• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I really do hope they add more in to Kanto. After beating Johto on my old Silver game, I breezed through Kanto within a day if not less. Silver really stood out to me because 1) it was the second pokemon game I got and 2) I spent more time playing Silver than Yellow.

It took me 24 hours game time to beat yellow. It took me about three times as long for me to beat Silver.

But yeah, I agree that they need to step up the E4 and the Kanto gym leaders a bunch. I thought maybe Johto two gym leaders really needed to be at a higher level, but Johto was fairly difficult to me. Of course, this was back when I was 11 and I know a lot more about pokemon now. XD

Edit: WooT! You just made my day. ^_^ If that is the release date, that means it's going to be released 7 days before my 22nd b-day. ^_^ oh and as a side note, I plan on getting both so I have my main game and a side one to move things to my main one. :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Speaking about the HeartGold and SoulSilver release, if you check GameStop's site and look up the games there you will notice that they say "Pre-order Ships April 1, 2010." So, the release date for the US version may be out on the 1st of April, but it hasn't been officially confirmed as yet. Meaning, the date can be altered over time, but if not, then we may have the release date for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Also, found out by linkinpark187 [a member here], that he has already pre-ordered his English copy from GameStop, so pre-ordering your US copy may already be available. I'll have to look into it though, maybe stop by the nearest GameStop locally and find out for you all.
    Don't take much from that release date or believe it is real as of yet. Again, it's a generic date given out (amusedly on April Fools as well), and has not been confirmed whatsoever. Seems too soon as well after the Spring release date being...released - why would they bother giving the exact one right after making a trailer and all?

Only believe an actual release date when it's confirmed by Nintendo or Pokemon.com or so forth, or posted on places such as serebii.net. I'll also add that date there as been around for at least a week, and not a word from any actual source one should trust about it. For now... I wouldn't take April the 1st to be the release date - stick to Spring 2010 for now.

There's been no pre-order date released either... usually some shops take pre-orders anyway though. =/

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Don't take much from that release date or believe it is real as of yet. Again, it's a generic date given out (amusedly on April Fools as well), and has not been confirmed whatsoever. Seems too soon as well after the Spring release date being...released - why would they bother giving the exact one right after making a trailer and all?

Only believe an actual release date when it's confirmed by Nintendo or Pokemon.com or so forth, or posted on places such as serebii.net. I'll also add that date there as been around for at least a week, and not a word from any actual source one should trust about it. For now... I wouldn't take April the 1st to be the release date - stick to Spring 2010 for now.

There's been no pre-order date released either... usually some shops take pre-orders anyway though. =/

I get your point, and that is why I had mentioned when I posted that:

Speaking about the HeartGold and SoulSilver release, if you check GameStop's site and look up the games there you will notice that they say "Pre-order Ships April 1, 2010." So, the release date for the US version may be out on the 1st of April, but it hasn't been officially confirmed as yet. Meaning, the date can be altered over time, but if not, then we may have the release date for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

So not even I would fall for the release date being on the first as yet. Like you said it wasn't too long ago that we found out the game's season release will be Spring. So, to say it is confirmed would be too early. I would still give it a couple more months or so before we hear much more information on when the exact US release may be.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Was posting for others that may have jumped to conclusions, as people had already started to do all over the place because of those placeholder dates. Better safe than sorry. =)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Haha! Yes! I got someone to give a valid reason and explain to Kris fans why she's not in the game. (I know why, but no one listened when I said it. :P I just said "replaced" to get Kris fans to agree with my idea of Red and Misty.) (I'm happy that I don't have to play as Kris. The new character is like Leaf. Putting Kris in HGSS would be like putting Dawn in a remake of Ruby and Sapphire.

Thanks for agreeing with me. (I saw some Pokeshipping drawings on deviantart that were cute. Also, in Yellow version, Misty called Red "sweetie." They already have the Pokemon following idea from Yellow, but did more with it by making any Pokemon able to follow. I figured another idea from Yellow can be included.)

When I saw the new outfits for the Team Rocket Executives, I noticed a resemblance to Jessie and James' outfits.

I hope the gyms in Kanto get puzzles instead of being exactly the same as FrLg.

