• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
  • ok cool now I have another stupid question what is a object to place down? Do i get it later in game after i get nationaldex or what? Thank you for your help :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • ok cool now I have another stupid question what is a object to place down? Do i get it later in game after i get nationaldex or what? Thank you for your help :D
    An "object" is an item you place in the Safari Zone after obtaining the National Dex. If you put a certain amount of a particular object in a particular area of the Safari Zone, new Pokemon will appear in that area after a certain period of time. For example, if you put 21 Forest objects in the Sahara area of the Safari Zone, Breloom will appear after you wait 20 days.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • For the thread i made, i just have one question, who are the shiny beasts?

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=236530
    The shiny beasts are the legendary trio in Suicune, Raikou and Entei. (The three are often referred to as the johto/legendary beasts, and less commonly the legendary cats/dogs/gerbils...I'm not kidding on the last one either).

They were only releasd in Japan but not that long before b&w for Japan. They came with some exclusive moves as well (e.g. Raikou with Aura Sphere), and unlock an in-game event involving Zoroark in B&W when moved to those games.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • The shiny beasts are the legendary trio in Suicune, Raikou and Entei. (The three are often referred to as the johto/legendary beasts, and less commonly the legendary cats/dogs/gerbils...I'm not kidding on the last one either).

They were only releasd in Japan but not that long before b&w for Japan. They came with some exclusive moves as well (e.g. Raikou with Aura Sphere), and unlock an in-game event involving Zoroark in B&W when moved to those games.

But i thought HGSS were not compatible with BW?

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Hey, is there by any chance an item in this game that prevents the pokemon from getting confused? Thanks. :)

Years
  • I defeated Pryce then prof elm called me to tell me tat the radio has probs.
    I went to goldenrod city then i dun noe wat to do nxt
    Can any1 help?

You obviously have beaten the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town to have been able to get into the gym.
    What you need to do is get to Goldenrod, go down into the Underground Tunnel part of the city and find the Rocket Grunt in there.
    He will fit you up in a Rocket uniform as a new recruit which will allow you to get into the Radio Tower and continue the story.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Does Guard Spc. also protect against confusion?
    But i thought HGSS were not compatible with BW?
    You can move Pokemon from HGSS to B&W games, but not the other way around (like with 3rd and 4th gen games - you can move to the 'higher' gen but you can't go back).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ah, yes, that's right, derp. Although another item that does gt rid of confusion is the Yellow Flute (and is reusable! but cannot be held and used by the Pokemon methinks).

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Thanks guys! Does anybody know where you can obtain the yellow flute though? :)

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Rhyperior: Solid Rock

For Rhyperior, how does he get the ability Solid Rock? As far as I know, the previous evolutions dont have it, and so does he get it when he evolves? Or do you need some requirement, so he doesn't get lightning rod? So, is it just mere chance?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    For Rhyperior, how does he get the ability Solid Rock? As far as I know, the previous evolutions dont have it, and so does he get it when he evolves? Or do you need some requirement, so he doesn't get lightning rod? So, is it just mere chance?
    Rock head becomes solid rock. Just compare Rhydon's abilities to Rhyperior's. Whichever ability is present in Rhydon that isn't in Rhyperior is the one that becomes solid rock.

Back