• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Can some one Please help me on this one??? When I go on the stairs, The only way to go backs is to go foward. Also from the top floor to the middle floor. It warps near the door. can Anyone help me please???
    Code:
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O41cX7ojHk[/URL]
    Thethethethe has answered this question, its the same problem Antwhan had just a different tileset. Just look for an unedited map with the same type of stairs and right-click on the tile just before the stairs and then go back into your map and just use that.

I don't know whether this is an obvious question, but I couldn't find a tutorial for it.
    I wan't to know how I can make my own tiles for a pokémon map, and how to put them into advance map?
    Help would be apprieciated, XD
    There are a lot of tutorials available. I recommend this and this.

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    ok simple question...
    i know how to warp with already ingame places like pokemon center to the inside of my house or inside of birch's lab goes to ever grande.
    but o want to know how to link a map i create to a building i have also created.
    you know. mmake a warp to the inside of the house and on the inside would be what i have created. help would be very nice.
    but i do not expect a quick reply anyhow.
    =[
    helpernatinglynessled me?

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    ok simple question...
    i know how to warp with already ingame places like pokemon center to the inside of my house or inside of birch's lab goes to ever grande.
    but o want to know how to link a map i create to a building i have also created.
    you know. mmake a warp to the inside of the house and on the inside would be what i have created. help would be very nice.
    but i do not expect a quick reply anyhow.
    =[
    helpernatinglynessled me?
    well, the inside of the building is a map itself. write down the map bank and the map nummer of the map where the inside is, then go to the town and make a new warp. it has to be on the same spot as the door, and at the right of AM you can insert map bank and map nummer where it says "go to".
    at the map of the inside you put a warp at the entrance and to the same.
    this should work.

@pika-pal: that's not that easy, therefore you need to know the person number of the person that will move and the trainer ID of the trainer you want to battle from APE.

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
    Going to assume that tileset questions are allowed to be asked here since this is the mapping section. :P

I am only trying to edit my tiles slightly for my Pokecenter and Pokemart.

I can find the Pokecenter but not the mart and only half of the building. I'll attach the DIB files to see if someone can help me.

Also, I was wondering if I put my new tile at the bottom of the second tileset if that would mess anything up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    geno421 said:
    Going to assume that tileset questions are allowed to be asked here since this is the mapping section. :P

I am only trying to edit my tiles slightly for my Pokecenter and Pokemart.

I can find the Pokecenter but not the mart and only half of the building. I'll attach the DIB files to see if someone can help me.

Also, I was wondering if I put my new tile at the bottom of the second tileset if that would mess anything up.

No tileset questions are allowed to be asked, they belong in the simple questions thread.

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
    No tileset questions are allowed to be asked, they belong in the simple questions thread.

Oye really thought it would've been here to ask that. Made sense. Anyways thanks for redirecting me to that thread for the question. :)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Gold Tom: No, the data isnt built into FireRed as far as I know.

I've got a question, how do connections work?

Connections are really simple actually.
    you just find the adjustment, map bank, and map number and redirect it to another direction.
    For example you could make viridian city go to vermillion city instead of the pokemon league if you have the adjustment, map bank, and map number of route 11.
    If you want i can even give you all the connection numbers of every place in there.
    the number of zero's may work, but i've never actually had to use it before unless it included making a new connection instead of replacing one.
    i hope thats simple enough for you.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Connections are really simple actually.
    you just find the adjustment, map bank, and map number and redirect it to another direction.
    For example you could make viridian city go to vermillion city instead of the pokemon league if you have the adjustment, map bank, and map number of route 11.
    If you want i can even give you all the connection numbers of every place in there.
    the number of zero's may work, but i've never actually had to use it before unless it included making a new connection instead of replacing one.
    i hope thats simple enough for you.

I should of explained my question more xD
    What I mean is, if I have a map thats is much bigger than the one its coming from or going to, how would I work out the connections so the map isnt too far too the left or right. If you understand :S

Jawash

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    well, the inside of the building is a map itself. write down the map bank and the map nummer of the map where the inside is, then go to the town and make a new warp. it has to be on the same spot as the door, and at the right of AM you can insert map bank and map nummer where it says "go to".
    at the map of the inside you put a warp at the entrance and to the same.
    this should work.

