• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone!

Years
  • New here so thought I'd say a few things about myself: I'm from England, my favourite game was Pokemon Ruby and my favourite Pokemon is Xatu- just think Xatu looks so cool! I played upto Emerald when I was younger and kinda stopped playing for a while, but picked up Pokemon Yellow again recently and loved it so here I am now. It even encouraged me to start re-watching the anime again and buy a copy of Omega Ruby (which I'm sad to say I'm not as far through the game as I'd like yet, but I'm really enjoying it). Looking forward to meeting all you fine people!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm glad you're enjoying Omega Ruby! You'll be able make new friends here! Your current name is 'KantoKid' I assume you love the Kanto region? Have you tried playing Pokémon XY? While it isn't as impressive as the Hoenn remakes on the plot department, the numerous shout out for Generation I games might make you like the Kalos region! :)

See you around! If you got questions and stuff, don't be afraid to ask the staff. They are friendly. ;)

Years
  • Nice to meet you! Yeah I love Kanto region, probably a lot cos it was my first one haha. I haven't tried XY just yet but when I have a little more free time then I'm sure I'd like to give it a try- thanks for the tips and welcome!

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • I'm not that big on Kanto, it's kinda bland but I can see why it has its fans because of the huge nostalgia value it holds. Welcome aboard by the way KantoKid!

Xatu is a very interesting pick for a fave Pokemon, given it's a Johto Pokemon. I do love the design of that thing to be honest, it's just so intriguing when you stare at it. How are you enjoying the games? I heard you're playing the Hoenn remakes, and that region also holds strong nostalgic value so I'm sure you'll love it, and maybe consider X/Y sometime given all the 1st Gen shoutouts in there.

I'm always here if you need help or just want to talk, but for now I'll catch you around!

Years
  • Hey there Kanto, welcome aboard the awesomeness that is known as PC. :')

Omg yeah. The Natu line is really cool but sadly underrated/underused, especially since they were kind of hard to catch in the Johto games due to being buried deep within that cave.. I always wanted to use one on my main team even if it was a bit of a hassle to get to. One of the best birds!

Glad you're enjoying OR/AS too, as a huge Hoenn fan that makes me especially happy. Be sure to stick around and possibly chronicle your adventures in the game in the ORAS Travel Journal if that interests you. Have fun!

Years
  • Just wanted to extend my thanks to you all for the warm welcome it's much appreciated!
    How are you enjoying the games? I heard you're playing the Hoenn remakes, and that region also holds strong nostalgic value so I'm sure you'll love it, and maybe consider X/Y sometime given all the 1st Gen shoutouts in there.
    Games are great so far, there's some nice changes between the original Ruby game and the new one- Mauville now is so different especially and I think the look of the game now is even better. I personally liked how they cut short parts of the game that dragged a little for me in the original like going through the cave in Dewford, so I'm not bored to tears with battles against millions of zubats anymore! One criticism I would add is it feels like levelling with Exp. share is a little too fast, although I might be way off with that opinion and I'm only working through earlyish towns at the moment.
    The Natu line is really cool but sadly underrated/underused, especially since they were kind of hard to catch in the Johto games due to being buried deep within that cave.. I always wanted to use one on my main team even if it was a bit of a hassle to get to. One of the best birds!
    haha i know just what you mean about the Johto games! Nice to see some more Xatu fans on here for sure XD
    Yellow is my fave Kanto game so hope you enjoyed it! And as others have advised, do try out XY!
    Thanks for the welcome :) Yeah, love Yellow as well that game+beyblade was basically my childhood summed up! All this love for Pokemon XY is really interesting in a good way- whenever I get chance to finally finish the games I'm on I'm sure I'll give it a try now!
    Cheers everyone, and see you all around!

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • Hey there, KantoKid! Welcome to the lovely forums that is PC! I certainly hope you enjoy yourself here and make lots of new friends. ^-^ The Xatu line is pretty awesome. <3 All in all, if you want someone to talk to, feel free to message me. c: See you around. <3

Years
  • Hi Lapis great to meet you as well- can't wait to get to know you all better! And another fan of the Xatu line- where have you all been in my life?! :D

Back