• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    I am pretty sure we will be able to. It was probably the biggest event over in the Kanto Region and I doubt they would take out something to crucial, that is maybe if they put in an Elite 4 instead. And if they did that in the Kanto, maybe Red or "Ash" will be the champion you will have to fight at the end. That would be pretty interesting.

Maybe it will be a double battle with Red and Leaf.

Pikachu3828

Webmaster of The Pika Club
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    Will the games include Crystal's improvements?

So the games are remakes of Gold/Silver but I'm wondering if they'll include the changes Crystal made. We already know that a female trainer is available though that was available in FR/LG too and not really indicative of Crystal, especially since it's a different design. The same can be said for animated sprites.

But what about stuff like Suicine's back story and Unown's prominence? From what we know of Unown/Arceus it looks like they have a role to play. Goldenrod Pokémon Centre was another big improvement but that's kind of redundant now. The other big inclusion was a battle tower.

What do you think? We're probably not going to see a Crystal remake, so how true do you think HG/SS will stay to G/S and how much do you think Crystal will influence the new games?

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    To be honest, quite alot due to the success of animated sprites and such and many people asked for more with that so. :)

Vaati227

master of the Darkwind
    Years
    from what it looks like, HG/SS will have their own original improvements that weren't even in the original 3 games.

sooo... I think not.
    And I have yet to see a zap yellow version to go along with FR/LG so I'd say the same for chances of a crystal remake.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Likely, They'd come back. The girl may be different, but I have a feeling they'll at least add the sprites. However, Ho-Oh/Lugia will likely take up the spotlight once held by Suicune. I can see more Unown lore, though.
    I miss the Buena show.... :<

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    its remakes of gold and silver, not crystal, so probably no suicune back story. but hopefully the gs ball/celebi event will be included!

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
    I would like it to concentrate on the dogs a bit more,not just Suicine ,they were very interesting and i can't wait to see their sprite's .

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I would like it to concentrate on the dogs a bit more,not just Suicine ,they were very interesting and i can't wait to see their sprite's .

Ya, a the moment Arceus and Pichu seem to be hogging the spot light. I hope we hear more about Suicune and the others soon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    There may be a few elements from Crystal but I believe it will be moreso like Gold/Silver.

Mecha-Pikachu

FACT:i herd u leik mudkipz
    Years
    Serrebi Says it's not only Starters see the Pre-Release Section there's a Picture of Wobbufet following Gold like in Amity Square a Pokemon can find Items
    So The Following Pokemon Thingy maybe based on the Amity Square System...
    and the pokemon are from Pokedex number 1to 493

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I don't think they'd make it a double battle since most "important" battles in the game are single battles. Maybe Leaf will challenge you before or something. Or if the Sevii Islands make a comeback (or there's another new area that wasn't in GSC), she could be there and fight you.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    The story will probably improved from GS, but I doubt that any of the story of Crystal will make its way into these games.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    Well now that the events have been revealed, I'm guessing they'll start to reveal stuff about Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, and maybe Jirachi.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    in short, I sure hope so. Crystal had some of the best additions to any generation (especially the Suicune backstory).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged speculation topic on whether some features from Crystal will be in or not with the Speculation thread, hum de dum...

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    It would be awesome that in this screen:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

it said: "Play original Gold/Silver game" (depending if it is HG or SS).
    Just like in other games like Metroid Zero that you can play the original Metroid.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It would be awesome that in this screen:
    Spoiler:

it said: "Play original Gold/Silver game" (depending if it is HG or SS).
    Just like in other games like Metroid Zero that you can play the original Metroid.

That is a neat idea, however with the Pokémon games being such a large memory space, it'll take a lot more than a single DS cartridge to hold all of that information. I guess this is when your old GB Color or GBA and original GSC games would come in handy though.

Anyway, as for some Crystal features following the new remakes. I would say it is possible as far as different Pokémon locations and in-game differences. Not to mention we have basic confirmation of the Battle Tower [for the least] being within the remakes, so that is another reference to Crystal being partially included. However, I don't think the storyline of Crystal may be implemented within the games. This will basically change the overall meaning of the games being a Gold and Silver remake, and more like a Crystal remake. So, only a few features and changes may be put into HeartGold and SoulSilver, but I wouldn't say large storyline portions or such things may be too heavily included.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Not really, the original games are like 900 KB each. :3
    So it wouldn't use a lot of space. =)

Back