• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Alright, thank you, also, what is the best way to track down the roaming legendaries, I know we have them on the map, but should I just go to a spot where I can change routes easily then keep checking the map?

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    Alright, thank you, also, what is the best way to track down the roaming legendaries, I know we have them on the map, but should I just go to a spot where I can change routes easily then keep checking the map?
    Pretty much that is your best option, sometimes you run into them quickly and sometimes you have to do it for quite a bit. Latias was the hardest roaming legendary to track down for me. >_>

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    OK, IF you have seen them before then you can check your pokedex and search for its "Location"

The best way to Catch them is not to chase them, but, to let them chase you.
    I suggest you go to Violet City (Since it has 3 differant crossroads) Map In/out and check the pokedex. They should come to you sooner or later. Then when you see them in Sight (Route's 31,32,36) Go on the hunt, You should be able to catch them, but be prepared. (Ultra Balls*30~50*, ShadowTag/ArenaTrap or a Quick Sleep and sombody with False Swipe and tons of HP) **Just some suggestions

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    You should be able to catch them, but be prepared. (Ultra Balls*30~50*, ShadowTag/ArenaTrap or a Quick Sleep and sombody with False Swipe and tons of HP) **Just some suggestions

Just as clarification, putting a roaming legendary to sleep will no longer keep it from escaping, so you're going to have to bring a trapper (Mean Looker or the other methods mentioned above) to keep it in battle.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Okay, so ive finished the game, battled PKMN Trainer Red and got my Kanto starter. what else can i do? PM me with answers please

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Have you tried getting a Sinnoh starter as well? D:

Not Sinnoh, Hoenn.

Did you get a Hoenn Starter from Steven at Silph Co.?

If so, there's not much left you can do. Maybe the Breeding Challenge (click my trainer card in my signature to go to it)?

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Hello. So I just bought Soul Silver a couple of weeks ago and until tonight I was SRing for a shiny Chikorita. But I decided to give up and now I am just past giving the mystery egg to Prof. Elm.

However I just still somewhat eager to have my Chikorita shiny. Is there a trick I can do to make it shiny while already in my team? I thought I have seen them before for the original second generation games.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Hello. So I just bought Soul Silver a couple of weeks ago and until tonight I was SRing for a shiny Chikorita. But I decided to give up and now I am just past giving the mystery egg to Prof. Elm.

However I just still somewhat eager to have my Chikorita shiny. Is there a trick I can do to make it shiny while already in my team? I thought I have seen them before for the original second generation games.

Hmm I don't think that's possible. Unless you PokéSAV it. ._.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I Don't know if someone Already asked this,
    but.

To trade from GBA Games, Just need to be at palpark and have the other game in the DS?

Back