• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
  • Letters. you can give pokemon letters y'know

Yes, well, I know you can give letters to pokemon, but you can't give items to letters. Only to pokemon. And since he is asking if you can give maxed items (still not sure what he means there) to letters to transfer to HG, i am quite sure he meant some kind of pokemon.

Years
  • I have question. Since staryu does not have any gender is he breedable. Because I want to re do my staryu from fresh start. I caught one at level 40.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    How long after you do the first task in the safari zone does Baoba call you back for the 2nd task?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • How long after you do the first task in the safari zone does Baoba call you back for the 2nd task?
    I think it is somewhat random - just keep playing and he'll call you sooner or later.

Years
  • hello guys...

i already caught kyogre in heartgold and want to catch the groudon in soulsilver soon..( after complete national dex )

question:
    can i get the rayquaza in soulsilver after i catch the groudon..?

Years
  • hello guys...

i already caught kyogre in heartgold and want to catch the groudon in soulsilver soon..( after complete national dex )

question:

Yes Because I caught one last week, but you need digla, palkia, and the other legendary before you can get it. But you need both kryogue and gurdon to show it to oak.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Hey guys, this may have been asked before, but I'm wondering, is there a way to have LV100 battles with a friend (with anyone not LV100 getting rounded up) outside of WiFi? Since we're in a dorm, it's hard to connect to the WiFi service we get because it's pretty lame, and I thought doing a Flat Battle would at least round everyone up to LV50 (instead of just >LV50s, as I found out after reading the info). And I thought there would've been a way to do it at the second-floor Colosseum.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    hello guys...

question:

I think you have to have both kyogre and groudon on the same game, and talk to Oak. He then gives you a jade orb that makes rayquaza appear in the same place where you catch kyogre and groudon.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Yes Because I caught one last week, but you need digla, palkia, and the other legendary before you can get it. But you need both kryogue and gurdon to show it to oak.

^This is wrong. To get rayquaza you have to have already defeated red and have both kyogre and groudon to bring to oak and he will give you the jade orb. After you get the jade orb you can go to embedded tower and rayquaza should be there.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • ^This is wrong. To get rayquaza you have to have already defeated red and have both kyogre and groudon to bring to oak and he will give you the jade orb. After you get the jade orb you can go to embedded tower and rayquaza should be there.

Just adding to this, Kyogre and Groudon must both be from that tower place in HGSS. Embedded tower, I think it was? So you have to trade for one of them.

Hey guys, this may have been asked before, but I'm wondering, is there a way to have LV100 battles with a friend (with anyone not LV100 getting rounded up) outside of WiFi? Since we're in a dorm, it's hard to connect to the WiFi service we get because it's pretty lame, and I thought doing a Flat Battle would at least round everyone up to LV50 (instead of just >LV50s, as I found out after reading the info). And I thought there would've been a way to do it at the second-floor Colosseum.

Unfortunately, no, there is not. Sorry.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello. I'm trying to ev train my monferno and I couldn't find a good spot. I'll looking forward to train it in attack. The seakings on route 44 by Wilton fisherman isn't working. I keep loosing to his waterfall attack. Any other ideas would a precipitate it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hello. I'm trying to ev train my monferno and I couldn't find a good spot. I'll looking forward to train it in attack. The seakings on route 44 by Wilton fisherman isn't working. I keep loosing to his waterfall attack. Any other ideas would a precipitate it.
    Try Route 32, where you can find Ekans (SoulSilver) and Bellsprout. They give 1 EV in Attack.

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    I'm wondering out of curiosity, can you get Silver's (your rival's) phone number in HG/SS?
    I think, I read this somewhere so I figured, I ask here^^

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • In means Pokerus is dormant, meaning it cannot spreadm but the events on Evs remain the same is it it was regular Pokerus.

mic000899

Amateur Trainer
    Years
  • Does the game or ds lite know that it's day light saving times? I've noticed the clock didn't change..
    Also I caught a ditto last night and it somehow got my beedrill's move set LOL. I'm guessing this was a glitch..?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Does the game or ds lite know that it's day light saving times? I've noticed the clock didn't change..
    Also I caught a ditto last night and it somehow got my beedrill's move set LOL. I'm guessing this was a glitch..?

no, the DS doesn't change time accordingly. Ull have to do that manually.
    Also, that ditto is something awesome. I have no idea how you did that or how come that happened, but I am guessing at a glitch.

Back