• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello from the UK!

Years
    Hi there,

I'm new here and thought i'd make a little thread saying hey. I've been a lurker here for some time and thought that this seemed like a great, friendly community, so finally plucked up the courage to make an account! :3

My name's Sophie; hence the username Soph3. I am 23, a student in the UK and obviously, a fan of Pokémon. Sadly I don't know many people in reality who play/watch/read Pokémon anymore, so figured here was a great place to come and chat to like-minded fans!

As far as hobbies go...I love gaming and collect retro Nintendo systems/games, ADORE art (if anyone is interested, I have a dA account with some Pokémon/other cartoony stuff on it, under the username sophiemai), i'm a huge Adventure Time/cartoon fan, am in my final year studying German and am a bit of a nerd, really!

I'm a little bit shy, but can't wait to explore this place properly. ^__^ Hope you're great!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Herroooo from Canada! And hi-fives go to you for all those courage points! It's absolutely wonderful to meet you, Sophie! Which btw, you have the same name as a close friend of mine, hehe, but still, it's also indeed nice to have you with us! Here in this forum, we're always talkin' about pokemon, from the Old School Generation of pokemon, from the current 6th gen pokemon! So yup, we have tons of fans here who are really friendly and amazing, and I'm sure that you'll fit right in with us to join in the fun with the rest of the PC family! <33

Welcome to the forums! Oh gods, I love collecting retro nintendo games too; recently I've collected a bunch of Fire Emblem games for the SNES and the NES, so, they're only in japanese, but it's nice to have them for collectors sake, y'know? I can't wait to get a SNES and some other retro games in the future; sooo many good ones, eek. Lovin' art myself! How long have you been drawing, or have been in tuned with art? I haven't been drawing or doig GFX art for long, but, it's still is amazing, haha. Adventure time is soooo wonderful; I haven't seen it in a while, but I adore it as well! I think Princess Raincorn has to be my fav character. C:

Mmm, just to show you around the forums, maybe you'll be interested in our Art & Design board for art showcase purposes! There are a lot of members who showcase their art in their own gallery, as well as create shops for making all sorts of artwork for other members! You can make a shop and gallery of your own too, and I'm sure everyone will enjoy it! There's also the Video Games board for discussion of video games, soo I hope we can discuss favourite games or systems sometime!

Anywho, yeaaah, it'll take sometime easing into the community, but know that you're not alone, dear! If you're looking for new buddies, you can sign me up! I think you're pretty friendly and awesome to have as a friend, so, maybe we can message each other here on VMs or PMs sometime? Or if you want, you can send on over a friend request and I'll gladly accept! Don't be shy on speaking with the memebrs who you have your eye on on getting to know them as well! <33

And take care! If yo have any questions, you can ask any of the staff members, like myself! I'll be happy to lend a helping hand! And I hope to see you again; have a wonderful time, and a great daaaay!~

Years
    Herroooo from Canada! And hi-fives go to you for all those courage points! It's absolutely wonderful to meet you, Sophie! Which btw, you have the same name as a close friend of mine, hehe, but still, it's also indeed nice to have you with us! Here in this forum, we're always talkin' about pokemon, from the Old School Generation of pokemon, from the current 6th gen pokemon! So yup, we have tons of fans here who are really friendly and amazing, and I'm sure that you'll fit right in with us to join in the fun with the rest of the PC family! <33

Welcome to the forums! Oh gods, I love collecting retro nintendo games too; recently I've collected a bunch of Fire Emblem games for the SNES and the NES, so, they're only in japanese, but it's nice to have them for collectors sake, y'know? I can't wait to get a SNES and some other retro games in the future; sooo many good ones, eek. Lovin' art myself! How long have you been drawing, or have been in tuned with art? I haven't been drawing or doig GFX art for long, but, it's still is amazing, haha. Adventure time is soooo wonderful; I haven't seen it in a while, but I adore it as well! I think Princess Raincorn has to be my fav character. C:

Mmm, just to show you around the forums, maybe you'll be interested in our Art & Design board for art showcase purposes! There are a lot of members who showcase their art in their own gallery, as well as create shops for making all sorts of artwork for other members! You can make a shop and gallery of your own too, and I'm sure everyone will enjoy it! There's also the Video Games board for discussion of video games, soo I hope we can discuss favourite games or systems sometime!

