• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you been bullied at school?

How often are you/have you been bullied at school?

• Frequently

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rarely

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Never

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
  • Have you been bullied at school? If you have, could you describe it in your post? This poll is for a school project, and what better place to poll people than a forum?

OK, these are some definitions for bullying. Bullying can be put into three categories:
    • Physical Bullying: Bullying that involves physical contact and/or harm to the victim.
    • Verbal Bullying: Bullying that involves words and insults.
    • Emotional Bullying: Rumours are spread about the victim, and the bully tells people to stay away from the victim. More common with girls, but can happen to anyone.

The frequency of bullying can be defined here:
    • Frequently: The bullying occurs daily or a few times a week
    • Occasionally: The bullying occurs a few times in a month or term
    • Rarely: Bullying occurs as a one-off thing or a few times a year.
    • Never: You have never experienced bullying.

If you have been bullied, but aren't bullied now, please vote in the poll anyway. Also mention whether it affects you or not, and how it affects you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Nope. I don't exactly know why I wasn't either, just people stayed away from me for no reason. O_o I wonder...

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Nope. Despite being short, skinny, weird and not that popular i've never been bullied. People usually just ignore me, which i'm fine with haha.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • It depends. I'm occasionally bullied, but it's more like awkward annoyance than bullying. I don't mind it so much though because the people I know used to do it have cleared their heads a bit.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Never been bullied before, but I have been a bully. I have curbed my ways however and I am genuinely nice to everyone (unless they go out of their way to fight me).

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Meh, if I had a dollar for every time I was bullied in my life, I'd not only be Bill Gates, I'd put the government out of business.

In my new school, it's STILL a lot, but significantly less from my previous ones. I'm gonna pity them working under me like every nerd does :P.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    I used to be, I beat the crap out of some of the kids that did though and people are sort of afraid of me now. When I hear people say crap about my friends I tell them to stfu if I even hear my name mentioned amongst people I tell them that if thier going to talk about me to not be so stupid and be more quiet about it.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I wouldn't say I was bullied. Picked on, sure. But I think everyone goes through a bit of that during school at some point. I was never seriously bullied or beat up or anything like that though. For some strange reason, I always wanted to get into at least one fight in high school. It never happened though...guess I'm too mild-mannered XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm not bullied anymore. Bullying stopped, really, around me when the kids in my school matured back.. four years ago? Of course there is some bullying from the people in my grade, but not as much as it used to be back when we were in primary years of school from like.. all the way up to fifth grade. As we got older, we kind of grew out of that phase. But, like I said, there are some immature juniors, so~

Viva La Ace!

R U N DON'T W A L K.
    Years
  • Never. Even though I'm about the shortest student in the school and am just way too weird, plus being one of the smartest and geekiest band geeks in the world, I never have. I guess people think I'm a skater because of my attire, since those people are like, respected or whatever. I'm fine with it, though!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Bullying, according to our school principal, means to make someone uncomfortable. This can include bullying from a teacher, and don't say a teacher bullied you when all he/she did was keep you in for five minutes at recess.

I'm bullied a lot at school. I think it's because I'm just not 'cool' (I can't believe I actually said that :( ). Really, though, I try to ignore them. When school starts again, though, I'm going to adopt a new strategy.

Nope, not at all. In fact, I was the one that had a bullying group at school. Everyday, before everyone had a chance to get out, we'd take a lotta kids' lunch money, and waste it in the Arcade.

Ah, the days...

Don't you feel guilty about that? It could come back on you one day. My teacher told me not to bully nerds because you could end up working for them.

Last edited:

Tank_Dizzle

Add me
    Years
  • Well i when i was in Fourth grade i was bullied cuz There was some Rasiest kids and they were messed up cuz i was white... They tryed to fight me but then i fought the one of the kid in the group and i beat him up..and now in the 6th grade i am popular and No one will mess with me cuz they know they will get beat up.

Vie

Years
  • I have been, in 7th grade...mostly verbal violence. But I learned not to care about stuff like that..there are better things to do.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I've been called names and threatened since I am a loner when I was younger. I have a tendency to fight back hard and in a lot of ways. Strangely, the ex-bully now trusts me very much and wants to be my friend, but I somehow couldn't let go of the past and fully accept him.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Last time somebody did something that could be considered 'bullying' to me there was a violent outcome... I havn't had any trouble since then. Sometimes actions are more effective than words. I felt really guilty after ._. even though they had it coming.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well we bully each other all the time. There is no pick on one guy we just pick on each other all the time non stop. Its much funner like that when we bully each other.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    In middle school (all three years) and in Kindergarten, I was bullied frequently. Though I was never hit, I was threatened and verbally abused. That's why I have such low self-esteem, I suppose. Not only is my self-esteem low, but I also get upset easily due to the bullying.

There are a bunch of other ill effects I've experienced, but, more recently, I'm usually treated nicely. I, personally, have treated almost everyone in school nicely, despite the constant bullying. I say almost because this guy bullied me once and I punched him in the face. That got him to shut up.

EDIT: Also, yeah, I'd say I was both verbally and emotionally bullied.

Back