• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Heya!

chaosqueen

Contest Enthusiast
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jan 18, 2022
    Hi! I'm Ruby (yes, it does get super confusing), and I've been lurking for a few years (mostly keeping an eye on fangames and hacks) and thought I may as well make an account since it's been so long. I'm 21, my favorite Pokémon is Eevee, and I'd consider myself a Pokémon Contest enthusiast. Other things I really like include the Colosseum and DS games, Pokémon Special, and the anime.

Probably the most notable thing about me is I learned Pokémon existed through the anime at age 5, and somehow failed to learn that there were games until Black and White came out in 2011. Still not sure how that happened, seeing as I had both a Wii and a DS long before that.

Eevee!! <3 Love it so much too! Welcome Ruby, nice to meet you!

Probably the most notable thing about me is I learned Pokémon existed through the anime at age 5, and somehow failed to learn that there were games until Black and White came out in 2011.

One of my first times seeing someone like that, but it's never too late to learn about the games lol. BW were some of the best too so I think it's an awesome time to realize that. :D;

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
    Years
    Oh man, Black and White was a good time to be a new fan! I honestly envy you a little for that! I'm a big fan of Gen II since that's where I started (and got stuck a while without any other games), but Black and White were definitely very special too. Welcome!!

Which kind of contests do you like best?I have a soft spot for the og RSE style,but i did like the updates in ORAS a lot too.

chaosqueen

Contest Enthusiast
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jan 18, 2022
    Probably the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum contests, if only because I only played Gen III a bit later (and because the poffin making game was, I'm sorry, way better than the Pokéblock one). Yeah, the weird part about not knowing the games beforehand was that I was super into Pokémon after learning about it, so it's just bizarre to me in retrospect. It became a huge part of my life (and remains so to this day).

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
    Years
    That's valid, the poffin game is really fun! The original pokeblock game was a little silly, I prefer actual cooking mechanics..

Which contest type do you like best? I have a soft spot for Cute but also love Beauty.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi Ruby! Welcome to the forums! I think it's super cool that you like Pokemon Contests so much! I feel like most people (including myself tbh) really slept on that whole aspect of the game so good on you for sticking to what you love. :) And speaking of which, obviously Eevee is the best!! Hope you like Sylveon too, haha.

Never hesitate to reach out if you have any issues or questions!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    welcome ruby! i also really like contest aspect of the games, though i do wish it was possible to have a side game based on just contests. i think it'd be pretty fun concept for a game. i hope you enjoy your stay!

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Ruby's a cute name, nice to meet you!
    It's always cool to see more people making accounts after lurking. Great taste with Colosseum and the DS games! It's cool to see more people talk about contests, they were such a neat idea I wish got revisited more. Hope to see you around!

Years
    Welcome Ruby! it's not all too common that we hear of someone who's into Pokemon contests. Like Fairy said, I'm one of those who slept on that part mostly hehe. Is it because you were exposed to the anime first that you were enticed by May (or was it already Dawn at that point?) and her contest escapades? It's pretty darn different in game than on screen though right? :p

BW was an excellent time to get introduced to the games too thanks to how great of a pair of games those were. Sadly I believe the last set of games to have Contests was Gen 4, but hey it looks like you played that lot as well! I pretty much only played the Poffin making mini game to try and get a Milotic lmao failed miserably though so I had to use.. err... less than legitimate means afterwards :3

Anyway, stick around and enjoy your stay! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me or other staff members you encounter upon the site, and we'd be glad to help out :)

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
    Hello!
    Welcome to PC, queen! =)

Probably the most notable thing about me is I learned Pokémon existed through the anime at age 5, and somehow failed to learn that there were games until Black and White came out in 2011. Still not sure how that happened, seeing as I had both a Wii and a DS long before that.

Omg, I can't imagine what it will feels like to live this. xD

chaosqueen

Contest Enthusiast
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jan 18, 2022
    Welcome Ruby! it's not all too common that we hear of someone who's into Pokemon contests. Like Fairy said, I'm one of those who slept on that part mostly hehe. Is it because you were exposed to the anime first that you were enticed by May (or was it already Dawn at that point?) and her contest escapades? It's pretty darn different in game than on screen though right? :p

BW was an excellent time to get introduced to the games too thanks to how great of a pair of games those were. Sadly I believe the last set of games to have Contests was Gen 4, but hey it looks like you played that lot as well! I pretty much only played the Poffin making mini game to try and get a Milotic lmao failed miserably though so I had to use.. err... less than legitimate means afterwards :3

Anyway, stick around and enjoy your stay! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me or other staff members you encounter upon the site, and we'd be glad to help out :)

Ha, that might be part of it? I started watching the Original Series, but Advanced and DP definitely kept me invested! I really like how they're handled in Gen 4 too, though - the extra little minigames are fun (the dancing + poffin-making) - but yeah, I've always preferred how the anime handled them just because I feel like it has more overall potential. They were in Gen 6 via ORAS, too, but I've always preferred the Super Contests in-game.

Ahhh, Milotic... I spent way too long trying to catch one and never did succeed (til ORAS, anyway). Thank you!

Back