I'm happy with the new look of Pallet Town. The houses look nice. I noticed the trees there are different than the ones from Johto.
    Hehe no problem. Though as far as i'm aware, Ash/Red had never gone much beyond Pallet before he got his Pokemon, cause again, "it's dangerous to go to grass patches/forests/cave without a Pokemon", and so he probably never met Misty. So that was probably a developer's joke.
    Yet, we can hope :3

About the Rocket thing, i'm quite sure they had some James/Jessie-like couple in GSC, who really looked like them. They called them "Jess/Jamie" I think. They could implement Jessie/James, though. That thing with Jess/Jamie probably happened because they didn't have space to write "James/Jessie".

And I really don't see why revamped gyms won't appear in Kanto too. In a 256MB cartridge, with more time, experience, money, technology etc, pretty much anything could happen, and that looks very trivial.
    The first thing I kept thinking after I heard about those remakes was "omg Kanto revamped" because of those reasons, also because it's a DS and much more reasons aside of that (the cartridge can include 2 Platinums right now. And Platinum was a very heavy game. Imagine 2 regions like that, minus some features you don't need twice in the same game. There's a LOT of space).

Plus, do you guys think they pretty much finished making the game? I mean there are only...roughly 20 days left. That's really not a lot IMO.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Was posting for others that may have jumped to conclusions, as people had already started to do all over the place because of those placeholder dates. Better safe than sorry. =)

That's understanding. Currently, as much as I want the game to be released in the US and find out its release date for that matter, I'm still pretty psyched on all the information being brought in these last few weeks. Actually, the game's release for Japan is just about three weeks. This means a lot of speculations will be answered once places like Serebii, Bulbagarden, PokéBeach, etc. starts filling in on the game afterwards. =D

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Wouldn't it make sense for it to be release on a weekend like PLatinum was?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    Union Room

So i was wondering - do any of you guys think that the union room will feature in the new remakes. What are your opinions on this if it was to return.

My personal opinion i that if the union room reappears then direct person to person trading will allow pokemon that you can not capture in the games ro follow you instead of having to wait until the game is complete. I think it would be pretty awesome.

So ... opinions and thoughts please ....

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    i wonder if there will be a battle frontier in HG/SS
    I'm quite sure it was confirmed that it'll be included, and it'll be pretty much the same as in Pt. Though they did confirm many kinds of Pokemon races and minigames etc. That could be nice, too.
    Anyways, since Crystal, we always got some "Battle ???" I think (maybe excluding RS? Nah i'm pretty sure they had something too), so I guess they will put anything similar in.
    Edit: oh here it is: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191676

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I think the Union Room will be a lot like the improved one in Platinum. Every other game has allowed you to trade over Pokémon that don't yet exist in the regional Pokédex so it seems sensible. =)

For example I had a Chikorita in my Pearl game from a friend. The game had no problem with it, it just had no Pokédex numbering until I got the National Dex. I also believe they don't evolve until then.

I honestly don't believe they'll get rid of local trading/battling.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • About the Rocket thing, i'm quite sure they had some James/Jessie-like couple in GSC, who really looked like them. They called them "Jess/Jamie" I think. They could implement Jessie/James, though. That thing with Jess/Jamie probably happened because they didn't have space to write "James/Jessie".

I think you might be thinking of Shiny Gold, were Zel actually implemented that. That isn't to say that Jess and Jamie weren't in the the original GSC era, because I really can't remember.

But, I must agree that it would be nice if they implemented a duo like Jesse and James, it would be rather interesting to say the least bit.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I believe that's actually been confirmed. I'm hoping some Pokemon have different/earlier locations, such as Sneasel, Murkrow, Larvitar, and some others.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Does anyone know where the GTS might be located in the game?

Most likely Goldenrod City.
    I believe that according to translations, it has been confirmed to be in Goldenrod City. (Which fits in nicely with the additional tower one can see on that Johto map artwork).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You know, I'm still wondering if they fixed the level thing. I'm going to be really irked if it's not fixed. Also, I counted...and I hope I counted right, but 20 more days. Just. Twenty. More. Days.

Back