• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
  • I want to get an admanent beldum. How do I breed it in soul silver? Please let me know. thanks.

the only way you can make a bred pokemon have a certain nature is by getting a pokemon with the nature you want, making it hold an everstone, and breeding it with another compatible pokemon. and that only works to 50%. (neither pokemon can be traded from different countries).

--------------------

so in other words, get a female [beldum, metang, or metagross] and a father, and make sure one of them had the adament nature and neither is traded from a foreign country. also make sure the parent with the adamant nature is holding an everstone. breed in the daycare, and the baby will have 50% chance of having an adament nature. keep breeding till you get a baby with an adamant nature if you don't get it the first time

alternately, the [beldum, metang, or metagross] can be either gender, and the other parent a ditto. either parent has to have an adamant nature. neither parent can be from a foreign country. the pokemon with the adamant nature has to hold an everstone. breed at the daycare, and the baby has a 50& chance of having an adamant nature. keep trying till you get one if the first one doesn't

alternately the [b, m, or m] can be female, and the other parent any compatible father. or, the [b, m, or m] can be male if the father is a ditto. either or both parents can be from foreign countries. breed at the daycare and the nature of the baby will be completely random. keep breeding until you get a baby with an adamant nature if you don't get one the first time

EDIT: sorry, as astinus below me said, the beldum line is genderless. so:

you NEED a [beldum, metang, or metagross], and a ditto.

if: one of them has an adament nature, that same pokemon is holding an everstone, and neither pokemon are traded from foreign countries, breed in the daycare and the baby beldum has a 50% chance of having an adament nature. if it doesn't, keep breeding and one will come very soon.

if: neither has an everstone, breed them and the baby will have a random gender. you'll have to keep breeding until one has an adamant nature. this could take any amount of time

----------------------------------------------------

hope that helps 8D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    male pokemon can breed male pokemon.
    Two ways to answer this, because I think you accidentally a word:

Male Pokemon can breed, but only with a Ditto if you want the egg to hatch as the same species of the father. Some Pokemon are male-only, so they need Ditto in order to create eggs. Same with genderless Pokemon, you'll need a Ditto in order to create an egg.

Unless the baby isn't one of the male-only Pokemon species, the baby will follow the gender ratios of its species. For instance, the ratio for Elekid leans for the Pokemon to be male more than female. Each Pokemon species has a gender ratio.

But the breeding rules is that in a male/female Pokemon pairing, the resulting egg will be the lowest stage of evolution in the mother's species (and yes, I'm aware of the Incenses, but we'll keep things simple right now). So when you were asking for an Elekid that knew moves from a Machop, the way you originally had the pairing would have resulted in a Machop. But switching the genders around of the parent Pokemon would get you an Elekid.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF I'M ALWAYS NINJA'D

female [beldum, metang, or metagross]
    Isn't the Beldum line genderless, and so you can't get a female one? I've checked three sites, and they've all said genderless. So ltsang needs to breed with Ditto because that's the only way the Beldum line can breed, right?

Years
  • lol yes the beldum is genderless. I was meant for the nature. Also I know that the gym leaders is hold an items, but what is it. Where can I find online that each gym leaders has an item hold in it. I know saw it before, but I forgot to save it. Thanks.

Years
  • I've been trying to evolve my pichu into a pikachu. I've can't I don't know what I did wrong. I met the picu at level 10 through a trade. Then I have level it up to level 14 with an expshare and giving it raising stats thing. I have also tried the sooth bell. Anyone got any more ideas on evolving it. I'm not a great breeder. heheh sorry.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • its happiness has to be maxed and 4 levels are not enough put it in the front of your party with a soothe bell and switch it out when you battle don't let it faint it just takes time is all.

I think the haircut brothers raise hapiness but I'm not sure.

Years
  • I went to route 38 to try to catch a burmy, The weird green looking pokemon that look almost look like small Christmas tree that you put on the table. Is he in the bushes or the grass. It took me a while and I still can't find one. The pokedex says it is in route 38. Let me know. Thanks. I'm trying to completing my pokedex instead of battling the same pokemon over and over again.

