• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"hey wanna be my friend?"

Sirfetch’d

I'm kidding I am great guys. Lets talk about meeting new friends and the difficulty that it is for some people. If you are like me, meeting friends can be challenging due to shyness and anxiety. Does meeting new friends come natural to you guys?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    I used to make a lot of friends in high school, while my girl friend didn't.
    In the 3 weeks we've been in college, she's joined a Sorority and has a ton of friends, while i've stayed rather reserved this time around. I do have a natural sense of humor, though. And, I can make friends rather easily. Just haven't put myself out their yet.

I'm sure I'll ddo something stupid at a party drunk and get known somehow xD

Sirfetch’d

I'm reserved as well haha. I've sort of always been the person who makes friends by them approaching me not the other way around. Curse shyness :( Online though I can make friends much easier! I'm not shy at all

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    A lot of the friends I have just kinda happened. I didn't go out of my way to try to make them, we just kinda were friends one day and we've been friends ever since. If I actually had to try to socialize with someone to become friends with them I'm pretty sure I'd be ****ed. The only time I'm not nervous is when I'm talking to girls oddly enough, but only for about the first week of talking to them and then I get shy and can't do anything.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Making friends isn't my best quality at all cause I'm pretty shy most of the time. Though if you mention something I'm really interested in, i.e. Pokemon, I may try to become friends with you. But most of the time, I just have casual conversations and small talk, and never really make much friends in real life. I've been wanting to make more friends, though. I feel being an art student could help, but I'm still eating lunch by myself. D: Online, it's a completely different case. I make friends easier on the Internet cause as most of you know, chatting on the interwebs comes easier. You just have to type for the most part, and make no real contact or can't see the person unless you video chat on Skype or something. I can open up a lot more online tbh.

But basically, if I make friends, it's usually cause of them approaching me and hanging with me first, than the other way around. If you start talking to me enough, we may eventually become friends. You just have to get me to open up first.

Last edited:

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I wouldn't say I'm shy but more so the type of person who doesn't take interest or notice things about people even if it's something I am into. I wait for them to come to me. I never go to anyone. That is just how I am. I feel as if they don't feel the need to come to me and start a conversation with me then I don't feel the need to be friends with them.

This may be the reason why I really don't have any friends on PC or in real life other than my girlfriend and yes she came to me first.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    It's actually really easy if you're not asking "Do you want to be my friend" ;). I think you should just start with something simple instead of trying to make friends with them and get to know them first.

I went to a music festival a couple of weeks ago and i met a lot of people in the crowd by asking "Are you excited for the next act". Out of one question comes a big conversation about music and other common interests. Starting the conversation is the hardest bit for most people, they don't even like sending the first message over the internet.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
    When I moved to where I currently live after I graduated high school it was really difficult to meet people because I didn't have a job or anything so I was dreading it everyday and a lot of people up here are ignorant *******s; but now I know a ton of people that's really cool and has the same hobbies as me. I got a lot of cool black friends that I get in the studio to record their raps and I meet more people with every party I got to or when I hit the bars. Being 21+ makes things so much easier in a new area.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've made so few I don't really know. Casual sociality is a common hobby, just not one of mine. Since who I regard as a 'friend' is nothing short of a close one, it's not something I meet folk with a mind to make them into.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    "hey wanna be my friend?"

To be honest, I'm better off alone. However, meeting new people is not a problem for me.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    It doesn't always come natural to me due to having autism. It depends on the person and their interests too. At my anime convention, it becomes somewhat easier, but not completely. I'm lucky if I can manage to meet one friend a year at my convention. :/

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I'm terrible at making friends, at least in real life. I never dared to talk to people. I'm quiet. I have a very small pool of (but very close) friends, and they always start the introduction. Heck, even in lectures or tutorials when I don't get anything, I won't dare to ask. :(

I dare to open up more online for some reason... Even I don't know why.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Ugh, this has been driving me crazy. I was a complete loner in high school, and have no friends left over from it, plus I've moved several times, and live in a small town. I desperately want some friends now, but just have no way of making any. =/

It's not that I'm bad at it, it's just that there's no one available to be friends with in the first place.

Years
    I'm reserved as well haha. I've sort of always been the person who makes friends by them approaching me not the other way around. Curse shyness :( Online though I can make friends much easier! I'm not shy at all

This is pretty much me.....

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Throughout my life I've always had a good amount of friends, but I don't really remember how I made them. When it comes to all my years of school I feel like it would almost be unfair to base my ability of making friends on that because I usually made friends through prior friends. Though I do remember a few situations where I was in a class alone and made a few friends.

I'm not as shy as I was, but I would still say I am a shy person so it definitely makes it a bit harder to make the first approach or even if someone approaches me first I feel this wave of nervousness and it's hard to keep thinking of things to say back. I try to remind myself that I am a likable person along with all the nice things people who are just getting to know me say about me. So I'd say my friend making skills by myself are so/so. I tend to be appreciated over time by people rather than right away. When I'm meeting people with my friends or I am intoxicated I usually make friends right away because I am fully comfortable and myself.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i'm exactly like that. i'm really shy and scared of people in general.i tend to run away. it takes a lot for me to like a person and get to know them. it takes time and patience for me.

Years
    I have a good friend in maccrash <3

but other than that, I've made quick friends with all 4 of my new roommates, which is nice

once I open up I'm tons of fun guys, I promise.

I promise, guys.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    making friends comes pretty easily to me. I'm not awful at talking to people, but I'm really bad at picking up on romantic cues and stuff. regardless, I have a good amount of friends and I make new ones at pretty much any event I go to, even though I'm generally kinda quiet and shy.

I have a good friend in maccrash <3

o my (:

Back