• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: here's how bernie sanders can still win

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    i had a retail job where i had to work 8-hour shifts without any break whatsoever and no pay for the first three days. i quit the next day.

pkmin3033

I'm alright with sitting all day as long as I can stretch...my knees seize up and start to ache if I stay in the same position for too long. But then, you're supposed to take regular fifteen minute breaks from staring at screens if you work with a computer or something, so it's not too bad. Hard to take regular breaks when you have to serve customers on your feet all day...

pkmin3033

I used to have an hour's break...which I took an hour before my shift was supposed to end. It made the morning hell, but I got to go home an hour early >:3

blue

gucci
    Years
    in my last office job, we had an hour for lunch which we could take at either 12, 1, or 2 which was actually really nice. taking a 2-3 lunch made the day seem shorter when finishing at 5.

pkmin3033

Kind of annoying when you're being told when to take your lunch...in my last job we took turns so that someone was always in the office, and I always volunteered to go last so I could go around 2:30 or so. The afternoon drags something awful if you go too early, right? =x

pkmin3033

Most people want to take their lunch as early as possible because they're hungry and/or fed up of working, so it's usually pretty easy to sort something out in those cases I think~

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    So, I want to bring up a different, probably interesting topic! How are you guys with managing cash? Do you tend to blow through it as soon as you get it, do you tend to save a lot?

Sometimes I have impulse urges and act upon them (like when I ordered pizza yesterday, but I was getting paid the next day anyway so it didn't matter), but really I tend to (or WANT to) save more often than spend. It really bothers me when I'm low on cash and then don't have enough for basic necessities, so I'm very strict about spending now.

Was this meant to be a thread? ahaha

I have a surprising amount saved for someone who used to blow money that he didn't even have originally (overdraft life YEAAAAAAA). I mean it's not like, thousands, but it's enough to have me getting by on a basic level and enough to deal should some sort of expensive emergency (idk what) arise. Then again, what I consider a "basic" level is way way way below acceptable for most people I've talked to.

pkmin3033

...I buy literally every video game I want. I'm terrible. Although I have savings I do not touch, and I know how to budget and whatnot...I do have two Accounting degrees after all. But I'm generally not very restrained when it comes to spending my spare cash; if I want it, I get it.

Although that's partly because if my savings go over a certain amount I lose access to money, and if I lose access to money I can't afford to pay for my keep, meaning I get put out on the streets. I guess I don't save my spare money very often, but I don't spend more than I can afford to. Bills first, luxuries second. I'm a pessimist - when I think I'll have a future, I will start saving for that future. As long as my life expectancy is as low as it is...if I want it, I'm going to buy it.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Although that's partly because if my savings go over a certain amount I lose access to money, and if I lose access to money I can't afford to pay for my keep, meaning I get put out on the streets.

wait what? why do you lose access to your money if you have too much of it?

blue

gucci
    Years
    my savings are actually pretty good right now, i'm managing to get by without any money problems. i'll be getting a student loan in september, but i have no idea about all that just yet.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Whenever I get extra cash I am very stingy about spending it. I often just let it sit for weeks before I decide to buy more music, or a game, or some movies.

pkmin3033

wait what? why do you lose access to your money if you have too much of it?

As I understand it (and admittedly I'm not fully aware of how they decide and process these things, I've only had to provide income details once) if my savings go over a certain amount I have to notify them and it'll impact and/or disqualify me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back