• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I apologize, but to put it bluntly, there is a greater chance of Nintendo removing Wi-Fi access from these games than there is the removal of Effort and Individual Values. Even putting aside the obvious compatibility issues that there would be with the entirety of the 3rd and 4th Generations, EV training is too popular among competitive battlers for Nintendo or Gamefreak to remove it and risk alienating a fair amount of their customers. It is not going to happen, especially not in remakes that are not even a new Generation.

Besides, these were still part of the original Gold and Silver, so there is no chance that Nintendo/Gamefreak is going to remove a feature from the remakes when it was introduced in the originals.

That pretty much sums it up.
    Most official tournament players use EV/IV training/breeding too.

Years
    What will happen to the starter when it evolves? I mean, will the evolved form follow you around? Becuase in yellow, I dont think that the pikachu that followed you around ever evolved.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    What will happen to the starter when it evolves? I mean, will the evolved form follow you around? Becuase in yellow, I dont think that the pikachu that followed you around ever evolved.
    Nope it did not. And I doubt the starter will have evolution restrictions. Honestly I do not mind if I have a Typhlosion or a Meganium running behind me .It shows how far you progressed and that your journey is also an experience watching your Pokemon grow along with you. I did not mention Feraligatr cause I doubt it would look coo with the running shoes running. Typhlosion though will look awesome as well as Meganium.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Formes are quite annoying in my opinion, since the good ones take away the chance of you holding an item while still being transformed. I honestly hope there are no new formes in this game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I hope they don't make another forme. Personally, I didn't see the point of making formes for the other three. Awh Shaymin is cutee. (:

Aliandro Operator

The Operator
    Years
    In Yellow, you could evolve your Pickachu by trading it and using a Thunder Stone. But when traded back, it won't follow you anymore. I hope the same doesn't happen in GSDS. It WOULD be nice and just as Todokori stated, it would reflect the journey itself. I hope they still follow you around the whole game even after evoloving. If not.. Thats one less PokeSlot for me. I'd trade a Cyndaquil or something and raise that one and keep the original just there following me around. Kinda idiotic but I like the idea of the starter following me round.

Question, [qoute]ormes are quite annoying in my opinion, since the good ones take away the chance of you holding an item while still being transformed. I honestly hope there are no new formes in this game.[/qoute] ???
    I dont have Platnium so I don't know whatcha talkin bout.

The Operator.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    I just realized something. What about the guy in vermillion with the machop who is building something? Maybe that will finally be built in this game? Battle Tower/GTS anyone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    In Platinum, there's a way to change the form of Shaymin (from Land Form to Sky Form) and Rotom's form. It's better explained here.

I still doubt that the starter will follow you throughout the entire game. Pikachu's tiny, a one-foot critter. Also, Yellow was based on the anime. The final stage of evolution for the Johto starters are big (Feraligatr is six feet huge, which is around two feet taller than the player, if one rounds.), and not all trainers have their starter follow them. So I still stand by what I've been saying for the past few days: the starter follows you up to the Mr. Pokemon/first rival battle event because it isn't technically the player's yet.

I mean it's giving most people headaches battling the right pokemon for certain EVs, so why bother when we have Natures?
    Unfortunately, EVs/IVs aren't going away. You can just not use them for your Pokemon (but have fun in competitive battles) and let those that like EVs/IVs use them. And as others have said, they've been in the games for years.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I just realized something. What about the guy in viridian with the machop who is building something? Maybe that will finally be built in this game? Battle Tower/GTS anyone?
    Actually it is Vermillion...
    Also yeah, it could be a BT or GTS, we don't know yet... xD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I still doubt that the starter will follow you throughout the entire game. Pikachu's tiny, a one-foot critter. Also, Yellow was based on the anime. The final stage of evolution for the Johto starters are big (Feraligatr is six feet huge, which is around two feet taller than the player, if one rounds.), and not all trainers have their starter follow them. So I still stand by what I've been saying for the past few days: the starter follows you up to the Mr. Pokemon/first rival battle event because it isn't technically the player's yet.
    Feraligatr is the only one i have trouble picturing. Otherwise I can see the other 2 running behind you with the running shoes.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Because some people don't like to have another sprite traveling behind them. That's reason enough for me to understand why people wouldn't like that feature in the game. :/

Back