• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    hey guys I have yet to play the game, and I was wondering if the levels in Kanto are higher than in GSC? They were wayyyyy too low in GSC.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I wonder,
    Can Feebas be caught in these games?
    And how do Feebas evolve if it can be caught in this game?
    Is there any Poffin or Pokeblock?
    No, it cannot, I believe - but if it can it's after the Elite Four. But it's most likely unobtainable, is my assumption. For evolution... the game should still keep a stat on the Beauty of Pokemon, even though you would have to increase that in D/P/Pt, os it'd still be a level-up process.

No Poffin or Pokeblocks either in these games - no contests. You can make Apricorn Shakes though for the Pokethlon from Aprcorns (which are a spinoff of berries, I suppose.. they returned from the 2nd gen games).
    hey guys I have yet to play the game, and I was wondering if the levels in Kanto are higher than in GSC? They were wayyyyy too low in GSC.
    I believe some are higher (such as Red which is definately higher), but as for the normal trainers of Kanto someone else will have to answer that. Not so for the Wild Pokemon however - they're low. On a side note it is larger than what it was in GSC...

Years
  • After you catch the Red Gyarados when does the Lake of Rage stop raining? When I went to it yesterday, it stopped raining. I also saw the Red Gyarados in the lake and the male Cool Trainer was there, but the two Fishermen were gone.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The rain goes on and off randomly. The lake water is lower when its not raining too.

Years
  • I need some help. I'm stuck on the S.S.Aqua.
    I've battled all the trainers I can and I can't get past that dude on the lower level either. What do I need to do?
    Thanks

EDIT: I think I have it figured out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Anyone else who gets stuck, go back to the guy in the bed aftera while. XD

EDIT: anyone wanna help me with the first gym, lt serge? thanks, just gettin past the gate thingos. :P

Last edited:

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I need some help. I'm stuck on the S.S.Aqua.
    I've battled all the trainers I can and I can't get past that dude on the lower level either. What do I need to do?
    Thanks

EDIT: I think I have it figured out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Anyone else who gets stuck, go back to the guy in the bed aftera while. XD

EDIT: anyone wanna help me with the first gym, lt serge? thanks, just gettin past the gate thingos. :P
    If you need help reading it in Japanese, when you find a switch, it will be a longer message and you'll hear a noise when you find one. Then you can save the game and search a trashcan next to it (vertically, horizontally, etc) and if it's not the right one, restart the game and try a different can.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    hey guys how do magnemite and piloswine elvolve in HG/SS!?!?!

C.N.C

Tile Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    heey
    i've a question: how did you can customize the safari zone?
    they say on serebii that you caught a geodude and let him see to boaba or something but who's boaba?

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • Posted this question in the wrong thread previously. My bad. XD;

So, okay. I just got a Japanese Ditto from a person on the GTS, and it's level 10. I know that doesn't happen in DPP, and the tag of where it's from says 'From a Faraway Place.' (Or was it distant land? I can't really check right now, sorry. It just says something like that.) So, my question is this: Did I just get my first HG/SS Pokemon?

- Tyros

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Posted this question in the wrong thread previously. My bad. XD;

So, okay. I just got a Japanese Ditto from a person on the GTS, and it's level 10. I know that doesn't happen in DPP, and the tag of where it's from says 'From a Faraway Place.' (Or was it distant land? I can't really check right now, sorry. It just says something like that.) So, my question is this: Did I just get my first HG/SS Pokemon?

- Tyros
    Well, I can't say for sure since I'm not there yet, but it appeared on Route 34 at level 10 in GSC and it appears on Route 34 once again, so it's definitely likely. Only if it says Faraway Place, though, if it says Distant Land, it's hacked.

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
    Years
  • heey
    i've a question: how did you can customize the safari zone?
    they say on serebii that you caught a geodude and let him see to boaba or something but who's boaba?

You have to capture a geodude INSIDE the safari zone, not out in the wild anywhere else and show it to the man in the brown suit inside the safari zone building. I just did so, so now i'm waiting for him to call me

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    what are the answers for the oldman who gives you a dratini with exstreemspeed, i want it with exstreem speed

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Go east of Ecruteak Town through the gate towards Mahogany. Before you have even gone a dozen steps or so a Hiker will appear out of a cave and bump into you, and give you Strength.

FML! wow I am so lame like that, thats what he gives me, I always wonder what he gave me >_>, thanks

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
  • Two questions,

1; Where are the photos that the bald guy takes of you and your team stored?
    2; Where is the exp share?

Thanks. XD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Do you need flash in Dark cave? Is it a HM?
    Yes you do and no it isnt its a normal move like in d/p/pt! but i dont know where to find it i forgot XD i think someone gives it to you because i cant remember picking it up!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Two questions,

1; Where are the photos that the bald guy takes of you and your team stored?
    2; Where is the exp share?

Thanks. XD
    1. In the main menu somewhere xD
    2. Exchange it for a Red Scale with Mr. Pokemon

Do you need flash in Dark cave? Is it a HM?
    Flash is TM70. Ya can have it from the Sprout Tower's Elder or buy it in Goldenrod Mart

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back