• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    with enough luck, theyyll include ALL TAH REGIONS!!!!

if they do, it would be better to have each pokemon stay in its original region, to make things less confusing

(ie, Pidgey only in Kanto, Hoothoot only in Johto, taillow only in Hoenn, etc)

I don't think they will include all of the regions. Remember, this is only a remake.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    I hope they take out Money for Mom. It was so annoying.

I would like to see better gym leaders. I remember fighting Falkner with his level seven Pidgey v.v

Years
    This is my guess...
    D/P
    Japan: September 28th, 2006
    America: April 22nd, 2007

Platinum
    Japan: September 13th, 2008
    America: March 22nd, 2009

HG/SS
    Japan: 20th September, 2009
    America: February 21st, 2010

As you can see, the US release date from D/P to Platinum was a month less.
    So Maybe HGSS will be released in (America) February.

That would be so awesome as to my birthday is 3 days later. :D (Feb. 24th.)

I'm just happy that Nintendo is actually taking the time to make these games. And with the expectations, be realistic. They're not going to make it have four regions. I'm sorry, but that is way too much. Two is good enough. (That's why there is trading between RSE and FRLG, and migrating in DPP.) Besides, it's like your character got a makeover. You can name every trainer you play as the same name, and it will just be with a different id number.

(I love that clip of New Bark Town. <3 Chikorita is adorable... I wish I could play that game already, but I'll (try to) wait...patiently...)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    On the flip side, I hope they keep it in. But going by memory, I believe you didn't have to give her any money - she asked if you wanted to send her money or not, and I believe you could toggle that feature off. Possibly this would be the case again, if it returns.

I wonder if we'll ever see the protagonist's dad? Most Pokemon game protagonists seem to be missing one...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I loved the money for mom feature and the useless items she bought. They were of minimal use and the price wasn't too steep so yeah. For this day and age though imagine having saved up like 999,999Pokedollars and having 999,999Pokedollars. The villa would be so easy to complete. XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I loved the money for mom feature and the useless items she bought. They were of minimal use and the price wasn't too steep so yeah. For this day and age though imagine having saved up like 999,999Pokedollars and having 999,999Pokedollars. The villa would be so easy to complete. XD
    yeah - another feature I liked. Including the fact that she bought stuff that you could use to decorate your room with. (Giant Snorlax/Lapras doll FTW). I wonder if that feature stays in? Would be grand - but I don't mind the room going so much if it was in favour for a secret base or something like that. =D

And...I actually recall maxing out my money both ways. 2 Pokedollars short of being a multi-millionaire in Johto/Kanto. XD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    yeah - another feature I liked. Including the fact that she bought stuff that you could use to decorate your room with. (Giant Snorlax/Lapras doll FTW). I wonder if that feature stays in? Would be grand - but I don't mind the room going so much if it was in favour for a secret base or something like that. =D

And...I actually recall maxing out my money both ways. 2 Pokedollars short of being a multi-millionaire in Johto/Kanto. XD
    Oh yeah I loved that. I was all what to buy what to buy...and I actually remember me going hey I wonder were mister slowpoke tail guy went. I finally have 2 million Pokedollars!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    The thing I most want to see return is different pokemon sprites for the separate versions (I.E Heart gold has one selction and Soul Silver has another selection) as after finding out about these new remakes I went onto my Pokemon Silver (after not playing it for years) and remembered that Gold's Poke sprites were different to Silver's e.g Gold's Ratatta was in an attacking postion whilst Silver's seemed more relaxed being stood on it's hind legs, this is what I want to see returned as when I first had Silver and my mate had gold it was cool comparing pokedex's and the pics there in.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    I don't think that any needed moves (ie whirlpool) could be tms as this could lead to the player getting trapped. I mean, what would happen if a player replaced Dive whilst underwater?! (Flash is different, it doesn't impede your progress, just makes it near impossible).
    Another thing to do with TMs/HMs is rock smash. In the originals it was just a TM, with like, one use in the entire games. Seeing as FR/LG included it as an HM, I reckon it will be upgraded to HM and more puzzles will involve it. Which is a shame, as it's a terrible move.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years

Are you kidding? Now that you lose money for losing fights, she has a purpose. Plus she's the only mother that actually HELPS you outside of your house.

I would like to see better gym leaders. I remember fighting Falkner with his level seven Pidgey v.v

That was lol worthy back then.

Years
    Umm, I didn't bother reading the WHOLE thread, but do any of you think that Nintendo should remove the EV and IV stuff? I mean it's giving most people headaches battling the right pokemon for certain EVs, so why bother when we have Natures? :o Excuse me if you think this post is dumb. :\

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I think most of the features introduced in Gen3 is stupid, but its still here and I doubt they'd change it now. Plus removing natures would prolly encourage more EV/IV BS.

Years
    I think most of the features introduced in Gen3 is stupid, but its still here and I doubt they'd change it now. Plus removing natures would prolly encourage more EV/IV BS.
    Umm, I was talking about whether Nintendo should remove EVs and IVs, not remove Natures. Natures would make things much easier, since certain natures boost certain stats.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I highly doubt they would remove EV/IV...By the way, EVs/IVs were not part of RBY, sorry. I believe it started in 2nd Generation games, meaning they would most likely keep it in the remake regardless of whether it was made in the older versions or not.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Umm, I didn't bother reading the WHOLE thread, but do any of you think that Nintendo should remove the EV and IV stuff? I mean it's giving most people headaches battling the right pokemon for certain EVs, so why bother when we have Natures? :o Excuse me if you think this post is dumb. :\

I apologize, but to put it bluntly, there is a greater chance of Nintendo removing Wi-Fi access from these games than there is the removal of Effort and Individual Values. Even putting aside the obvious compatibility issues that there would be with the entirety of the 3rd and 4th Generations, EV training is too popular among competitive battlers for Nintendo or Gamefreak to remove it and risk alienating a fair amount of their customers. It is not going to happen, especially not in remakes that are not even a new Generation.

Besides, these were still part of the original Gold and Silver, so there is no chance that Nintendo/Gamefreak is going to remove a feature from the remakes when it was introduced in the originals.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I noticed something interesting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasakani_no_magatama
    I love little things like this. What? Oh yeah uh Lugia kinda looks like that thing. And since the game is SOULSilver it kinda makes sense. Too bad the west never gets this kinda thing.

It would only be natural to see influences of Japanese culture in games that are first created in Japan, between Sprout Tower, the Legendary Beasts themselves, and whatever else I am not remembering right now. However... Sorry, but I am really not seeing the connection in appearance here. It might be similar to one of Lugia's classic sprites, but that would only be because of that specific pose.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I think these will come out in November for Japan, since its been 10 years since they first came out there, November 21, 1999.
    Interesting fact, Australia got G/S before North America and Europe.

(I was reading Wikipedia)

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    I'd like for Game Freak to fix up their story boo boo.

Silly Oak, there IS no white rock in Kanto. >:/

Back