Also the serebii says head butt a special tree. Where is the special tree?

Years
  • burmy's tree is locted on a cliff in route 38. after you climb the cliff go east. there, you'll find burmy's tree.
    oh, and you need rock climb to go to burmy's tree!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've been trying to evolve my pichu into a pikachu. I've can't I don't know what I did wrong. I met the picu at level 10 through a trade. Then I have level it up to level 14 with an expshare and giving it raising stats thing. I have also tried the sooth bell. Anyone got any more ideas on evolving it. I'm not a great breeder. heheh sorry.

you have to max out its happiness.

the easiest way to max out happiness is by finding a happiness raising berry (i.e. pomeg or kelpsy or one of the other three) and planting it. make sure to water it a lot and then collect the berries when it's ready, replant and get more berries, etc until you have about a bunch of berries, about 50 if you haven't worked with the pokemon on happiness at all. pichu will probably need about 30.
    >> this can take a while to get enough berries. unless you get one of those fertilizers from the berry master left of hearthrome (sinnoh) or next to the goldenrod gym (johto). one of the fertilizers speeds up berry growth I think

once you have enough berries, feed them to pichu until it won't take anymore, that's how you know the happiness is maxed out. don't worry about over feeding it because you can't. when the happiness has been maxed out it will say "It won't have any effect" and the berry won't be used.

another note: each of the 5 happiness berries lowers a stat. but not lower like you're probably thinking; the actual stat doesn't get lowered, just an ev of the stat. so if your pichu has two attack evs and you use a pomeg berry twice, those two evs will go away. but from there, it will just say "The attack stat can't go lower".
    >> a good idea would be to use the berries when the pichu has recently leveled up, so you won't lose any of the evs you have built up <<

as a side note, this actually makes these berries very useful for ev training. if you accidentally get the wrong ev from killing an enemy pokemon of say the atk stat, when you need sp atk evs, and you can't get any atk ones, the pomeg berry will delete this ev. and make the pokemon happier :)

I use this method a lot for pokemon that evolve by happiness. it's the best, quickest, easiest way to do it, in my opinion.

happy planting!! :D

Years
  • Just plain luck. You get it by battling wild Pokémon, with the probability being lower than getting a random shiny.

METHOD ONE
    what he said. just luck. if you want to get pokerus, the best thing you can do is just start battling tons of wild pokemon. like go left of new bark town (johto) or the path of grass at lake verity (sinnoh) where the pokemon are weak and easily gone through so you can get at quicker, and just devote a few hours to trying to get pokerus. and hope you get it because a few hours probably aren't enough. good luck with that!

METHOD TWO
    just play normally and hope to god, pray every night, that a miracle happens and you come across a pokemon with pkrs

METHOD THREE
    heh, the first method will be very long, boring, and annoying (unintentional rhyme). the second method is just shy of totally impossible (not completely impossible because once, long ago, it happened to me. I didn't know what happened though because I was young and I lost it). a third method you can try is what I do now: I raise every pokemon I get (I think I've said this before), so, long story short I end up battling A LOT of pokemon. and during that time I usually come across pkrs or shinies (I got pokerus in diamond and found a shiny hoppip in hg...and will soon probably get pokerus there too).

try whichever method you like. or none at all (method 2. or stop playing pokemon!).

Years
  • I was training my dragonite last night. Is it possible that dragonite has an attack power of 314. That is how much I have it? The level is 98. Is this normal. I started it out with an dragonair. It is caught in the dragon's den. let me know. thanks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I was training my dragonite last night. Is it possible that dragonite has an attack power of 314. That is how much I have it? The level is 98. Is this normal. I started it out with an dragonair. It is caught in the dragon's den. let me know. thanks.
    In general terms, Dragonite has a base Attack stat of 134. So it's possible for it to have an Attack stat that high. Depending on Dragonite's Attack IV and how many EVs you invest in its Attack, its Attack will be higher (or lower).

Back