• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • I just started breeding for shiny Eevees (their eggs take notoriously long time to hatch) last night. I have hatched 6 Eggs so far and yet none of them has given me my coveted Shiny Eevee. :(
    So, quick question, has anybody tried the Masuda Method in Pokemon X/Y and obtained a Shiny yet? And how many eggs did it take for you to hatch your shiny Pokemon? I think I'm gonna stop with the Eevees for now, time to try out something else that's easier :(

Hey,
    I have tried to breed a shiny Eevee and succeeded after around 370 eggs.
    So, here is my advice to you:
    Use two Eevee's both from a foreign country (this increases the chances of a shiny)
    Also if you complete the national dex that helps (I never did though)
    Just keep trying, I took a few days over it but just keep trying...
    I hope this helps your venture and would like to know if you get a shiny Eevee.
    Thanks,
    Dodo Hunter

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    I am new to this site and I been doing mm for 5 days going on six am at 701egg hatch for shiny squirtle wish me luck hope it doesn't take me in they 2000

Years
  • So far I've gotten a Tyrogue (5 eggs), Espurr (5 eggs), Klefki (101 eggs), Fennekin (11 eggs), another Espurr (14 eggs), Chespin (157 eggs), Froakie (124 eggs), and Eevee (90 eggs). I generally don't spend that much time on any one project which is why my numbers are so low. I find I get bored with breeding the same thing over and over again so I like to switch it up a lot.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Masuda Method doesn't like me at all, 400 eggs, no shiny. For shinies I have caught 1 in the wild and 3 in Friend Safari, I won't give up, still would love to raise a shiny Patrat.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Masuda Method doesn't like me at all, 400 eggs, no shiny. For shinies I have caught 1 in the wild and 3 in Friend Safari, I won't give up, still would love to raise a shiny Patrat.

400 eggs isn't many at all. I wouldn't say you're having bad luck until you get in the 1800+ range, especially if don't have the shiny charm yet.

With the shiny charm i average about 1 shiny each 300-400 or so eggs which is still pretty good.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    So a day or so I said I was hunting squirtle but it wasn't on my y I was hunting on my black.I have so much bad luck on that game only found one shiny in that game(pidove)So I decide hunt on lucky pokemon y before I got shiny squirtle I got shiny golden and gyradose same day.I wish I could show u a pic but use up my phone data PS(I can finally can hunt something else)
    Squirtle took 874 eggs

Years
  • Just hatched my second shiny eevee! It took only 158 eggs and it's a female with 4 perfect IV's ^^

This brings my mean chance of hatching a shiny with masuda method without shiny charm at 1/475,6667 (N=6). I plan to gather more data without the shiny charm to have a good comparison to the data that I will gather with the shiny charm.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Finally, after 687 eggs, I got my shiny Aron! I seriously though it would never end.
    Her name is Nobel and she's perfect!!!! I can't wait to use her on my X team!
    Spoiler:

Edit: Okay, so I decided to MM for a shiny Mareep for fun and in just 28 eggs I hatched a shiny!!!!!
    Spoiler:

Good lord, I can't believe it!!! Going straight into my X team, for sure!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    Started with Charmander; got one by the 6th egg, very fortunate indeed.

Ever since been trying Shinx, filled about 5 boxes. No luck yet, the chances are so much better though.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Guys...I think ShhMew is on to something.

I've been hatching Honedge eggs with a Jap 6IV Ditto(Hacked ofc) and my Competitive Aegislash since 2pm yesterday up until 15 mins ago which was 7;15 AM. This is straight btw, I did not sleep at all(lol) only took like 10-15 min breaks here and there for smokes/food/restroom.

I hatched 710 eggs in all, but the first 687 was before trying ShhMew's strategy. Went straight to Cafe Le Neah or w/e you called it, beat all three battles in 2 turns, then tipped 10k, went to the daycare, took out my pokemon, put them right back in, and after 23 eggs, I got my Shiny Honedge.

I'm not saying this strategy will work 100% time. After all it may just be a mere coincidence. I do have the Shiny Charm too, and the average peson usually get a shiny around 700 sumtin eggs from what I've read on countless boards. Though, I do reccomend just trying this before breeding for shinies. Until the shiny chances get figured out by hackers, trying this technique dosent hurt at all. It might be the reason you can only tip 10k after doing the battles perfectly. Because doing those battles with the specefic turns. The reward shouldn't be Tipping more money.

Anyways, I'll be up for a while, since I dont wanna mess up my sleep schedule, so I'm going to breed for shiny Feebas, and Shiny Deino. Will post if I get any positive results.

Anyways Stats for the Honedge I caught. Near to Perfect

Brave
    31/31/31/31/x/???
    Wish I got 31 in Sp Def though, would totally make my day. Couldn't really think of a good nickname, so I just named it Spirit Sword, after Kuwabara's Spirit Sword from the Anime Yu-Yu Hakusho. One of the best Anime of all time.

edit; btw this is my first MM shiny EVER. :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    I got real lucky two times in a row. After just 30 eggs I got a 4IV Shiny Honedge and after just 15! eggs I had a 5IV Shiny Chespin!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I got really lucky last night. I bred 30 Bulbasaur and got a Shiny Male Modest Chlorophyll one -- 18/0/31/31/31/31

Almost competitive, too u_u

applemonster

Forum Lurker...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I'm breeding for shiny eevees! On about 800 or more and no luck.

I took a break to breed some pokes for other people and got a shiny 4iv growlithe (now an arcanine i'm ev training while i hatch eevees) and a shiny 4iv aron in the first 15 eggs....

If anyone wants aussie HA 4-5iv eevees pm me. They have charm, synchronise, curse and wish. I'm trading them on GTS or giving them away.

Back