• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    I'm trying to decide between a fire pokemon for my new file, and I was a bit curious. I can get a fire stone very early, and I would love having an arcanine quickly. If I evolve it before growlithe has learned all of it's moves, will it still learn them as arcanine, or would I have to use heart scales or keep growlithe until like 48?

I'm asking because on serebii and bulbapedia, arcanine and ninetails don't list any moves via levelup except for extreme speed on arcanine.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    When you evolve Vulpix, Pikachu, Growlithe, Clefairy, or any stone-based Pokemon, most of the time (an exception being Bellossom) your Pokemon will not learn any moves.

So Growlithe evolved to Arcanine at a low level would require heart scales to relearn moves.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    if i'm not picking totodile for my starter, whats a good water pokemon i can find relatively early in the game?

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
    Can anyone help me with Voltorb Flip? I'm on lvl 3, and I have no idea on how to determine which card would be a voltorb or not. I've already watched the videos on YouTube, and they are no help.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    if i'm not picking totodile for my starter, whats a good water pokemon i can find relatively early in the game?

Unless you can settle with Gyarados or Tentacruel(both very good choices, their pre-evolutions are just annoying), you won't have much of a choice for pokemon that get STAB on water type moves. Octillery is a pretty popular choice, but you can find Remoraid on route 44, which is after Mahogany. You can also find Staryu by surfing on route 47, but that's pretty late as well. They're all great choices, it just depends on how long you're willing to wait.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021

There's always wooper, also learning ground moves.

My entire team is level 60, and I need to get to lvl 70 to challenge the new E4. I can't challenge all the gym leaders to a rematch, as that would take forever, and you can only get their numbers/challenge them at certain times.
    Where could I train from 60-70?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years

My entire team is level 60, and I need to get to lvl 70 to challenge the new E4. I can't challenge all the gym leaders to a rematch, as that would take forever, and you can only get their numbers/challenge them at certain times.

As I see, there's no super great way to train at the higher levels. I'd strap on a Lucky Egg and fight the highest level pokémon you can with the highest experience yield.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Reset the DS clock to get all of the gym leaders numbers, then choose a Pokemon from your team and match it with a gym leader that it can sweep the whole team. (ie. Brock and Bellossom, etc.) Set the DS clock to the time in which you call need to call this gym leader, call them, and battle. Rinse and repeat. I got my full team of level 60 Pokemon to level 70 Pokemon in waaay less than a day. The hard part is getting all of the phone numbers and constantly changing the DS clock. Each battle gained about one level if I only used one Pokemon, untill some of them it took two battles to get the higher levels.

Melon

シエラ !✿
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Soo.. my friend is having problems with her soulsilver game. everytime she tries to trade pokemon with someone it says something about disconnecting as soon as they enter the trading screen. I'm not really sure what she's talking about since I've never had that problem and she can trade pokemon with me just fine.

Anyone else have this problem? Or have heard of it and care to explain whats happening? ;_;
    Please and thank you.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    i heard that in violet city you can change your sprite that is shown while trading. does anyone know who i can talk to in the game to change my sprite? cause i'm an old lady. -_-'

Melon

シエラ !✿
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    i heard that in violet city you can change your sprite that is shown while trading. does anyone know who i can talk to in the game to change my sprite? cause i'm an old lady. -_-'

The person is in the pokemon center. by the steps going up to the second floor. he's in red.

Years
    Where is the guy that helps pokemon remember moves? I need to find him or her. I'm evolving my precious shinyeevee with adamant nature and perfect attack iv into a flareon. Is it good if I let it learn fire fang, since it's a physical attack

Last edited:

Melon

シエラ !✿
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Where is the guy that helps pokemon remember moves? I need to find him or her. I'm evolving my precious shinyeevee with adamant nature and perfect attack iv into a flareon. Is it good if I let it learn fire fang, since it's a physical attack

He's in blackthrone city.

Since fire fang is the only physcial fire attack that it can learn, then yes. Its the best attack for Flareon. ^_^

Back