• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you bought a console just for playing Pokemon?

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    The only reason I even had handhelds for most of my life is for Pokemon. I'm not really interested in any of the other games out there until the DS era, where they started releasing things for handhelds that seemed pretty awesome. Still, my initial purpose for buying all of my handhelds is "Pokemon is going to come out with a new generation for this thing. I will get it."

Years
    Yup, I bought all of my Nintendo systems with the initial intent of playing the Pokemon games available for them, then go on to play other games as well. I bought my GBA SP to play R/S/E, and my DSi to play HG/SS and BW/BW2. Now that the ORAS games have been announced, I'll definitely pick up a 3DS XL when I get the chance. If that happens before the games are released, I'll be getting Pokemon Y to occupy my wait.

Back