• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hi!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Hi! My name's Altairis; not sure if anyone still remembers or calls me Lapras :) I'm an 18 year old (I still can't get used to the fact that I'm an ADULT in some places) girl who spends too much time on the internet. There isn't a whole lot to me -- I like playing videogames like Zelda and Pokemon, and I watch too much anime and tv. I read really fast, so I also go through a lot of books. In school, I like studying science. I want to be a vet when I'm older. I also like designing things, but just as a hobby! For example, I designed the Sky High theme and I have my own graphics thread in A&D that I really need to update.

Dunno what else! I mod the awesome battle server with awesome people and best section, ORAS, with the best people, Peppers and Dave, and you should really check it out. I like people but I'm terrible at talking; even so, I'll try to answer each question! I also almost never get offended so you can go crazy idm

EDIT because a few people have asked me this: my name comes from the Japanese manga/anime series Fairy Tail; "altairis" is a spell that's supposed to be related to stars so that's why it sounds like "Altair" (name of a star and, apparently, some Assassin's Creed character)

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    How did you enter the world of competitive battling? Also, how on earth did you end up as a Battle Server Staff after all that confusion? xD

Favorite anime of all time?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    HI LAPRAS

Do you currently own any pets?

Favourite animals?

Is Lapras your favourite pokemon / why do you like it so much?

Who are your favourite anime characters?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    What is the meaning and/or significance behind your current username?

If you had to rank your top 5 favorite Legend of Zelda weapons, what would be the order and why?

What are your plans for college if any? What would you like to do as a career?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    How did you enter the world of competitive battling? Also, how on earth did you end up as a Battle Server Staff after all that confusion? xD

Favorite anime of all time?

I... honestly have no idea how I started competitive battling. I think I came across EVs on the internet, and then I researched about what it was and someone found myself on Pokemon Online at some random server and went from there? I cannot remember but something like that. xD

I had been telling Nica NOT to promote me then all of a sudden I was made a driver, but little did I know that I basically arrived right in the middle of the staff deciding to get rid of the driver rank altogether... so I was just promoted to mod a couple days later. I had been at the battle server since it was on Pokemon Online... which is a long time.

Favorite anime????? That is really tough. I pick Fairy Tail even though it's been so terrible lately and I hate the new studio animation... I love the fun atmosphere Fairy Tail and all of the characters and their adventures.

Lapras, which The Legend of Zelda games are your favorite so far?

Twilight Princess! I've replayed it like five times which is a giant waste of time but I really don't care. I just love the atmosphere and the story and everything. I haven't 100% completed the game yet because I found all of the heart pieces except one and I looked up their locations online and I literally went to every single location and I can't find which one I missed and it's so sad

HI LAPRAS

Do you currently own any pets?

Favourite animals?

Is Lapras your favourite pokemon / why do you like it so much?

Who are your favourite anime characters?

SOPHIE!!! :3

I have three cats!! I love cats!! I love all animals though.

And Lapras actually isn't my favorite Pokemon; I like Dragon-types!! I think Sceptile or Grovyle is my favorite. I picked Lapras as a username because when I was signing up I had just been playing Mystery Dungeon Sky/Darkness/Time (can't remember which) for literally the 100th time and I was at the part with the Lapras so I thought why not because I'm bad at thinking of usernames

Favorite anime characters?? Yui Hirasawa from K-On, probably, because I always thought she was super funny. After that probably Kaori Miyazono from April is Your Lie because I really admire her personality then maybe... Misaka Mikoto from A Certain Scientific Railgun. I'll stop at three xD

What is the meaning and/or significance behind your current username?

If you had to rank your top 5 favorite Legend of Zelda weapons, what would be the order and why?

What are your plans for college if any? What would you like to do as a career?

Altairis is a magic spell from my favorite anime/manga, Fairy Tail. When I finally got tired of Lapras I knew I had to pick something that I really liked and ended up on the Fairy Tail wiki looking at magic spells. Altairis is a spell that is supposed to be related to the stars, which I thought was pretty cool (Altair is also a star). Some people mistake it for Altaria/Altarias which is okay because Altaria is a Dragon-type and therefore awesome.

