• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Hi. i recently just purchased HG and am currently in Azalea Town. My question is should i focus on building a strong 6 pokemon team or would i be better off leveling up every pokemon i capture to give myself a large [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]pool
    [/COLOR] of strong pokemon?. This is my first ever pokemon game so i am unsure of what to do. any help is greatly appreciated.

Well the best thing to do IMO is to catch about 4/5 that you want on your team and train them, it's your game after all :')
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Years
    Ev training. I understand that the vitamans that you give to your pokemon gets 100 evs for 10 each. I also understand that you get 510 ev for one pokemon. Also the max is 255 or less for each stats.

My Questions: Does the ev training automatically added to the pokemon that you are ev training when you gain a level?

Peoples answers: some says yes.

Power items: Also I heard that power items can also boost the speed of your stats.

Technique used: One guy gave me a technique on counting the pp that you use. And that number of pp will tell you how many ev training you have done for that pokemon?

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Ev training. I understand that the vitamans that you give to your pokemon gets 100 evs for 10 each. I also understand that you get 510 ev for one pokemon. Also the max is 255 or less for each stats.

My Questions: Does the ev training automatically added to the pokemon that you are ev training when you gain a level?

Peoples answers: some says yes.

Power items: Also I heard that power items can also boost the speed of your stats.

Technique used: One guy gave me a technique on counting the pp that you use. And that number of pp will tell you how many ev training you have done for that pokemon?

1. the EVs get added each time you defeat a pokemon, and every 4 EVs = 1 stat. (as for if they are all added to your stats immediately after you gain a lvl, i don't think so...but i'm not 100% sure.)

2. power items add +4 evs of what they boost for each poke you defeat while EV training. (for example, if you beat a zubat while you have a power bracer equipped, you get the 1 speed EV from the zubat, and 4 atk EVs from the bracer)
    also the macho brace works in a similar way...it doubles the EVs you get from pokes.

3. as long as you can defeat each poke you attack in 1 hit, and never miss; then yes you can keep track that way, but i usually just take a piece of paper and make tally marks to keep track of mine.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Can anyone explain to me how to catch Solrock in the safari zone, I'm having a hard time.

To do this, you need to go to the waste land area and place 21 peak objects. This is the wasteland area:
    HG/SS Help Thread

What peak objects are can be found here:
    Safari Zone

Then you wait 30 days. After that, solrock should be available to be found in the wild in that area only. Info on all the other safari pokemon can also be found in the previous link.

OurDayBreaks

Pokeman
    Years
    I am stuck at the kimono girls after the 8th gym. I need to know what pokemon would be good against them and if possibe it would be nice to borrow some pokemon that would help. Comment or PM me with any help and thanks alot!!!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Thing with the Kimono girls is they use the Eeveelutions so a specific type of Pokemon doesn't deal with them all. Note though that Bug moves deal with Umbreon and Espeon and Ground helps for Jolteon and Flareon (note with Jolteon he likes to use Double Team as well...) but grinding some levels would likely be one of the best courses of action as well.

iamdragon

The slave becomes the master
    Years
    I hav just finished ev training a shroomish with pokerus with a exp share. I have tallied my ev's so i knew it was right. I then went and got my effort ribbon to confirm it was fully ev trained.

However i have been doing abit more research on ev training (as this is the first time i have tried ev training) and have found that by using exp share you negate the effects or pokerus. If this is tru, how would i have got my effort ribbon?

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
    Personally, I don't like cheating or AR. But I've seen someone play with it. You can adjust chances of shinies or make a catch 100% sure and walk through walls. And other stuff.

I think there's like a menu or something. IF you can't, why don't you just play fairly?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    i have always done that but i need rare candies i cant train worth crap i beat the elite 4 once through 6 pokemon games.

Years
    Sometimes, a guy needs a little help. Since you're doing Rare Candies, I'll help.

First off, use google for what you want. Copy the code, look at the requirements, and it should work.

Also, guys, don't judge. Other people have different reasons for using AR, I know I sure as hell wouldn't hesitate to use it now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    Sometimes, a guy needs a little help. Since you're doing Rare Candies, I'll help.

First off, use google for what you want. Copy the code, look at the requirements, and it should work.

Also, guys, don't judge. Other people have different reasons for using AR, I know I sure as hell wouldn't hesitate to use it now.

ok i just dont know how to put them in

Back