• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Pokegear.net

The Pokegear
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    Heracross is in headbutt trees across most of Johto and Kanto, try Route 44 in Johto.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    To add on to the "Headbutt trees for Heracross" posts:

Heracross is found in trees on Routes: 7, 11, 16, 28, 33, 42, 44, 45, 46, 47; and in Azalea Town, Vermilion City, Celadon City, and Mt. Silver.

Xynic

Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    where can i SEE heracross in ss? or i'll just trade for it
    You have to learn Headbutt from a guy in the Ilex Forest just south of GoldenRod City. Then turn a little east and jump off the ledge and turn east and go all the way down. After you taught one of your pokemon Headbutt. Then Heabutt trees in the following locations: Route 7, Route 16, Route 28, Route 33, Route 42, Route 44, Route 45, Route 46, Route 47, Azalea Town, Vermilion City, Celadon City, Mt. Silver

I currently have 6. Getting more since None of them had the Adamant nature. I found 3 in a row pretty quickly, and I found 5 in 10 minutes.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • You have to learn Headbutt from a guy in the Ilex Forest just south of GoldenRod City. Then turn a little east and jump off the ledge and turn east and go all the way down. After you taught one of your pokemon Headbutt. Then Heabutt trees in the following locations: Route 7, Route 16, Route 28, Route 33, Route 42, Route 44, Route 45, Route 46, Route 47, Azalea Town, Vermilion City, Celadon City, Mt. Silver

I currently have 6. Getting more since None of them had the Adamant nature. I found 3 in a row pretty quickly, and I found 5 in 10 minutes.

are there only certain pines that yield pokemon, cuz i just went through the entier viridian forest headbutting and didn't see a single pokemon. is it just a chance and i'm an unlucky b****rd?

Xynic

Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    are there only certain pines that yield pokemon, cuz i just went through the entier viridian forest headbutting and didn't see a single pokemon. is it just a chance and i'm an unlucky b****rd?
    Well, it depends which Pokemon you're looking for.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • are there only certain pines that yield pokemon, cuz i just went through the entier viridian forest headbutting and didn't see a single pokemon. is it just a chance and i'm an unlucky b****rd?

If a tree doesn't produce a Pokemon the first time you Headbutt it, it never will. Go around Viridian Forest until you find one that does.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    You have to learn Headbutt from a guy in the Ilex Forest just south of GoldenRod City. Then turn a little east and jump off the ledge and turn east and go all the way down. After you taught one of your pokemon Headbutt. Then Heabutt trees in the following locations: Route 7, Route 16, Route 28, Route 33, Route 42, Route 44, Route 45, Route 46, Route 47, Azalea Town, Vermilion City, Celadon City, Mt. Silver

thanks...and the reason i said "see" in caps is because i thought it was hg exclusive ha

and would a high defense nature be good for it, since most flying moves are physical i think? or just a coba berry

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • How can you evolve Feebas?
    I mean, how can you max his Beauty in HGSS?
    There is no poffin or pokebloc to do that :S

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • ^ With Daisy's massages. Every massage raises the Beauty stat by 1/8 of it's maximum, so in 8 days you will get your Milotic.
    Daisy gives massages from 3pm to 4pm every day.

Years
  • Where on the internet could/should I go for detailed maps for the caves in HeartGold?

Locally speaking, 'hint books' are rather trig to find :(

Years
  • They don't multiply EVs, they add on 4 EVs of the stat they say they raise.

For example:
    Battling a Sentret (1 Atk) while holding the Power Anklet (Speed) will result in 1 Atk EV and 4 Speed EVs.
    Battling a Ratatta (1 Spe) while holding the Power Anklet (Speed) will result in 5 Speed EVs (Ratatta's + the 4 from the Power Anklet).

Pokegear.net

The Pokegear
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010

One more thing, I don't think Viridian Forest has any pokemon in its trees at all. But I haven't tested it. Like Astinus said they are found in routes 7, 11, 16, 28, 33, 42, 44, 45, 46, 47; and in Azalea Town, Vermilion City, Celadon City, and Mt. Silver.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Does Anyone Know How To Fix Crack On PokeWalker? O:

Does anyone know how to fix one tiny crack on a PokeWalker? O: I really dislike the look. >:

Back