• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • i wonder if they will let you go to the sevii or orange islands?
    Sevii - maybe, but Orange Islands won't happen, as they unlike the Sevii Islands (made by Game Freak well after the Orange Islands - if they wanted islands [and they did], they didn't want the Orange ones) came from the anime, for filler episodes in-between the Kanto and Johto seasons. Made up by a different company and all altogether - and it's just one of the various places shown in the anime that doesn't appear in the games.

After all, the anime is based off of the the games, rather than the other way around, bar the few things way back in Yellow which was done to ride off the huge success the anime had back then.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It does seem to be trying to make a connection with all the legendary pokemon since as we already know you have the opportunity to obtain any version mascot so far.

If the give he overworld Pokemon shiny appearances, they would probably do the same for the sprites in the party screen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hmmm...
    If you take a look at the new Johto map, you'll see that the area where the Battle Tower was in Crystal is blocked by clouds. This is exactly what they did with the battle frontier on the Platinum map and almost certainly indicates that they're adding something new to the Tower.

Also in-game cutscenes revolving around the legendaries are confirmed. Take a look at the last two pics on Serebii:https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • Kanto and Hoenn Starters

It looks like they are trying to forget about the GBA Pokemon games meaning that the Kanto and Hoenn starters will not be obtainable without GBA games.

Do you guys and gals reckon we will be able to get them in HG/SS?

-jrdn-

Prodigy of New Bark Town
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    How do you figure they're trying to "forget" GBA games?

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
    Years
  • It looks like they are trying to forget about the GBA Pokemon games meaning that the Kanto and Hoenn starters will not be obtainable without GBA games.

Do you guys and gals reckon we will be able to get them in HG/SS?

Well, it seems like Nintendo are using HG and SS to bring back lots of Pokemon, new and old. You can obtain Groundon in SS and Kyogre in HG, and if you get both you get Rayquaza.

Maybe there will be and event if you get all 3 Johto starters you get a Hoenn one. ;) Only time will tell.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    The cafe at Olivine City could be a kind of Top Trainer Cafe. I liked the idea of having a place to fight the gym leaders.

I also think that unobatainable Pokémons like genIII legends and starters will be caught on this games. Kyogre Groudon Rayquaza are confirmed, plus a Jirachi event is also confirmed.
    The starters may be caught as of the Johto were on Emerald, after completing the Johto Dex. (Note that you need the Kanto starters to complete the Johto Dex)

Also I think that the Red Gyarados will be able to be caught because as Cynthia and Jasmine are on Johto (to buy the potion, and to be the gym leader, respectively) it makes me think that this is a bit earlier than DPPt. As of, it was before the TV news about Gyarados.
    It wouldn't also surprise me that a new temporary gym leader would replace Jasmine (she has a sister, doesn't she)?

Years
  • Um Libbygoat, is your entire purpose in this thread to refute other people's ideas?

Anyway I've always thought it would be cool to be able to choose your music during multiplayer; so that you didn't always have to listen to that stupid trainer theme.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • What the heck? I'm not refuting anything, I'm correcting mistakes people have made. I'd rather be blunt than unrealistic. Even though I'm not being mean at all. So, just because it hurts your feelings somehow, I'm supposed to say, "OMG, YOU'RE SO RIGHT, MAN! THE RED GYARADOS SURE WASN'T AVAILABLE IN TH'ORIGINALS! NO WAY! YEAH, FO' SHO!

How it's wrong to spread the knowledge, I don't know. Please enlighten me. Oh, wait, no. Don't enlighten me. That'd be refuting my ideas.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2013
    I think that there should be an extra boss character - the new face of Giovanni! Because, you know, I kinda missed him in GSC. He's a fun guy to beat.

He should appear in Mt. Mortar as a side quest after you've collected the eighth badge. He'll be shocked that Team Rocket has regrouped and redisbanded during his absence. ^_^

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    After all, the anime is based off of the the games, rather than the other way around, bar the few things way back in Yellow which was done to ride off the huge success the anime had back then.
    The anime came first! 1st! epsiode 1 of Pokemon was made before the games

well, the Johto dex ins't going to be the 251 pokes because of....
    Mew, Mewtwo, Molres, Zapdos, Aratcanno,
    Bulba, Charmander, Squitle
    Kaptos, Omastar
    unless they somehow make it your able to see/caught these pokes which is not going to happen

Groundon Kyore Razzary! Hoean Legends why are they in this game
    well my thorey...

Hreat Gold 3 yrs after Fire Red and Ruby
    Soul Sliver 3 yrs after Leaf Green and Sapprire
    in Pokemon Ruby, you couldn't cacth Koyre
    why because it is in Kanto/Johto
    in Pokemon Sapprie, you couldn't cacth Groundon
    why because it is in Kanto/Johto

Thats Why!

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Do you guys reckon that area west of Cianwood could be a Battle Frontier?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Include the Sevii Islands

Personally I'd like them to have the Sevii Islands, Cerulean Cave (Like In FireRed and LeafGreen) also other new areas like the Frontier and A Desert, They should have a special area with the 3 Legendary birds and also Uxie Azelf and Mesprit these would be a brilliant addition I feel and would also enhance the games story, also just like MD Explorers of Time and Darkness they should have several alternate stories for instance like the one with FireRed and LeafGreen they should add the change in Pokemon that the Elite4 have once you have won the Johto League they should introduce more pokemon for instance ones from the Hoenn and Sinnoh Region they should have corresponding Legends from the 3rd and 4th Generations making it more interesting for instance a story with Dialga in SoulSilver and Palkia in HeartGold they're should also be the to catch Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus and various other legends too whether they're via Wireless Communication or Cheat System also like in DP&Pt they should have the Poketch Application so you can locate the legendary dogs because in the GB/C/A versions I was fustrated at the chances of encountering the Dogs based on the fact that I found no way of locking the on the Map.

I also feel that after these series whether it's straight away or after a possible Crystal Remake they should create the penultimate game I don't mind what the name is but with the 4 generations and also a brand new 5th generation totalling up to 600+ pokemon hopefully on the DS not DSi but with extra features with for instance the ability to take a picture for your trainer card. Also they should have more legendary pokemon and Dozens of different stories for instance new teams (i.e. like Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic and Possibly 2 more following the Sequence from (1 TR), (2 M&A), (1 G) & (2 5th Generation).

Have I got good suggestions or what let me know what you think because I'm thinking of contacting Nintendo.

Back