• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS Most difficult part of the game?

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    What do you think was the hardest part of the game?
    Catching pokemon?
    Training pokemon?
    Victory road?
    Kanto Region?
    And so on.....

Mine was probably Kanto Region.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I got through Kanto fairly quickly. I think my main problem with the games was the level grinding. I know it was probably necessary since there are two whole regions to get through but training for the Pokémon League killed me. I made sure all of my team were at level 50 before I challenged the League but I had to train 7-8 levels with most of my Pokémon. The storyline was great but I don't think I could go through all of that grinding again. It was so tedious and levels were difficult to gain.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Huh? Difficult...? Nothing was difficult, no offense. =/

Emperte

はがねタイプ
    Years
    Ohmahgawd, Red was a pain in my Articuno. Don't mind my highest level was 53, I couldn't take the constant pain so I just took Mewtwo and run him over. And even with Mewtwo I had to challenge him several times and make adjustments to held items. Stoopid Red >.>

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
    I tried and tried and tried and tried, but I still have yet to catch Articuno. :p Eventually, I just left the cave. I didn't think it would cause me that much trouble.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    The only problem I experienced throughout HG/SS was battling Clair.
    My Pokemon were no good against dragon-types.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Nothing was really that hard, except grinding to make sure I was ahead of the game. Takes lots of time and the level curve is still bad.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I had a hard time leveling up my Pokemon since the Pokemon in Johto weren't as strong as I hopped. Once I headed over to Kanto, my Pokemon where 10 levels lower which was annoying as heck when it came to the Pokemon battles. The main thing I had a hard time with was fighting the electric type gym leader and also taken down Red and Blue. Red was annoying as heck to take down and had taken me forever to defeat him. Blue was annoying as well since he had different types of Pokemon, not just one main type of Pokemon like the other gym leaders. Other then that, everything seemed fine to me.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I only had trouble grinding without VS. Seeker. I remember looking at serebii for trainers that I could call on weekdays. Though sometimes, I would switch days forward on my DS. XD I also, actually, had trouble with catching them all. I was trying to get every single pokemon possible in HG. Some pokemon were by swarm, so I kept trying to switch days, but sometimes it would be relicanth, and then the next day would be ditto, then relicanth again. So it was a bit annoying looking for that snubbull.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I think sabrina gave me the most trouble, even more than red did if you can believe it. alot of my pokemon didn't have very great special defence, and my one good special tank was weak to espeons shadow ball. It took me quite a few tries, but i never had that much trouble again.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Leveling up was a challenge seeing that there wasnt a Vs. seeker :[

But to tell you the truth, getting through the whirl islands and tin tower were tough enough for me.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    The most difficult part for me was; and always has been; Whitney.

Her and her cow.

I found that difficult too. It took me ages to train up my Nidorina just to beat her.

I also found it hard to try and find a Larvitar and a Marill on Soul Silver.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Hardest for me was catching larvitar and Murkrow in the safari zone. Whitney was very easy since I used a geodude against her.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Definitely Training for Red. I think the first time I challenged him I beat him, but I must have gotten Lucky, cuz I haven't beaten him since.

Back