the first time which isn't bad at all. That 6IV Shiny Ditto (IVs) made it easy for me, I must say. :D

Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Last edited:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Hey guys! :)

So, finally after already 261 eggs I hatched a shiny Eevee (male)! :) I'm super happy about this, since I like Eevee (who doesn't these days) a whole lot! I already evolved him around Lv:15 into a gorgeous shiny Sylveon! ^_^ Maybe I will do more MM in the future to get some other shiny Eevee's :3

I started another MM project after I hatched my shiny Eevee, now I really would like to have a shiny Fletchling (love Bird Pokemon in general too)! I'm already at 300 eggs (hatched), so bear with me! :3 I'll keep in touch with you guys on how it's going! Ofcourse I won't stop till that cute-brown-yellow bird hatches from one of my eggs! ;)

To everyone else still hatching: good luck and don't give up! Keep in mind you still need some luck but you will be rewarded with a shiny eventually! :)

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • I got the shiny charm yesterday and started breeding for a shiny Froakie. Got one after 52 eggs with perfect Iv's in Defence, Special Defence and Speed. Timid nature and Protean :)

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Weeelll I'm at 420 Eggs now, still no shiny Fletchling... yet :3
    I'm still going to continue anyway, I use a Japanese Fletchling btw with a Ditto from Europe. Ofcourse I will let you guys know when it finally decides to hatch into a shiny ;)

And; the more eggs, the better! If that takes me faster to my goal xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Masuda Method explained?

Hey there, this is my first thread so I hope it's OK for posting it here.

I have a serieus question about using the Masuda Method. I am aware of the fact that you'll have to use one foreign pokemon and one Pokemon that is from the same language/area as your game cartridge. But, I wanted to start a MM project, like breeding with a Japanese Scyther and I got a Ditto from a friend, who lives in the UK. I'm from the Netherlands, so that would mean the Ditto is still from a European country.

If I use these Pokemon regarding to the Masuda Method, will it take effect? Or do you HAVE to have one of your parent Pokemon caught in your own cartridge in which you are breeding (that is, do you have to be the original trainer yourself of one of the parent Pokemon)? I'm not the original trainer of both of the Pokemon I use, even though the Ditto is still from the same "area" I'm in and so, my cartridge (UK and Netherlands are both in Europe).

Thanks for all your help and effort guys!

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    Hello! First post, and I basically joined this to see if I can't get this one question answered;
    the question being in regards to the Masuda Method.

I've been breeding Eevee's for almost two month now, (I'm almost to 2,000 eggs) and haven't bred a single shiny eevee, which has lead me to wonder if what I'm doing is wrong. Now, I understand that you need to breed a foreign eevee with one from your game, so what I did was breed a foreign male eevee with a ditto until I got a female eevee; I then proceeded to replace the ditto with the female eevee. Was this the wrong thing to do? I don't have a problem encountering shiny pokemon: I have chain fished many as well as encountered a shiny yanma, and trevenant. This in mind, if I chain fish periodically while hatching eggs, does that hurt my chances of hatching a shiny?

Thank you for your help.

Back