• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
  • Maybe in the next generation, but not in this remake.
    I want to relive the adventure as Gold, not some random bloke
    Agreed with this post.
    Having a random character and a Adventure in a Gold/Silver/Crystal Remake then it won't feel the same. But I guess Soul is partially close of being customized considering that she's going to be the new Heroine taking place of Kris.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • You can customize the PokeBalls, its called "seals", I'm pretty sure they'll return. But yeah that sounds cool, but it souldn't just be for wi-fi., why not customize your avatar aswell?

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
  • I think we should have te main characters in the game,but in the wi-fi,union room and things with wireless,it would be a great idea to customize your character

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    You can customize the PokeBalls, its called "seals", I'm pretty sure they'll return. But yeah that sounds cool, but it souldn't just be for wi-fi., why not customize your avatar aswell?
    Yes it would definatley add something new to the game.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merging with the Speculation thread.

I'll say that it's probably unlikely for this to happen, though, seeing that more than likely GameFreak will stick to the same system of having your 'avatar' (what you look like when you go into WiFi) be based on your Trainer number and a choice out of the few matching options from that. It certainly won't happen for the in-game adventure though, that's for sure. Might be a neat idea, but I don't really see it actually happening. (Nor necessaryily all that well for the handheld games either, tbh...)

At any rate, PBR (made by a different company, mind) already has a customisable trainer feature going.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I hop you can edit your character e.g. Height, hair style, body tone, skin tone etc. just to give pokemon battles via wifi and on the normal games a bit of uniqueness, you should be able to buy clothes for him/her personalize your pokeballs etc. etc. the possibilitys are endless and I really think that this would attract alot more people to the pokemon games and would actualy be a really good selling point for nintendo. Tell me what you think.

The idea overall is pretty nice, but like said before, I don't see it happening with a set character already developed in the game for us. More so, I really don't think any of the RPGs to come may include this feature besides choosing your character of choice when entering a Wi-Fi zone. It is a more complex idea to input into the games such as HGSS compared to something such as a Wii game like PBR.

However, we will see what happens in the long run, but as for HeartGold and SoulSilver, it is already known that this feature of personal customization to your character won't be included knowing we have Gold or Soul to choose as our game 'avatar.'

PrismoStar

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • I just hope the game will be as amazing to play again as it was in my grade school days.
    G/S was and still is my favorite Pokemon game, and I am FREAKING PSYCHED for HG/SS :D

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I hop you can edit your character e.g. Height, hair style, body tone, skin tone etc. just to give pokemon battles via wifi and on the normal games a bit of uniqueness, you should be able to buy clothes for him/her personalize your pokeballs etc. etc. the possibilitys are endless and I really think that this would attract alot more people to the pokemon games and would actualy be a really good selling point for nintendo. Tell me what you think.

I think it will be good in the next generation.

Btw is there any speculation thread about the next Gen.? [If there's going to be one?]

Brainstorm

I'm not smart; I'm random.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    For one thing, I hope that the overall level of the Pokemon you face in the game increases, such as that of the gym leaders, Elite Four, etc. The levels were WAY too low, the Champion's strongest Pokemon being level 50, lower than the Pokemon of some gym leaders in the 1st generation.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    ^
    I completely forgot about that whole situation even though it stood out back then. I think its a good Idea. We would run into him before we ever battle him.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Do you know what would make me love Nintendo/Game Freak forever?

Remember in GSC, where Misty was on a date at Cerulean Cape? Well, what if they had FrLg's Red be her date? (I know it was just a random npc last time, but I want FrLg's Red to take his place.) I know it would like never happen ever and there is like only a 1% chance that they could do that. (If they could replace Kris, they can definitely do this if they truly wanted.)

Does anyone actually like this idea?

(Don't scream at me for asking about a Pokeshipping thing. I just would think it would be cute and would make my day.)
    First, they didn't "forget" Kris, because she wasn't in GS and those are GS remakes. Even if they have a few Crystal features, it's just because Crystal was basically a same-generation remake with newer features.

And yeah, I hope this will happen, it could be the first (and only?) reference to Ash/Red and Misty being a couple, and that'd be fun cause she had the girl role in Pokemon when I was in my...earlier years?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • When I saw the new outfits for the Team Rocket Executives, I noticed a resemblance to Jessie and James' outfits.

I hope the gyms in Kanto get puzzles instead of being exactly the same as FrLg.

I'm happy with the new look of Pallet Town. The houses look nice. I noticed the trees there are different than the ones from Johto.

Yeah, they do have a bit of similarity now that you mention it. However, if the Team Rocket Executives only had them in white, and the 'R' be brought in with more red, then it'll definitely have a closer appearance to Jesse and Jame's outfit.

The gyms, looking back at the new Johto gyms, I would hope for a new design. FRLG made it very similar to the original RBGY, so a new look for it wouldn't bother me. I would actually enjoy the new puzzle-like interior for it, something new to liven up Kanto a bit.

Pallet Town basically looks the same, and the houses and Prof. Oak's lab look the same when compared to FRLG, except it was given more of a three dimensional look. I don't mind it because it is the least of my worries for the game. I'm just more so looking forward to seeing Kanto enlargened and given more compared to the originals.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • ^^ I would like to see that too... /randomly entered convo/ I wish Spring 2010 would come faster... I'm bored of Diamond and Pearl lol.

Speaking about the HeartGold and SoulSilver release, if you check GameStop's site and look up the games there you will notice that they say "Pre-order Ships April 1, 2010." So, the release date for the US version may be out on the 1st of April, but it hasn't been officially confirmed as yet. Meaning, the date can be altered over time, but if not, then we may have the release date for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Also, found out by linkinpark187 [a member here], that he has already pre-ordered his English copy from GameStop, so pre-ordering your US copy may already be available. I'll have to look into it though, maybe stop by the nearest GameStop locally and find out for you all.

Back