Ok... weapons.
    5. Arrows of any sort. I always get so excited whenever I unlock the arrows because I kinda like fighting longer range and solving puzzles with the different arrows. I don't have a preferred arrow type, maybe Fire?
    4. The spinner can damage things so I'm counting this too. I remember the first time I played TP and I was expecting to find a more traditional weapon but I encountered the spinner and was very confused and unsure what to do with it but riding on it is very fun. Also, in HW it's very fun to use.
    3. Midna's shackes. I hope it's okay if I count Hyrule Warriors weapons in here because that gives me more options. I love using Midna in HW because her combos are just so fun and I love summoning a pack of wolves to do my bidding.
    2. Dominion Rod... counts as a weapon? Right? Anyway I thought the method of taking control of statues wicked cool and for some reason I really like the noise this weapon makes, which is kind of unrelated but anyway. It still remains unique to TP I think which is pretty awesome.
    1. Goron Mask counts cause you can damage enemies, right? Anyway when I first became the Goron I was disappointed at how slow Link becomes but rolling as a Goron is so fun. It's like a path of destruction and I love it. Punching things is okay too.
    Honorable mentions: Sword. You cannot go wrong with a classic sword but that would be boring if I included it. Also, Zelda's baton and Lana's book from HW are super fun, as is Link with Epona.

Biology is my favorite subject so I will likely be majoring in it in college on the pre-med track so I can go out to become a vet when I'm older. I know I want to do some form of medicine and I like animals so there ya go. I'm not totally discounting other options but I haven't loved any class as much as I loved my bio classes in high school.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Did you expect to get promoted on the site as an ORAS Moderator?

Has there ever been a point in your life when you felt you were at an all-time low?

If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would you choose and why?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Please update your A&D thread! You have such awesome graphics!

Honestly loved you Sky High theme - I remember using it at some point.
    In the future, would you make another theme for PC?

And whether you do have plans to make a new theme or not, if you could make anything into a theme at PC, what would you make? (doesn't have to be pokemon either xD)

What inspired you to take studies to become a vet? Anything in particular or just a love for Science/Bio and animals?

What makes ORAS the best section out of all the sections in PC?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    When do you plan to give me my "hella money?"
    ..S-soon...

Did you expect to get promoted on the site as an ORAS Moderator?

Has there ever been a point in your life when you felt you were at an all-time low?

If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would you choose and why?

My promotion came right out of the blue. I never expected to be promoted to moderator and ORAS was the last section I would guess because it already had two mods! I feel so lucky, though; I love ORAS ^_^

If there was ever a time like that it would probably be sometime earlier this school year/late 2014. I felt like I didn't have the energy to keep going on every day and my friend group was rearranging itself so I felt I had no one or I didn't feel comfortable enough talking to anyone about anything. I kinda picked myself up after that and now I'm more comfortable at school and other aspects ^_^

Please update your A&D thread! You have such awesome graphics!

Honestly loved you Sky High theme - I remember using it at some point.
    In the future, would you make another theme for PC?

And whether you do have plans to make a new theme or not, if you could make anything into a theme at PC, what would you make? (doesn't have to be pokemon either xD)

What inspired you to take studies to become a vet? Anything in particular or just a love for Science/Bio and animals?

What makes ORAS the best section out of all the sections in PC?

Aw, I'll make sure to do that sometime this weekend when I have something new, then! I'm glad you like Sky High, if one person likes it then that's all I wanted haha :) I designed another one but I'm kinda iffy on it now and I want to be able to code it myself and I haven't had the time to learn or dedicate myself really. I just want to be able to see if I can do it myself, really. It was a Kyogre one, but I would like to do something with another Dragon because they're best :3 Honestly, I don't really look for a specific Pokemon but rather I look for art that I could make something out of. I want to make something fluid width so I might have to go with a different approach though.

Hm... well I've always been interested in medicine and animals so that sort of thing was always intersected and adults would always say, "You should be a vet!" I had this cat a couple years ago and his vet misdiagnosed his lung cancer as something nonserious so we only found out he was deathly ill when he had like a couple months left. I was so angry because we had been telling the vet about the cat's issues and the vet would just say "allergies" but it wouldn't get better with "allergy medication." Anyway I realized that if I wanted something done right I had to do it myself lol. This applies to other things too.

