• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm not trying again, I'll make a blog saying why those forums are bad.

Firstly, what you should have done was appeal your ban through the proper channels. Secondly, sock-puppet accounts are probably against the rules there the same as here. So by making a fake account you just gave them reason to not let you back in.

As for the blog idea, honestly that's just petty and childish and a waste of your effort because it will change nothing. Better to just let bygones be bygones and integrate yourself here. Start fresh and enjoy your hobby without clinging to old drama.

I'm not really sure what you could do there, except proxy and make a new account using a different style so nobody knows it's you.

Please don't encourage people to break rules on this site or any other.

Reactions: Nah

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
Years
You do know that the only way to even have a chance for an appeal is going to Email them since their site's banning can't allow you to get to the appeal page?

string555

Banned
Years
Please don't encourage people to break rules on this site or any other.

My bad, noted. :(

Edit: I guess, Anime Psyclone, try taking a walk for a minute in the Mod's shoes. As users of a site, we have to follow the rules, or get banned. The Mod's have the same set of rules, and they have to follow them or get banned AND de-modded. However, on top of those rules, they also have an extra set of rules about how to enforce the rules. Take it a step above, and the admins have rules about enforcing how the mods enforce the rules, lol. So it does seem kind of stupid how you got banned, in my personal opinion, but unless it was a really offensive image, I would bet that they kind of swept some past offenses under the table before, and the image was the last straw.

But you are here now, so you have another chance in a new environment, don't screw it up. :P

Last edited:

Pure Essence

Years
Also...

I feel like I shouldn't change my avis and banner much. On every site I was on every few days my avatar and signature changed. I have to physically force myself not to. Should I do it?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Also...

I feel like I shouldn't change my avis and banner much. On every site I was on every few days my avatar and signature changed. I have to physically force myself not to. Should I do it?
Just do what you feel like. If you wanna change them, then do it. If you don't, you don't. There's little reason to feel like one should or should not change them frequently/infrequently .

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
((((LONG STORY SHORT, A FRIEND SAID SOMETHING THAT GOT ME MAD BUT I WANTED TO GIVE EVERY DETAIL OF MY PERSPECTIVE)))

I have this friend, someone I've been friends with for a very long time. We'll call him "J". J and I are both avid Pokemon fans, but we couldn't be on more opposite spectrums. He's an obsessive online competitive battler, often spending time on PokemonShowdown. On the other hand, I'm an obsessive casual player (I will never get tired of playing any of the mainstory Pokemon games).

Anyways, the real problem lies not in our different philosophies, but more so the way he went about it when something I said went against his philosophy. He always wants to battle me, mostly cause he knows he'll win and likes using me as a guinea pig for new teams. I tried to explain to him that I just don't have any interest in battling competitively, that I'd rather run through a main story game and catch Pokemon I haven't used before as opposed to participating in the metagame. I have a lot of fun doing that, like I said before, I never get tired.

Here is what reaaalllllyyyy made me grind my gears. He had the nerve to tell me not to be a Pokemon trainer if I'm not going to try and become a better competitive battler. You have no idea how much that got under my skin. I've been with Pokemon for nearly 20 GOD DAMN YEARS. Day in, day out when I was tormented by bullies at school for years, what helped me through it? Pokemon. What was the force which helped me find closure after my dog died after 15 years of companionship? Pokemon. What was it that's helped me through the hell and highwater I've been this year? That's right, god damn Pokemon. Whether it's playing Pokemon, watching Pokemon, drawing Pokemon, poetry about Pokemon, or even just getting to use my imagination, there isn't anything I hold more of an affinity for than Pokemon. AND THIS FOOL REALLY HAS THE NERVE TO TELL ME I SHOULDN'T PLAY THE GAMES JUST BECAUSE I PLAY IT DIFFERENTLY THAN HIM?????

I'm not going to lie, I've full on considered ending my friendship with him over this. I don't care if anyone thinks this is silly, this REEAAALLLLLYYYYYY got under my skin. He's supposed to be my friend, not bring me down. The most irritating part about it is I know he won't listen or even consider my point of view on things because of how deeply rooted he is in his philosophy and beliefs. Either that, or he will listen and immediately discredit me FOR PLAYING DIFFERENTLY. ISN'T THE MOST IMPORTANT AND UNDERLYING POINT OF POKEMON TO JUST HAVE FUN??? WHETHER IT'S WITH YOURSELF OR WITH FRIENDS, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUN!

And before a competitive battler comes to try discredit and invalidate me, just hear me out. I know damn well that being a great competitive battler takes a lot of hard work and determination. I see that, and I respect that. However, I'm just not interested in participating in the metagame. Like, can't we just agree to disagree? I don't care if a Pokemon I have physical attacking moves on has a Modest nature, low IV's, whatever. Every Pokemon I use is an individual to me, and I love them just the way they are.

So yes, needless to say, it reeeaallllllllyyyyyy got under my skin. The principle behind this argument eats at me, I wanna just scream because of how conflicted I am over it. As I mentioned before, I had considered just telling him to piss off in my heated moments, but I think I'm just going to keep my distance till I calm down. It's not worth blowing up, but that comment still hurt me because of how carelessly it came out of his mouth, and the weight behind the entire situation.

A big thank you to anyone who reads this through, I know it's a lot over something small, but I needed to communicate my feelings from every angle, and hopefully someone will be able to offer me some good advice/perspective on how I can put this behind me.

Pure Essence

Years
Just do it like I do, explode in a cascade of fire and fury explaining every detail. That might end your friendship. Or, you could try to talk to him calmly if you want to remain friends. I don't have friends but I don't really need them.

