• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I have the orange smiley face. Awesome! XD;

Thanks. :D

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Is there any way to know if a pokemon that you got was from action replay codes?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • alright not really HG/SS specific but anyway what is the easiest way to find my Secret ID?
    Have a non-chained, non-bred, random encounter shiny (soft-resets count, as does the Gyarados iirc) and find its IVs. After that is a bit of math and deduction, though I believe there are some applets that will do it for you (check RNG Reporter's website).

Is there any way to know if a pokemon that you got was from action replay codes?
    You can't always tell if it's from AR specifically, but there are ways to check if it's hacked.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2022
    Well, I got my new Torchic from Steven, I leveled it up to level 16 (it leveled up during battle ;). But it fainted right after. I leveled it up to level 17 and it evolved but it wouldn't learn Double Kick. Any help?

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Ok, this is making me mad. So I've been trying to evolve my eevee into an umbreon but it just won't! I've been putting it in the poke'walker because I heard that would make it friendlier quicker. And I've been leveling it up once a night. and I have a sooth bell on it. And I've been keeping it in the fornt of my party for about five days. If I am doing anything wrong, please tell me. And I figure talking to it would tell me how happy it is, but I'm not sure what I'm waiting for. Please help.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Have you been walking in your PokéWalker? It'll only gain happiness if you actually gain steps in it, and even then it's at the same rate as in-game. It doesn't need to be at the front of your party, just in your party, and it shouldn't faint or be fed any of the "herbal supplements." Make sure you're checking the haircut brothers and getting a massage on a daily basis as well, since those can help.
    I don't remember how long it took for me to get my Eevee to evolve into Umbreon in SS, but I don't remember it being that long.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Ok, this is making me mad. So I've been trying to evolve my eevee into an umbreon but it just won't! I've been putting it in the poke'walker because I heard that would make it friendlier quicker. And I've been leveling it up once a night. and I have a sooth bell on it. And I've been keeping it in the fornt of my party for about five days. If I am doing anything wrong, please tell me. And I figure talking to it would tell me how happy it is, but I'm not sure what I'm waiting for. Please help.
    Take your Eevee to Blue's sister, Daisy Oak in Pallet Town and she will offer to give your Pokémon a massage from 3PM to 4PM on any day. This will increase your Eevee's happiness. You can also give it a haircut by the haircut brothers in Goldenrod. Good luck buddy. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Any of you guys know an easy way to earn BP? Frickin Calm Mind is pissing me off.

48?! There must be an easier way?

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Have you been walking in your PokéWalker? It'll only gain happiness if you actually gain steps in it, and even then it's at the same rate as in-game. It doesn't need to be at the front of your party, just in your party, and it shouldn't faint or be fed any of the "herbal supplements." Make sure you're checking the haircut brothers and getting a massage on a daily basis as well, since those can help.
    I don't remember how long it took for me to get my Eevee to evolve into Umbreon in SS, but I don't remember it being that long.

Thanks. I totaly forgot about the haircut dudes. And I am walking with the poke'walker. I get roughly 10,000 steps a day. Is that enough?

Take your Eevee to Blue's sister, Daisy Oak in Pallet Town and she will offer to give your Pokémon a massage from 3PM to 4PM on any day. This will increase your Eevee's happiness. You can also give it a haircut by the haircut brothers in Goldenrod. Good luck buddy. ;)

I haven't got passed the sixth gym yet, Workin on it. I want an Umbreon for the first member of the E4.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I tried using ar to see my secret id and nothing showed up. Does anyone know how to get the secret id using ar or any other way?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I'm catching loads of Ditto right now for breeding. Which natures should I absolutely keep? Box space is too recious to keep all natures. Thank you.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I'm catching loads of Ditto right now for breeding. Which natures should I absolutely keep? Box space is too recious to keep all natures. Thank you.

There are the four most used ones, Modest, Adamant, Timid, and Jolly. The others depend on what kind of pokemon you will want to breed, so I can't be too specific on those.

Get a second opinion though, I don't know much about natures. :P

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I'm catching loads of Ditto right now for breeding. Which natures should I absolutely keep? Box space is too recious to keep all natures. Thank you.
    You can release any Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky or Serious ones. Those five natures are "neutral", as in, they aren't really beneficial in any way.

Adamant, Jolly, Bold, Timid, Impish, Modest, Naive and Hasty are all commonly used, but I'm sure every other nature has its use in some way.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    You can release any Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky or Serious ones. Those five natures are "neutral", as in, they aren't really beneficial in any way.

Adamant, Jolly, Bold, Timid, Impish, Modest, Naive and Hasty are all commonly used, but I'm sure every other nature has its use in some way.

dont listen to him bout the neutral natures

neutral natures are a great way to breed pokemon to get their stats more even
    i say keep at least 1neutral nature :P

Back