• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    What are good psychic Pokemon to have on your team? Or pokemon that use psychic moves well? I'm trying to find one for my team, but I thought I'd seek out the advice of "professionals" ;)

Thanks!

Years
    Ok I've trying to catch a male timid psyduck and one goldduck, but so far no luck in the ilex forest. I have caught 14 psyducks is it possible to have a timid psyduck. Right now I"ve been catching relaxed, lonely, sassy etc.... I'm doing this hg.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    What are good psychic Pokemon to have on your team? Or pokemon that use psychic moves well? I'm trying to find one for my team, but I thought I'd seek out the advice of "professionals" ;)

Thanks!
    Personally, I'd use Alakazam, Gardevoir and Gallade. They learn good moves.
    Ok I've trying to catch a male timid psyduck and one goldduck, but so far no luck in the ilex forest. I have caught 14 psyducks is it possible to have a timid psyduck. Right now I"ve been catching relaxed, lonely, sassy etc.... I'm doing this hg.
    It is possible to get a male Psyduck/Golduck in Ilex Forest--you're just not lucky enough. To make things easier, put a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability in front of your team (with the nature you want of course). On the field, Synchronize increases your chances of you seeing a Pokemon that has the same nature as the Synchronizer.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years

Thanks!

Espeon is definitely my number one recommendation. Abra is another great choice. You can SR for both an Abra and an Eevee with a good nature (Modest/Timid) in either the Game Corner or Bill's house respectively, making it very easy to get a great Psychic-type with a great nature.

Other Pokemon worth considering include Slowbro, Slowking, Starmie, and Xatu.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021

Thanks!
    I'll be assuming you're going through the storyline. A few useful ones (that I've used and done well with)
    -Slowking over slowbro, just because it might be hard using a slowpoke all the way up to lvl 37. As far as stats and movepools, they're both great.
    -Xatu may not learn a psychic move early on, but it has a supportive movepool, including wish, confuse ray, and psycho shift. If you can get a hold of TM29 early on, do so.
    -Espeon learns confusion early on (lvl 14, I believe,) is fast with good special attack. Not to mention it's easy to evolve if you just mess with your DS clock to get haircuts repeatedly.
    -Starmie is a fast and power special attacker, with a good water movepool. But only really use this if you can get a water stone (from pokeathlon arena) and TM29.

Years
    I use my kirala male has synchronize and its nature is adamant. When I catch psyduck tonight its adamant nature. I caught it like 5 times in a row. So do yall think that adamant nature is good for a psyduck or timid? I'm planning using adamant if I don't catch any timid psyducks. I'll post some pictures of my psyduck in a box later. I almost got 2 boxes full with no luck on getting it timid.

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    Thanks you guys! I think I'll trade over a raltz from my pearl game and train it this time... I really like the looks of Gardevoir :) I might train an Umbreon, but I know it will take longer, so maybe before I decide I'll carry an eevee around to raise it's love towards me :)

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Is there a difference between Gallade and Gardevoir? I know there are differences, but do you guys have preferences?

Gallade is Attack-orientated while Gardevoir is Special Attack-orientated. Gallade is also part Fighting-type. Both are great choices; overall, it comes down to the rest of your team. Do you have a lot physical attackers but few Special attackers? Do you lack a strong Fighting-type? Pick the one that fits best into your team, then use a website like Bulbapedia or Serebii to look up the best attacks for whichever evolution you decide to go with.

I will say this, though--physical attack-orientated Psychic-types are hard to come by, especially good ones like Gallade. Meanwhile, Gardevoir is essentially a worse Alakazam. It's still good, but there isn't much point in using one if you have access to other Psychics like Alakazam or Espeon.

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
    My problem is that I'm trying to catch a Smoochum.

I've got the right course in my Pokewalker but for some reason all I have found is Ghastly. I am aware that you need at least eight thousand steps to find a Smoochum, I've had steps going from 9000-18000 with my average per day 15000. Over the course of the last week I have only ever found Ghastly, nothing else.

Any suggestions?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

I've got the right course in my Pokewalker but for some reason all I have found is Ghastly. I am aware that you need at least eight thousand steps to find a Smoochum, I've had steps going from 9000-18000 with my average per day 15000. Over the course of the last week I have only ever found Ghastly, nothing else.

Any suggestions?
    Try changing up the Pokemon you send to the PokeWalker each day before midnight. The Pokemon that appear in the PokeWalker depends on the Pokemon you send there.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I was under the impression that it was random, considering for me sending the exact same Pokemon into it multiple times yielded different Pokemon. Just take it out and put it back in and hope for luck really.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years

Any suggestions?

Probably some kind of glitch. Try replacing/reusing that pokemon (taking it out and putting it in), and hope for the best. I am quite sure it is not dependant on the pokemon on it though.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    It's not really a glitch or anything, when you send over a Pokemon, it doesn't matter which one btw, the two Pokemon you will encounter have already been predetermined, one will be common (Gastly) one will be rare (Idk who) so restarting it will help (Not the game, just switching Pokemon)

Back