-a non comp battler who plays hackmons on showdown

Last edited:

string555

Banned
Years
Damn kyuubi93, that's some bullmuk on your friend's part. The whole point is fun, and everyone has fun with the games in different ways. It's not right to just stomp on other people's way of doing things like that. That being said, I don't think it is worth ending a friendship over, so I think you're right on just keeping your distance for a while.

Another suggestion in the meantime, why not start over another Pokemon game and name your rival after your friend, that way you can blow off some steam by schooling him? :D

Years
If you do not want to end the friendship, then maybe you should perhaps cave in a little and go about looking into the competitive battling scene. Ask your friend to teach you, and maybe he'd be willing to. With him showing you his ways of playing the game (which is an extra aspect to the casual Pokémon player), you might see that it's a new way to enjoy the games and could perhaps become just as good at competitive battling as him.

In the instance you approach your friend about this and he doesn't want to show you how to become more competitive, then mutually agree with them to discontinue further discussions on Pokémon and find other ways you two can continue to be friends.

Just do it like I do, explode in a cascade of fire and fury explaining every detail. That might end your friendship
Please don't. Outbursts like this are what derails conflict further.

Another suggestion in the meantime, why not start over another Pokemon game and name your rival after your friend, that way you can blow off some steam by schooling him? :D
Again, I would highly suggest not doing this. All this is doing is just asking for the bond to derail further than it already has, especially if the friend were to find out.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
hey guys

i need someone who is willing to talk with me through PM

its something really, really personal, so if you aren't up to it please dont even bother replying to this. I understand.

i just have some stuff I need to get off of my chest and I wont do it publicly, nor can I use anyone in real life

Edit: i know this might sound weird, but it needs to be a male that talks to me

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Not sure if my current problem is worthy enough, but here it goes:

I've been getting pop-up messages to install my Skype again for the upgrades it'll be getting for the last couple of days. One time, it sent me to a link to the Skype website, and when I read the reviews, they went somewhere like this:

"Can't sign in. Error message keeps coming back. If this is a Microsoft app, why is it so difficult to use on a Microsoft phone? Also, when trying to sign in at the Skype website, an error message says "Sorry, Skype isn't allowing the sign in on this device yet." Ok. No way to sign in to Skype on this phone... So why is Skype app available on this phone? Don't get it."

"Skype on W10M is pure garbage. EDIT: v12.10 • No Location Sharing • No drawing • No transparent Tile • Opening the app won't clear Action Center notifications (on phones, it does on PC) • Answering from a notification won't clear the Live Tile • Slow • Opening the app on Phone will most of the time kill any other audio source. At the same time, Skype will also kill its own audio source, making so you are not longer able to hear people during calls. • Broken video calling (upside down image) • Doesn't seem to want to send keyboard emoji anymore. • Pointless "New Messages" notification instead of the actual notification with the message. • No Gallery on phone • No Fluent Design elements on phone • Crashes often At this point, what's the point of Skype?"

"Keeps freaking force quitting on the splash screen... I uninstalled it and when I reinstalled it nothing changed... Why? My phone has 3GB of ram."

I have Windows 10 for a few years now, and I fear that if I say "yes," then I may lose my Skype account, as well as all of my contacts. Can anyone who has already updated their Skype tell me if what I'm doing is the right thing?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Not sure if my current problem is worthy enough, but here it goes:

I've been getting pop-up messages to install my Skype again for the upgrades it'll be getting for the last couple of days. One time, it sent me to a link to the Skype website, and when I read the reviews, they went somewhere like this:

"Can't sign in. Error message keeps coming back. If this is a Microsoft app, why is it so difficult to use on a Microsoft phone? Also, when trying to sign in at the Skype website, an error message says "Sorry, Skype isn't allowing the sign in on this device yet." Ok. No way to sign in to Skype on this phone... So why is Skype app available on this phone? Don't get it."

"Skype on W10M is pure garbage. EDIT: v12.10 • No Location Sharing • No drawing • No transparent Tile • Opening the app won't clear Action Center notifications (on phones, it does on PC) • Answering from a notification won't clear the Live Tile • Slow • Opening the app on Phone will most of the time kill any other audio source. At the same time, Skype will also kill its own audio source, making so you are not longer able to hear people during calls. • Broken video calling (upside down image) • Doesn't seem to want to send keyboard emoji anymore. • Pointless "New Messages" notification instead of the actual notification with the message. • No Gallery on phone • No Fluent Design elements on phone • Crashes often At this point, what's the point of Skype?"

"Keeps freaking force quitting on the splash screen... I uninstalled it and when I reinstalled it nothing changed... Why? My phone has 3GB of ram."

I have Windows 10 for a few years now, and I fear that if I say "yes," then I may lose my Skype account, as well as all of my contacts. Can anyone who has already updated their Skype tell me if what I'm doing is the right thing?
You'll probably want to try posting this in S&T instead, they'd likely be of better help to you on this one

Years
hey guys

i need someone who is willing to talk with me through PM

its something really, really personal, so if you aren't up to it please dont even bother replying to this. I understand.

i just have some stuff I need to get off of my chest and I wont do it publicly, nor can I use anyone in real life

Edit: i know this might sound weird, but it needs to be a male that talks to me

Hi
You know you can always talk to me smh

Years
The problem is that it doesn't have its own Help & Advice thread, which is why I post it here instead.
Hello, just your friendly neighborhood S&T mod stopping by!

We took away the Help & Advice thread due to the fact it was underutilized, and our solution was to reinstate the [Help] prefix for assistance threads. Please post any tech issues in S&T next time and use that prefix instead of using this thread, thanks. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back