• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
Years
  • There's no way to know for sure based on those numbers. I'd say just get another 50+ EVs just to be sure of yourself (which hopefully brings you up to the 255 max), or reset your EVs back down to 100 and try again.

Well if anything i can just go back and kill some more since I'm now just fighting goldeen, but I am writing down how many goldeen I'm killing so that should not be a problem. Also where is the girl that tells you if you got the 510 Ev points?

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • Well if anything i can just go back and kill some more since I'm now just fighting goldeen, but I am writing down how many goldeen I'm killing so that should not be a problem. Also where is the girl that tells you if you got the 510 Ev points?

In a house in Blackthorn City. I think it's the house closer towards the Ice Path.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
  • Question, i just got my effort ribbon for my snorlax, now does that mean i got 255 ev points on one stat? Or that i got all 510?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Awesome! Now for my next question, i hear that after you have fully Ev trained you're pokemon it is alright to go ahead and use rare candy's, since you maxed out the stats you wanted. Is this true?

Yes it's true. Fighting wild Pokemon to level no longer will make the Pokemon "stronger" than using rare candies since you can't get any more EVs.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Last question, i don't remember so well but when you give pokemon exp.share he gets double exp for battling with it right?
    No, I know this...

If you give a pokemon XP share to hold, And you use a diffrent pokemon in battle and only use that one pokemon without the Xp share at the end of the battle the XP will be halfed, Half will go to the pokemon that battled and half goes to the one with XP share.
    So for example..
    You put XP share on pokemon B, And you go into a wild pokemon battle , And you one hit kill the wild pokemon with pokemon A, and you get 200xp, 100 xp will go to pokemon A and 100 xp will go to pokemon B because B has XP share.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
  • No, I know this...

If you give a pokemon XP share to hold, And you use a diffrent pokemon in battle and only use that one pokemon without the Xp share at the end of the battle the XP will be halfed, Half will go to the pokemon that battled and half goes to the one with XP share.
    So for example..
    You put XP share on pokemon B, And you go into a wild pokemon battle , And you one hit kill the wild pokemon with pokemon A, and you get 200xp, 100 xp will go to pokemon A and 100 xp will go to pokemon B because B has XP share.

I know that much, what i mean is (sorry for being so Vague the first time) if the pokemon carrying it will get 2 times more exp. Example: My Snorlax is holding exp.share and his fighting an other pokemon, then he gets 2x more exp right?

Years
  • Nope. If you battle with only a Pokemon that is holding an Exp. Share, it won't get Double Exp.
    Only thing that does something like that is the Lucky Egg found on Wild Chansey. Who can be found in the Safari Zone and Routes 13, 14, and 15.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
  • Hey guys me again with some more questions XD this time i need to know where can i get the Ev lowering berries. Thanks in advance =P

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • Pomeg (HP)
    - Give a Red Shard to the Juggler in Fuchsia
    - Found in Hoenn Field and Beyond the Sea routes of the Pokéwalker

Kelpsy (Attack)
    - Give a Blue Shard to the Juggler in Fuchsia
    - Found in Hoenn Field and Beyond the Sea routes of the Pokéwalker

Qualot (Defense)
    - Found in Hoenn Field and Big Forest routes of the Pokéwalker

Hondew (Special Attack)
    - Give a Green Shard to the Juggler in Fuchsia
    - Found in Big Forest route of the Pokéwalker

Grepa (Special Defense)
    - Give a Yellow Shard to the Juggler in Fuchsia

Tamato (Speed)

All EV berries
    - Held by various Pokémon in Amity Meadow route of the Pokéwalker

Without the Pokéwalker (or other games to trade from), Qualot and Tamato are the only ones you should have trouble getting.

Posted this earlier in this very thread. xD

Should add that Kelpsy can be stolen from Erika's Victreebel during a rematch.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
  • The game is smart. Most attempts to cheat the game by changing the clock will result in failure. You'll have to wait for the time to pass by naturally.
    I see, i thought it would work since if you change the date to what you want it to be it also works in the game. I'm guessing they take a very long time to grow right?

Macy123

Casual Indeed
    Years
  • If you recorded the IVs of your Pokémon beforehand, you can pretty much check by doing a little math with the IVs and the Pokémon's stats at level 100. Otherwise, there's no way to check how many EVs are in a particular stat, so it's important to keep track yourself, perhaps with paper to help. (really miss the Pokétch to help with this)

As for Proteins and other vitamins, they give 10 EVs each, but only work if that stat has less than 100 EVs already in it. If it has no effect, all that means is there's already 100 or more EVs in it, and it doesn't necessarily mean the stat is already maxed out.

Btw, although 252 is more efficient, it can be a lot of trouble to obsess over, and I personally don't mind just going all out to 255 sometimes. Up to you~ x_x
    Does having the Pokerus give additional EV?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2013
    I'm trying to get Blue's number and to get it you have to have Daisy groom your Pokemon 5 times. Problem is, I have already done it 3 times, but it's not letting me do it anymore. I tried it a little past 3 today, but all she said was "I always have tea around this time. Come join me." This has been happening for the past 2 days :/ I tried changing the enternal clock on the DS so I could get this quicker but that doesn't work either. Is there a way to do it really fast? Do you know why it's not working? Thank you in advance :)

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • I see, i thought it would work since if you change the date to what you want it to be it also works in the game. I'm guessing they take a very long time to grow right?

The EV berries take 32 hours to fully mature. You can cut down the wait time by using Growth Mulch, but that makes the soil dry up faster, too. You'll want to stay on top of watering so the harvest is at its max of 5 berries for each planted EV berry.

Does having the Pokerus give additional EV?

Yes, it doubles the EVs you receive from the fainted Pokémon.

I'm trying to get Blue's number and to get it you have to have Daisy groom your Pokemon 5 times. Problem is, I have already done it 3 times, but it's not letting me do it anymore. I tried it a little past 3 today, but all she said was "I always have tea around this time. Come join me." This has been happening for the past 2 days :/ I tried changing the enternal clock on the DS so I could get this quicker but that doesn't work either. Is there a way to do it really fast? Do you know why it's not working? Thank you in advance :)

The first time it happened, did you perhaps change the internal clock for some other reason, or perhaps use a different DS? The game knows when you're changing the internal clock (or using a DS with a different time than the DS it is synced with), so it makes up for it by making the event unavailable. Best to wait it out legitimately, or at the very least, change it to 23:59 and wait 15 hours and 1 minute for the next opportunity~

Edit: Actually, found a way to do it through internal clock abuse.

a post from elsewhere =X said:
    1. Get 1st Massage from Daisy by setting clock to 23:59, let it roll over to 00:00, save, then set clock to after 15:00, load game and get massage. save game.

2. Set clock to 23:59 and load game ASAP

3. Change lead pokemon after getting first massage and go to route 1. let clock roll over to 00:00 and come back to Pallet Town. save game.

4. Set clock to after 15:00 and load game. Go to route 1 and come back. Enter Daisy's house and get massage. save game.

5. Repeat process of doing this, changing the lead pokemon every time and she will give you Blue's number on the 7th time you talk to her. You can also get a 7th massage afterwards.

Last edited:
    Back