Anywho, yeaaah, it'll take sometime easing into the community, but know that you're not alone, dear! If you're looking for new buddies, you can sign me up! I think you're pretty friendly and awesome to have as a friend, so, maybe we can message each other here on VMs or PMs sometime? Or if you want, you can send on over a friend request and I'll gladly accept! Don't be shy on speaking with the memebrs who you have your eye on on getting to know them as well! <33

And take care! If yo have any questions, you can ask any of the staff members, like myself! I'll be happy to lend a helping hand! And I hope to see you again; have a wonderful time, and a great daaaay!~

Awh, hey there Dragon! Thank you so much for the lovely warm welcome ^__^ I have family who live over in Canada! Would love to go and visit them sometime. Hehe...I know a few other people with the same name as me, too! Yeeeah, it sounds flippin' great. :3 Gotta love old school AND new Pokemon.

Oh wowwww, that's so cool! *hi5 for also collecting retro Nintendo games! I don't have any Japanese games, but would LOVE some ^__^ That's awesome. Hope you can get your hands on a SNES soon. I've always loved art ever since I was little :3 Kinda wish I'd studied it, but always enjoy drawing/painting/making things in my free time! Do you have a DeviantArt account? Aw, she's great. I love that she speaks in Korean, aha.

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate that. :3 AND the buddy offer! I'll definitely take you up on that one, m'dear. :3

Will bear that in mind and get in touch if there are any questions! Can't wait to get properly integrated! I do apologise if it takes me a few weeks or so/if i'm not here that often lately...it's the busiest time of my academic career (final year of University...and May is full of exams! eeek), but will be around when procrastinating, ha!

Have a great day too! It's night time here now, heh. :)

Years
    Oh hey, another Adventure Time fan! :3 Welcome to PC, Sophie! I just want to say, your name is so beautiful! <3 If you don't mind me asking, what are you studying?

Anyways, looks like Dragon pointed ya towards our Video Games section if you have such a passion with video games! We also have other sections here as well and discuss all things Pokémon, so be sure to check those out.

By the way, since you specified Adventure Time as a show you love, you should totally nerd out with everyone that's a fan of Adventure Time here! If you don't mind me asking, who is your favorite character from the show? I'm an Adventure Time fan myself n_n And just so you know, we do have an Adventure Time fan club located right here if you want to discuss the show! :D

If you have any questions about PC, please don't hesitate to ask anyone on staff such as a moderator like myself, a super moderator, or an administrator since we would definitely be glad to help you out with anything you might be confused about here on the site! :)

Hope to see ya around ^^

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
    Wow thanks for joining :). Studying German huh? I like studying languages myself. I'm currently studying Spanish and Russian. Welcome to the Pokemon forums!

I love gaming as well (as I'm sure everyone here does) and I love to battle other people. Feel free to take down my friend code if you want, and maybe we could battle sometime!

You'll enjoy your "official" stay here, that I promise :). See you around!

Years
    Hi Sophie! Really adorable Eevee avatar you have.

As Dragon and Terabyte said, we have the Video Games section and the Adventure Time club to cover your main interests here, and there's also the sections covering each of the Pokemon games if you want to discuss those. I've been into Pokemon for most of my life, so I know that definitely won't quit being a Pokefan anytime soon. I usually love cute Pokemon best, but I also love Water-types especially.

Well, we all hope you enjoy your stay here at PC and I'm always happy to chat with you so feel free to leave me a message whenever you want, and I'm always happy to accept a friend request as well since having friends can help you settle in more. I'll be sure to see you around and if you need help ask any of the staff members!

- Hikamaru

Years
    Oh hey, another Adventure Time fan! :3 Welcome to PC, Sophie! I just want to say, your name is so beautiful! <3 If you don't mind me asking, what are you studying?

Anyways, looks like Dragon pointed ya towards our Video Games section if you have such a passion with video games! We also have other sections here as well and discuss all things Pokémon, so be sure to check those out.