And ORAS is the best because Hoenn is best region and Mega Sceptile is best Pokemon/ Mega :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Can I kidnap Naru? ):

Favourite Hoenn pokemon?

What do you think ORAS has improved on in comparison to R/S/E?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Can I kidnap Naru? ):

Favourite Hoenn pokemon?

What do you think ORAS has improved on in comparison to R/S/E?

Sh-she's mine ;A;

Sceptile! It was my first Pokemon and I really still do love its design and I was so happy when it got a Dragon-type mega AHHH

I was skeptical of the XY graphics but they really made ORAS look awesome. It improved upon a lot of things but there were still places where the original shined more - Mauville, postgame, difficulty, etc. But I really loved the Delta episode, soaring, DexNav, and way more things in ORAS so I think that it was definitely an improvement but GF shouldn't hold themselves back with not including some... things..

You forgot to answer one of my questions ):

Omg I didn't mean to! If I could have any pet in the world.. hm. I'd either want a giant cat like a lion, tiger, or cheetah provided that I would be totally confident it wouldn't hurt me. Or maybe a Savannah cat, which are basically the closest to wildcat you can get right now. But that's really typical of me so if I wanted something exotic I'd probably pick an owl, but I have no idea what kind. As a kid I really loved this book series called Guardians of Ga'Hoole so I really have always like owls even if they're kind of terrifying. So maybe an owl of some sort, if I was sure it wouldn't run away from me because I would worry about it flying away like 24/7 haha. Or.. haha... a dragon... ;)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    What are your thoughts on the Zelda cycle?

Is Link really dead in Majora's Mask according to Game Theory?

Do you ever acknowledge that difficulty in Pokemon is only based on age experience?

Detox

Which PC member would you most likely be able to defeat in a fist fight?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    What is your favorite genre of book?

What is the origin of your username? (It sounds pretty cool :))

Fantasy! My brother just pointed out to me that almost all of my books are save-the-world types, and I didn't even notice until now, so probably that sort of stuff :P

I answered this earlier, but whatever :P It's a spell from one of my favorite anime/manga series, Fairy Tail. It's supposed to be a spell related to the stars, so that's cool, and I like the series so that's how I picked the name.

What are your thoughts on the Zelda cycle?

Is Link really dead in Majora's Mask according to Game Theory?

Do you ever acknowledge that difficulty in Pokemon is only based on age experience?

The Zelda cycle? What do you mean specifically? Sorry

Hmm... I've never read this theory, but I don't think he's dead. I believe that Majora's Mask happens right after Ocarina of Time, and Link is looking for Na'vi right after he's transported back in time as a kid. This is made more obvious in the 3DS version, because after the game says "he's looking for a lost friend" it plays the sound that Na'vi always made (not the talking but the fairy-like sound), so I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. Termina is just so weird that maybe it's death, especially because my friend pointed out to me that the areas are the five stages of grief, so I have to do more reading.

If you're referring to my earlier answer, "difficult" was the wrong word. By "difficult" I meant that instead of making Pokemon games as they always do, Gamefreak definitely made them easier by incorporating elements that weren't in the originals, mainly I was thinking of the legendary freebies and the teleportation. I never expected the games to be hard or challenging, but I was hoping that Gamefreak would acknowledge that a large portion of their fanbase is dedicated fans and incorporate something that would somewhat challenge them, like the challenge mode in Black and White. Additionally, it's not like an audience of younger kids automatically equals easy levels, as I'm sure there are a lot of 10 year olds out there who would enjoy challenge mode. I'm also not expecting something wild; in other games like Fire Emblem Awakening, I pick Casual/Easy. xD

What's your first Pokémon game you ever played, Lapras?

Pokemon Sapphire! Then I think Emerald, then Diamond, then I went back to buy Gold and Crystal. I also had a copy of Yellow, but it would always freeze after I beat Brock. After that I've played almost every game.

Back