• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
Years
  • HG/SS Underground?

Do you think there will be an underground? I have an idea that maybe, instead of the explorer kit, you can access it from a new part of the udnerground space unerneath the Goldernrod radio tower, and maybe you can exchange spheres and whatever at a little shop outside the enterance. Maybe? Discuss ^^

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • I really believe that there will be an Underground, because if there wasn't what would be the purpose of these....

HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    i thought that was a fench just for show next to the staircase, i dont think there will be an underground in HG/SS since the vents in DPPt looked different than those, they were much wider and grey in color and wen you tried to interact with one it would try to connect to wifi, i dont think you would try to interact with that, its too small, the one in DPPt was as big as the hero, so no those are not underground vents, they are either a fence or a set of lanterns put there for show.As well the vents didnt appear in DPPt untill the 4 or 5 th toen u reached (cant remember the name) so i dont think if there was an underground, they would put vents in the 1st town, it would be nonsense

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • Likely there wouldn't be, sure it would be cool but I doubt Nintendo would do that. They would have said something like THAT by now, don't you think?

Finnel

Years
  • I won't mind if there won't be one, but it'd be really nice if there was one. The Underground was one of the few things I liked when I played Pearl, I could stay down there for hours...

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I didn't really go underground but still many people liked it so i have to agree with what KingOfJokers said.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I'm sure they'll have secret bases - they are a very popular feature. It's much easier for them to add an underground than try to rebuild holes into all the routes (hoenn-style.)

That said, if they do bring back the underground I would like for them to fix it up a bit. The one we have now is almost useless without any friends to play with. It feels eerily empty aswell...

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Character Designs

Just a note to people, there has not been any confirmation about Character designing but can anybody confirm it please because i'm really excited to see if this feature will be a extra to include into the game?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • You curved it to your own topic like you want it to be in. The only shop in goldenrod is the mart which is a big building with 5 floors. I doubt clothing will ever appear in a game and it certainly won't in this game.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • i thought that was a fench just for show next to the staircase, i dont think there will be an underground in HG/SS since the vents in DPPt looked different than those, they were much wider and grey in color and wen you tried to interact with one it would try to connect to wifi, i dont think you would try to interact with that, its too small, the one in DPPt was as big as the hero, so no those are not underground vents, they are either a fence or a set of lanterns put there for show.As well the vents didnt appear in DPPt untill the 4 or 5 th toen u reached (cant remember the name) so i dont think if there was an underground, they would put vents in the 1st town, it would be nonsense

Yeach, except for the undying fact that Johto doesn't have to mimick what they did in Sinnoh. It's my personal opinion that Johto was abetter region than Sinnoh. It's my favourite region, the one I grew up with.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged speculation topic on the Underground here. Also that thread speculating on Character custom designs. (Which I doubt will happen in this game, given the fact the characters we got have a set look already and all...)

IDK... I'd like to see the underground, but I'd think it more likely if we get a screenshot showing more of those 'pipes'...

Last edited:

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Wrong. Pokémon! I Choose You! aired on April 1st 1997, while Pokémon Red and Green Versions were released on February 27th 1996.

I typed MADE!! not aired.......on the T.V

well, the Johto dex ins't going to be the 251 pokes because of....
    Mew, Mewtwo, Molres, Zapdos, Aratcanno,
    Bulba, Charmander, Squitle
    Kaptos, Omastar
    unless they somehow make it your able to see/caught these pokes which is not going to happen

Groundon Kyore Razzary! Hoean Legends why are they in this game
    well my thorey...

Hreat Gold 3 yrs after Fire Red and Ruby
    Soul Sliver 3 yrs after Leaf Green and Sapprire
    in Pokemon Ruby, you couldn't cacth Koyre
    why because it is in Kanto/Johto
    in Pokemon Sapprie, you couldn't cacth Groundon

Thats Why!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I typed MADE!! not aired.......on the T.V
    well, the Johto dex ins't going to be the 251 pokes because of....
    Mew, Mewtwo, Molres, Zapdos, Aratcanno,
    Bulba, Charmander, Squitle
    Kaptos, Omastar
    unless they somehow make it your able to see/caught these pokes which is not going to happen

Groundon Kyore Razzary! Hoean Legends why are they in this game
    well my thorey...

Hreat Gold 3 yrs after Fire Red and Ruby
    Soul Sliver 3 yrs after Leaf Green and Sapprire
    in Pokemon Ruby, you couldn't cacth Koyre
    in Pokemon Sapprie, you couldn't cacth Groundon

Thats Why!

The PokéDex will be consisted of the first 251 Pokémon. The screenshot of the new Dex already proves this. Also, for your statement on how seeing the Pokémon the new PokéDex isn't likely to happen, could actually happen. The reason why is because it was done in DPPt, and I would expect it to happen here as well. This way people will be able to trade with DPPt faster and complete their PokéDex at their own pace through the game.

By the way, we can still obtain the three Kanto birds as they are available in Platinum. As for the fossils, we can also obtain those underground in DPPt, and if there is an underground in the remakes, then they'll probably be placed there as well.

However, RSE all ran at the same timeline, the only reason why each legendary was different in each game was because they were held exclusively for each game. Kanto and Hoenn both ran three years before the events of Johto and Sinnoh. So, these Hoenn legendaries could possibly be new ones rather than the same exact ones from RSE. It has already been faltered how only one legendary exists for each, so why not continue now.

As for the underground statement, there is a possibility of one making a return. I mean the blue vents don't really resemble light posts, like the gray poll a little farther behind them. Though, we may need to look out for more of the blue vents to confirm this, and maybe it'll give us a good sign. I wouldn't give up hope on this idea, but I wouldn't go too high with it either.

For clothes design, we've already gotten a set character so I don't see it coming here. It's possible for later generation games, but not in this remake.

Last edited:
    Back