• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have You Ever Imported Video Games?

Years
  • The majority of my imported games are North American DS games that never made their way to Europe. Some notable ones were: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (both versions... mainly so I didn't have to wait for the European release), Kirby Super Star Ultra and Master of the Monster Lair (a pretty obscure Atlus game... because Atlus rarely release games here). I own one Japanese 'game'... it's Level-5 Premium Silver; basically a demo that was handed out at one of Level-5's events that contains an Inazuma Eleven demo and a small Professor Layton game called Professor Layton and the London Holiday. The only reason I got that is because I am a HUUUUUGEEE Level-5/Professor Layton/Inazuma Eleven fan.

Years
  • I have not. All my games are US legit copies.

Even if I wanted to play a foreign game or something, I could probably just download it on a ROM, anyway.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • While I didn't import these myself, my copies of the four Japanese Gen 1 Pokemon games must have been imported at some point before I picked them for $7.00 each.

Years
  • I wish I could import games, but then I wouldn't understand a single thing that is going on in the game so it's not exactly worth it from my perspective \: I've seen interesting otome games for the PSP though and those will probably never be localized because it's all about the shooters these days.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Twice, both quite a while ago now.

The first one was Pokemon Sapphire (my aunt in America sent it as a present) so I got to play it before it came out in Europe. Does a present count as an import?

The second one was when I first discovered Amazon, Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations was taking forever to release in Europe so I got it from Amazon as a test run. (An American copy)

Both were games from series that I already enjoyed...so it feels like a no brainer to say there were absolutely no regrets.

My experiences importing have been positive, although I haven't imported in a while now due to more uniform releases and the 3ds not being region free. (Otherwise I'd probably consider importing Shin Megami Tensei IV)

Never imported a Japanese game, I'm not that adventurous. :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • I imported Pokemon Pearl from Japan way back when it had just been released in Japan because I couldn't wait for the US release. It was about.. $60, I'd say. :( Took my mom a whole lot of convincing. Don't think I'll ever import again though; I have much more patience now~

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Twice I had the intention of importing Pokemon games so I could play them in another language - I had plan on buying/importing Black 2 from Mexico - then I found out that the games are in English too... disappointed I never did.

About a week before XY info on choosing language was introduced, I had plan on buying Pokemon Black 2 from Amazon Japan, Amazon France, Amazon Germany, and a Spanish Video Game store..... then I found out that XY has the option of choosing 7 languages (when I saw it on an XY trailer) - never decided to order them.

Up to this point I have not imported a game, I found out the 3DS XL is region locked, I probably won't either.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I've bought copies of imported games but I have never imported games myself. It is especially easy for me to buy any kind of game because near my house we have one of the best and largest video game marketplace. Literally shop after shop of used and new, mostly used though, game copies, accessories and consoles.

Back