• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headaches.

Years
  • I tent to get stress headaches. They feel like pressure headaches, but I don't normally do anything about them, as I have experienced that medication of any sort (over the counter), doesn't help or dull the pain in any way, shape or form.

I just try to ignore it and get on with what I am doing.​

Years
  • We get them from time to time, no?
    But how do you cope with headaches? And do you get them often? Have you ever had situations where you get a headache but can't take care of it for hours?

I usually get them daily. I generally just lie down for a bit or take Panadol if it becomes too much, for for the most part, I can ignore them. They do make me feel lethargic, though, which is frustrating.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I used to get them nearly every day. Most of the time they were debilitating and pain medication only dulled the pain. Usually I could sleep it off or wait for it to pass, but I did have one that lasted for 3 days, and I had to get a prescription for some pretty strong medication.

Thankfully, I don't get them nearly as often as I used to. I don't know what changed or why they went away, but I'm not complaining.

Years
  • Most of the time when I get a headache, I just take a few tylenol and wait for them to kick in. If that doesn't help, then since most of my headaches seem to be caused due to eye strain, then I'll just go lie down and close my eyes, preferably in a dark room. That will usually do the trick after some time.

...And if that doesn't ever work, then I'm not sure what to do. :(

Years
  • Ugh. Headaches are horrible. I've been getting really bad ones here recently. Idk if they are migraines, but they are definitely worse than a regular headache. I'm really sensitive to light. So either I find a way to remedy these, or I live the rest of my life in darkness like a vampire!!!

Years
  • Keep calm and carry on! If it bothers me enough I'll take some paracetamol.
    That's what I do most of the time, though if it bothers me enough and I can't get to one of my remedies to help it die down, then I'd say something but other than that I just flat out deal with them.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I don't get headaches a lot, but when I do, I usually just sleep it off.

Years
  • I rarely get them, but when I do, I just take some tylenol or sleep early if it's late at night.

Speaking of which, has anybody had a cluster headache? (or have even heard of it?)

CrimsonFlames

Bye-Beeeeeee!
    Years
  • I rarely get headaches because I just keep eating veggies like ebaryday and it keeps me healthy but I get headaches when doing a really really hard math problem.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I used to/still do occasionally have chronic migraines.

At first it was because of the medications I was taking for school. Every night when they wore off I would get just terrible headaches and migraines.

My treatment was usually taking aspirin, and laying down in a dark room with a warm washcloth over my eyes. Another thing I did was what I call 'pain diverts pain'. Basically your brain can be distracted by other pain happening in the body, so i would use pressure points to relieve a little bit of stress on my head. It helped.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • I don't deal with headaches.

I rarely get headaches. This means that I honestly don't know how to handle them when they hit me. I'm the kind of person who doesn't want to take pills unless it's absolutely necessary (so no tylenol for me) and I just suffer through them. It's awful actually. One time I had a legitimate migraine at work and I was nearly crying whenever the sunlight hit.

Like I said though, rarely. I'm fortunate enough not to have to deal with it often.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think headaches are caused by stress. I'm not normally a stressful person, so I rarely get headaches. The only time I get headaches are if the weather changes quickly, but I think that's just my sinuses.

When I get one I normally take some Advils and am out like a light.

Back