• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

have u ever been outside your country? or do u know any 1 who has never been outside their country?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'd be on an endless road-trip if I had ambitious friends. I like to travel as much as possible. There's so many incredible places right on my doorstep that I don't have to spend a months wage to visit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Unfortunately no though I'd really like to someday. Lol nice to point that out about America, but in my defense it's extremely expensive to travel anywhere of interest from America... Like from where I live in America, Canada wouldn't be outrageously expensive, but I don't have much interest in making the trek up there. I'd like to go to some countries in Europe and South America. I'd also like to visit New Zealand. If I lived on a continent like Europe it wouldn't be as expensive and time consuming to visit many different countries so I'd def take advantage of that if I could...

Years
  • I love traveling, I absolutely love exploring... I kinda picture myself as one of those pioneers who discovered new lands in the past!
    Something which, unfortunately, isn't achievable anymore in the current times... But I can still fantasize, can't I?
    I've been to Portugal, Spain, France, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, Russia, India, Tunisia, Egypt and Kenya!
    I am planning to go to South Africa soon. I just can't get enough of the feelings traveling gives me...

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I am Canadian, and I went to Spain for ten days a few years ago. We went to Morroco for one day before leaving Spain and going back to Canada.
    (We had to change plane in France, so I put a foot in France for maybe 20 minutes XD)

Years
  • American here. I have been to England a few times to visit family and also lived in South Korea for about ten months when I was studying abroad. I love being out of the US - it's a non-stop roller coaster of fun.

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
    Years
  • MURRICUH!!!

Ahem, I'm originally from the U.S of Murricuh, and I've been to Italy, Japan (twice), England, Wales, and Scotland. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm American, and until fairly recently, I had never been out of the country. I've been to Italy now, though. It was a lot of fun, and I'd love to see some other places if the opportunity presents itself.

People have various reasons for not leaving their country. For example, international travel is expensive, and therefore may not be feasible for a lot of people depending on where they live. I have friends who have never left the country before (albeit not many, I was one of the last ones), and most of them would like to travel at some point, but simply haven't had the opportunity to do so.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I haven't been outside the US (my home country) in over a decade, but I have visited other places like Mexico, Spain, Germany, and Turkey (and along with those last two, possibly some other European countries, I'm not sure, as I was 1 year old at the time). I would really like to travel abroad again as an adult, particularly to England, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia, to name a few places. It is expensive and I only make so much money, so it may be a while yet.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I was born and raised in the USA, been to Canada and Mexico
    I really want to travel the world soon, especially Europe

I did NOT like Mexico
    I loved Canada
    A little chilly, but it's nice

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I was born in Indonesia, and I've been going to Singapore for a week or so when I was having vacation in about a year ago. I'd like to travel to more places like Malaysia, Australia and several others, though.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I currently live in England now, and I have been to both Spain and Gibraltar. There's a lot of places I've been to in Spain; Lloret de Mar, Barcelona, Benidorm, Torremolinos, Palma Nova and Valencia. However, Gibraltar was amazing, it's like a second home to me. Would love to go back there someday.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • So many people in Metro Detroit have gone to Canada that it's almost not counted as "going to a different country". Windsor is closer than Flint to someone who lives in Madison Heights, Warren or something around there.

As many who live near me I've been to Canada. But I've also been to the UK and to Japan.

I lived in Japan when I was 3. Hiroshima, specifically. My dad was part of a restructuring program for Mazda with Ford. So we lived there for a year.

We went to the UK because my dad's from there and we were visiting family. Luck Hax is grateful that my family is not from Manchester, for reasons I will not disclose here.

We've been to Canada several times for buying things, as well as just going to Toronto for fun. We also went to Toronto for a competition once I think.

UK and Canada were fine and I wouldn't mind going back, I can't remember Japan very well, my parents described it as very different and the people there were very xenophobic, but some people were really nice and we still have friends there.

The US is such a big country that sometimes when you travel it can feel like being in a new country.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'm from the Philippines, and the only foreign country I've ever been to was Hong Kong. I had a fun time, and I'd like to return to that place again. :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Born and raised in USA - on a few occasion I have been with my grandma to Mexico, to visit relatives - one time when I was 5 years old lived in Mexico for about a year, in 2006 we stayed for 3 weeks. Yeah, I miss Mexico.

Years
  • I live in Ireland and I've been to Britain (England, Wales & Scotland), France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Greece, Malta and Turkey. And Vatican City, although idk if I really count that.

Years
  • I'm from Australia and have been to the following:
    - New Zealand
    - Vanuatu
    - Japan
    - USA
    - Papua New Guinea.

The first and last two were work/study based. Many countries are a long flight from Australia so travel is expensive and long. My husband and I really want to go to Europe, but we would probably need a spare $10k to do anything. I mainly want to go to:
    - Italy (Florence)
    - Austria
    - France
    - Holland (windmills!).

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'm from Malaysia. Countries I've been to are Singapore, Japan, Australia, Canada, England, America, The Netherlands, Hong Kong, China, France, Switzerland. Might have missed out a few or mistaken some of them, but that's where I've been more or less. Aiming for even more countries in the future!

Back