@pika-pal: that's not that easy, therefore you need to know the person number of the person that will move and the trainer ID of the trainer you want to battle from APE.

Thanks, I have tried that already though.
    And there is still obviously something I am doing wrong.
    I create the map, make the inside and outside, place the warps, then the warp go to numbers. But I still get nothing.
    It is strange.
    It's so obvious that, that is the most executionable act.

There has to be more to this than that.
    3=

I should of explained my question more xD
    What I mean is, if I have a map thats is much bigger than the one its coming from or going to, how would I work out the connections so the map isnt too far too the left or right. If you understand :S

Easy... Check the X and Y values to the left of your program.
    Assuming that you are using A-Map.
    And/or Center the enter/exit 'hallway' in the same position as your previous map.
    The one you are trying to link.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    i got a map connection prob
    i made a map but for some reason itsnot connecting correctly
    how can i puch them to the good side?

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    how can i change the color of 1 tile and not the entire palette

ex: I want to make a tree yellow but not all the trees, houses, grass, ect.

Jawash

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    how can i change the color of 1 tile and not the entire palette

ex: I want to make a tree yellow but not all the trees, houses, grass, ect.
    I COMPLETELY agree, I would like to know also..
    P.s did you mean to sspell it 'Gaara911?'
    Also like changing only one pokemon center maybe, yellow :]

hypermonkey

N008 H4CK3R
    Years
    Need help with map connection and a few things

Hi, I'm new to both the forums and Advance Map:)
    I need help with a few things but first, I need some help on connecting maps. When I connected my map it connected the wrong way... I can't add pictures yet because I haven't made 15 posts. Anyway, when I connected the maps, I decided to try the rom out on an emulator, but when I got to the part where the map connects, I am blocked by trees. The map connected, but the path is connected to a non-passable object.
    Connecting maps seemed easy at first but it came out differently when I had to connect a bigger map. I used three maps, the first two connected perfectly, but the third failed.

I also need help on adding(not editing) sprites and overworld sprites. Also there was this time when I added a certain amount of maps in my rom then Advanced Map just closed down and deleted all the maps I added.
    Thank you for reading and please help me if you can :classic:

Note: I am using Pokemon Emerald. Also I am working on adding Kanto and maybe Sevii Islands to make a game that will have all Pokemon from generations 1-3.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    Hello. I'm working with this script, and it works fine:
    Code:
    #ORG $begin
    checkflag 0x201
    lock
    faceplayer
    if B_true goto $done
    message $givestuff
    boxset 6
    giveitem 0xD 2
    givepokemon 1 28 0x4
    givepokemon 7 30 0x34
    givepokemon 25 35 0x18 
    setflag 0x201
    release
    end

#org $done
    message $nomore
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $nomore
    $nomore 1 = PIKACHU: Pikaa!

#org $givestuff
    $givestuff 1 = PIKACHU: Pikaa!

I'm really confused with apply movement scripts... How could I make it so th Pikachu is standing where I placed it unless you HAVENT talked to it yet? IE, you talk to it and it stays where I put it on the map and moves out of your way on the staircase?
    Here's the map:
    [Help workshop] Map help thread

This is both a map AND a script problem, so I put it here...

EDIT:

Yunghove fixed this. Thanks anyways!

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, I'm a newbie at this stuff. I'm trying to learn how to put different images in my map on Advance map.

HOW do people put all those nice trees etc onto the map? I only have the basic ones on Advance map, but HOW do I add my own "tiles" (not sure if thats what they are called)

I'm sure some of you can understand what I mean... how do I add my own pictures like trees, grass, etc to a map? I can't figure it out.

I use advance map.

Any guides or people willing to help me would be so awesome! And I'd be so extremely greatful if someone could PM me and help me! Thanks so much in advanced!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back