By the way, since you specified Adventure Time as a show you love, you should totally nerd out with everyone that's a fan of Adventure Time here! If you don't mind me asking, who is your favorite character from the show? I'm an Adventure Time fan myself n_n And just so you know, we do have an Adventure Time fan club located right here if you want to discuss the show! :D

If you have any questions about PC, please don't hesitate to ask anyone on staff such as a moderator like myself, a super moderator, or an administrator since we would definitely be glad to help you out with anything you might be confused about here on the site! :)

Hope to see ya around ^^

Hey there - thanks for the welcome! Aw that's lovely of you to say. My actual name is Sophie-Mai, but I like to shorten it for easiness ^^ aha. Course I don't mind you asking :) I study German Studies (the degree itself comprises language modules as well as literary/cultural/historical ones), and I do a film module alongside it. Do you study? :D If so, what do you study?

Aw yayyy! Adventure Time is AMAZING. Gosh, I love nerding out about AT...but sadly no one I know in real life watches it! :( Here in the UK, it's seen as more of a 'kids show', which is definitely is NOT. I guess the demographic is just different here, which is such a shame. I am completely obsessed with it and collect AT-related stuff, aha. :3 Great to hear you're also a big fan! Thanks for directing me towards the fan club. :3 Ohh, and favourite character!? Well, I just love Marceline...she's so sassy! Princess Bubblegum is awesome, too, and BMO is adorable...so it's between those three! How about you? :)

Brilliant - that's great! Will bear that in mind and ask you guys any questions if necessary. ^__^

Wow thanks for joining :). Studying German huh? I like studying languages myself. I'm currently studying Spanish and Russian. Welcome to the Pokemon forums!

I love gaming as well (as I'm sure everyone here does) and I love to battle other people. Feel free to take down my friend code if you want, and maybe we could battle sometime!

You'll enjoy your "official" stay here, that I promise :). See you around!

Hello there - nice to hear from you! :) Ahh, nice! A fellow linguist! *hi5. Learning a language is great isn't it? You learn so much about other cultures, too! It's brilliant. Cheers for the lovely welcome. :D

That's great - will definitely do that sometime when i'm not so busy with my studies. :3

See you around! ^___^

Hi Sophie! Really adorable Eevee avatar you have.

As Dragon and Terabyte said, we have the Video Games section and the Adventure Time club to cover your main interests here, and there's also the sections covering each of the Pokemon games if you want to discuss those. I've been into Pokemon for most of my life, so I know that definitely won't quit being a Pokefan anytime soon. I usually love cute Pokemon best, but I also love Water-types especially.

Well, we all hope you enjoy your stay here at PC and I'm always happy to chat with you so feel free to leave me a message whenever you want, and I'm always happy to accept a friend request as well since having friends can help you settle in more. I'll be sure to see you around and if you need help ask any of the staff members!

- Hikamaru

Hi, Hikamaru! Thank you. :) I must say that I am not responsible for the artwork in the avatar - don't want to be taking credit for it unduly!

The forum sounds great. :3 Plus, your taste in Pokemon is great if I may say so! Cute Pokemon are the best. Hehe, great that you love water types! Are you a little bit Misty-esque in that respect? :D

That's very kind of you - will definitely do that! ^___^ See you around!

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Hi there! I see that you have a Deviantart account, perhaps you'd be interested in the Art & Design section, there are lots of creative and talented artists like you who post their work there!:)

If you like the Pokemon games, manga, and anime, you'll love Pokecommunity!:)
    Pokemon Gaming
    Here there is a ton of stuff about the Pokemon games, there are also other sections for specific generations.

If you're into the Anime, you should go here: Pokemon Anime
    Filled with threads about the Pokemon anime, hence the name.

I hope you enjoy PC!

Years
    Hi there! I see that you have a Deviantart account, perhaps you'd be interested in the Art & Design section, there are lots of creative and talented artists like you who post their work there!:)

If you like the Pokemon games, manga, and anime, you'll love Pokecommunity!:)
    Pokemon Gaming
    Here there is a ton of stuff about the Pokemon games, there are also other sections for specific generations.

If you're into the Anime, you should go here: Pokemon Anime
    Filled with threads about the Pokemon anime, hence the name.

I hope you enjoy PC!

Thanks very much for the welcome! I do indeed love the games and anime, hehe, can't wait! Thank you for pointing me to the art-y section as well as the anime one. :) I look forward to exploring the creativity of other members here!

Years
    Welcome to PC :D I'm sure you will have a great time here and make many friends. Everyone here is so nice and there is a plethora of things to do whether you find your interests in RolePlaying Pokemon hacking or anything in between you will find it here :D so again welcome Soph3

Back