• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Shouldn't this topic be named "HeartGold/SoulSilver Wishlist" instead?

Anyways, the dawn/morning/dusk/night and all these time is dependent on tilesets, so it can be easily redesigned with a lighter/darker colour.

The Red Chain

Shouldn't this topic be named "HeartGold/SoulSilver Wishlist" instead?

Anyways, the dawn/morning/dusk/night and all these time is dependent on tilesets, so it can be easily redesigned with a lighter/darker colour.

Nah, that's what this topic is for, though it is pretty vague.

I doubt anyone wants lighter tiles since DS Lite and DSi are already blinding enough, but darker tiles may be a fine option.

I wouldn't expect lighter tiles, plus the latest scans from CoroCoro proved that the coloration of the tiles haven't changed much either.

I think >Feeling< means the tile colors for the different times of day.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't expect lighter tiles, plus the latest scans from CoroCoro proved that the coloration of the tiles haven't changed much either.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If they do happen to lighten up the tiles, then I guess we'd have to see how they would actually look. I would prefer the tiles to be a bit darker though.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't say they'll make it brighter, and I wouldn't say they'll make it darker...Just around the same brightness as DPPt is what they might more than likely stick with. Plus the DS has 4 versions of brightness to to the screen, so that contributes to the look as well.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't say they'll make it brighter, and I wouldn't say they'll make it darker...Just around the same brightness as DPPt is what they might more than likely stick with. Plus the DS has 4 versions of brightness to to the screen, so that contributes to the look as well.

I think that's most likely it. I do hope they keep the brightness of the tiles the way it is in DPPT.

Years
  • I don't understand why everyones so bothered about how bright/dark it is during the day/night or whatever. as long as its dark at night and light during the day i'm fine
    we've even got a clock so we KNOW if its night or not

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree, and if they follow the DPPt Day and Night effect then I say all the better for the games as well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Anyway the orginal GSC was the sequel of RGB right?
    So does that mean, there's a possibility that Hg/Ss will be sequel of Fr/Lg?
    Then what will be Janine's "real name"? Charine or Janine?(In Fr/Lg Janine was called Charine for some reason...)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Janine? Who's that, because I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

Anyway, I never thought about HeartGold and SoulSilver being a partial sequel to FRLG.

Years
  • Janine? Who's that, because I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

Anyway, I never thought about HeartGold and SoulSilver being a partial sequel to FRLG.

Janine was Koga's Daughter/apprentice (delete as applicable) that replaced him as Fuscia City Gym leader after Koga left for the johto elite 4.

and GCS were sequels to RBY, just 2 (?) years later.
    i'm a bit sketchy on the deets, aha.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Oh yes, now I remember who she was, and I'm hopfully they'll still follow those lines between Koga and Janine like it was originally in GSC.

Oh yeah, GSC was placed 3 years after RBY by the way.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
  • I know the Elite 4 was pretty weak in GSC so I'm thinking they should make it like FR/LG where after Kanto is cleared we hsould get a new E4. Hope they music is better than the original.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    A new Elite Four or the Elite Four revamped with newer Gen Pokémon, which one are you really referring to?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I wonder if Red will be revamped, or even if there will be more of these other games heroes, such as the Ruby character. It would be kinda cool, in a way, if they had the corresponding games team but extremely powerful.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well the new female is said to have a supporting role, which wasn't done before in teh original games. Also, Red remains a mystery for now.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing Red right now isn't sure of, as we haven't gotten that much information on the game as yet.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    im wondering how theyre gonna set up the trading system...
    if u guys remember to trade from GSC to RBY or vice versa, u needed to use the past/future trading system...
    and if they do keep this, where does RSE and DPP fit into the timeline??? obviously after RBY but still...

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Is Red that guy you fight at Mt.Silver? I never knew his name was Red. xD I hope he makes a return it was fun fighting him, though I don't remember if I have ever beat him before. If they do keep him I hope they raise his levels every time we fight him.

Back