• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

HeartGold95

HeartGoldFTW!
Years
  • Actually I did beat the elite four first then kanto gym badges then Red. but after the Kanto Map disappeared....
    And I did use cheat codes before but idk why it got erased...and I already had the expansion card before I battled Red...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I'm looking for Natu; it's apparently in the grass at the Ruins of Alph, but I can't seem to figure out how to access the grassy area. I have seven badges and a Tauros that knows Strength, Surf, Waterfall, and Rock Smash. I have done two Ruins of Alph puzzles (Kabuto and Aerodactyl).

How do I get to the grassy area?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I just got the extremespeed dratini, but it's a female. Should I soft-reset and re-do the test so I get a male?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I just got the extremespeed dratini, but it's a female. Should I soft-reset and re-do the test so I get a male?

Yeah, although some think that breeding a female Pokemon with Ditto passes down the female's moves, I tested it and from my experience, it's definitely not true. You need a male to pass down ExtremeSpeed.

I'm looking for Natu; it's apparently in the grass at the Ruins of Alph, but I can't seem to figure out how to access the grassy area. I have seven badges and a Tauros that knows Strength, Surf, Waterfall, and Rock Smash. I have done two Ruins of Alph puzzles (Kabuto and Aerodactyl).

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021

Yeah, although some think that breeding a female Pokemon with Ditto passes down the female's moves, I tested it and from my experience, it's definitely not true. You need a male to pass down ExtremeSpeed.

I'm looking for Natu; it's apparently in the grass at the Ruins of Alph, but I can't seem to figure out how to access the grassy area. I have seven badges and a Tauros that knows Strength, Surf, Waterfall, and Rock Smash. I have done two Ruins of Alph puzzles (Kabuto and Aerodactyl).

Ah, thanks.
    And to get to that area, you need to go up through union cave; you may need strength, but I'm not sure.
    Then you will do the omanyte and ho-oh puzzle.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Seeing as you're supposed to post everything in help threads now and my thread didn't help, I'll try again:

Can someone give me the SPECIFIC locations of when to save so I can soft reset for the following Pokemon (note: I know each pokemon is, I need to know the exact point where I need to save):

Starting Pokemon

Suicune

Ho-oh

Lugia

Sudowoodo

Shuckle (from the guy in Cianwood)

Spearow (from a guard)

Eevee (from Bill)

Extremespeed Dratini

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Hey anyone know where to find the lady who tells you "You're (insert PKMN here) has to work harder"

I think it has to work with EV Training or something and if she tells you your Pokemon is good she will give you an Effort Ribbon.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Just wondering, for the Ruins of Alph Puzzle that says "water", do I need to put a water type in the lead? I didn't have a water type with me at that time, and Surf didn't work. (I used a Sentret)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Seeing as you're supposed to post everything in help threads now and my thread didn't help, I'll try again:

Can someone give me the SPECIFIC locations of when to save so I can soft reset for the following Pokemon (note: I know each pokemon is, I need to know the exact point where I need to save):
    I see, wasn't clear before. Anyways, you save right in front of them if you want to SR then before you battle them - that's pretty much basic as their stats, whether they are shiny or not, etc do not set before you actually battle them (bar maybe Suicune).
    Just wondering, for the Ruins of Alph Puzzle that says "water", do I need to put a water type in the lead? I didn't have a water type with me at that time, and Surf didn't work. (I used a Sentret)
    Use/have/give a leading poke a water stone, I believe. Something involving a Water stone at any rate...

Years
  • Is the lady who tell's a Pokémon's origin (that you caught in-game) still in Cianwood? I can't find her. :\

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Is the lady who tell's a Pokémon's origin (that you caught in-game) still in Cianwood? I can't find her. :\
    Nope. That house just has a lady who talks about the whirl islands.
    Now they we have Trainer Memo, we don't need her.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    What are some good places to EV train my Pokemon? The best place I found to train in Sp Attack is the route between Mahogany town and the Lake of Rage. What about the other stats? Attack, Speed, Sp Def., Defense, Hp. Thanks.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • How do I place objects in the Safari Zone? I can't find the option in the Area Customizer.
    Just "click" on free space in Safari Zone ;)

How is the Sacred Ash activated? Because my Ho-oh was holding it when I battled Red, but in the end they all got beaten to a pulp and nothing was activated...
    Unfortunately Sacred Ash can only be used outside of battle...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What are some good places to EV train my Pokemon? The best place I found to train in Sp Attack is the route between Mahogany town and the Lake of Rage. What about the other stats? Attack, Speed, Sp Def., Defense, Hp. Thanks.
    The FAQ thread already lists places to EV train in:
    I'm interested in EV Training, what are some good locations and Pokémon I can train against?

• HP
      • Hoot-hoot (1pt)
      • Location: Basically everywhere, and quite common. A few areas, Route 1-6.
    • ATTACK
      • Bellsprout & Ekans (1pt)
    • DEFENSE
      • Geodude, Onix, Rhyhorn (1pt)
      • Metapod and Kakuna (2pts)
    • SPECIAL ATTACK
      • Ghastly (1pt)
    • SPECIAL DEFENSE
      • Tentacool (1pt)
      • Tentacruel (2pts)
    • SPEED
      • Magikarp (1pt)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I'm trying to catch Dratini in the Safari Zone with a Good Rod; I've managed to find many Seaking, but Dratini has yet to show up. Do I need to edit the Safari Zone in some way, or are the "10 Blocks of Water" in the Swamp already there by default, and I need to just be more patient?

Back