• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoenn Team

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • In AS, I'm going to go for my first team of Blaziken, Gardevoir, Pelipper, Sableye, Crobat, and Bellossom, complete with original names too! Chictor, Callisto, Gullwin, Ventispook, Dustin, and Zany. :)

For OR, I'll probably just go with the flow and use whatever. Depends on how the regional dex is gonna look. :)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I honestly don't know, I mean throughout 4 playthroughs of Emerald there's been a lot of mons I've been impressed with. In fact, the only thing I'm certain about is choosing Mudkip, my original choice in Sapphire. Recreating my original team is out of the picture, since the only decent members were Swampert and Swellow.

Really, the pool of mons I'm considering is large enough to fill 3 teams:
    • Absol
    • Aggron
    • Camerupt
    • Cacturne
    • Crobat
    • Flygon
    • Gallade (if it's in the dex)
    • Gardevoir
    • Hariyama
    • Manectric
    • Ninjask
    • Roserade (if it's in the dex)
    • Skarmory
    • Swellow
    • Tentacruel

Last edited:
    Years
  • RSE was probably one of the only Pokemon games where I could fill an entire team of six with region-native pokemon.Therefore, it's always a debacle for me to construct Hoenn teams, but I think it'll look a little something like this:

• Sceptile
    • Whiscash
    • Plusle
    • Altaria
    • Sableye
    • Delcatty

SketchQueen

Ow. That's a wall.
    Years
  • Honestly... as much I want to wait to see what pokes will be available, I plan to use my old Emerald team. Their game wouldn't save properly, and I want to, y'know, use them. This means a Swampert, Linoone, Swellow, Gardevior, and Groudon would replace Rayquaza, unless I can get Rayquaza, in which case it'll be there too. I have... no clue what my battle team will be yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2022
    I'd probably go with Blaziken, Gyarados (Or Tentacruel), Crobat, Manectric, Breloom and Guardivoir.. That's what I used to pick I think o.o

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    1. Sceptile or Swampert
    2. Roserade (Will be able to evolve Roselia, yay) or Sharpedo, depending on the starter
    3. Alakazam
    4. Aggron for sure, he's always been on my Hoenn teams
    5. Manectric or Heracross
    6. Salamence or any other dragon that's available in the game besides Flygon.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • For my very first playthrough, I have a few Pokemon I'm contemplating on using. I also have names picked out for them already, haha.

• Blaziken (L'Arc): Definitely, picking this guy as my starter. He was my starter for the first time playing Ruby, only fitting he's going to be my first for OR/AS.

• Swellow (Kojiro): The Guts bird was also on my team for my first time through Ruby, so he'll be making a comeback.

• Aggron (Tadakatsu): I haven't used an Aggron in an in-game team, in a looooong while, haha. Interesting enough, he was also a member during my first playthrough of Ruby.

• Minun (Luna): Always been particularly fond of this blue mouse, and I need an electric type, soooo...

• Ludicolo (Miror B): I've never used Ludicolo in an in-game team before, so this is going to be a first time. He will also serves as my main grass and water type, so that's definitely a plus.
    This is not my whole team though. If the Exp. Share still gives off experience to the whole team, I'll probably use a team of twelve like I did with X/Y again.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    The only pokemon i know I'll be using in my team for now is salamence, i don't know which others yet since i don't use legends frequently.

Years
  • Let's see... I think I will choose either Mudkip or Treecko as my starter, because I strongly think Sceptile and Swampert will have Megas. Definitely want to have Mawile and Manectric. As for the rest, idk. I don't usually plan out my teams, I usually just go with the flow. Plus, I want to see who gets Megas first before making a complete team. So far, Swampert/Sceptile, Manectric, and Mawile n_n

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    Oh man so many possible combinations. Probably have to go with:
    - Swampert
    - Cacturne
    - Walrein
    - Zangoose
    - Exploud/Gardevoir
    - Duskull

Years
  • I definitely plan on using at least the following: Sceptile, Swampert, Altaria, Milotic, Absol, Manectric, Sharpedo, and Camerupt. Most of these I've used on teams in RSE, with a few I'd love to try. As far as what my teams will be per game, I plan on using Sceptile on OR and Swampert on AS. Absol and Manectric will likely not be on the same team, as I want to use their Mega Evos. However, if their Mega Stones aren't available 'til post-game, or if I have to transfer them over, I might put them on the same team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    What's Your Team?

Alright. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire have officially been announced. Although the games are not due to be released for another 6 months, it's never too early to begin thinking about who you would like to have on your team.

For those who have played the original Rube and Sapphire games, will you be going with the same team from those games or will you be choosing a different team?

Here's the Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald Pokédex for reference: https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/game/ruby-sapphire-emerald

My tentative team can be seen below in my sig:

Last edited:

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Sceptile, Walrein, Castform, Banette, Shiftry, and Xatu. Remember Castform? Yeah, he's going in. ;D

PS: Where did you make your banner with the 3D models of the team? It's really cool!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was just thinking about how meta it would be to catch a pokemon in the original gba Hoenn, leave it untouched, then migrate it forward to these games and use it in your main story team.

I'm getting chills over here!

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Kinda depends on mega evos, but for now I'm thinking based on my fab hoenn pokes :>

Sceptile

Cacturne

Banette

Altaria

Gardevoir/Claydol/Camerupt

Milotic

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm not sure what team I will use. If anything, I started Pokemon Emerald a long time ago, but only got near about the 2nd or 3rd gym and haven't played it since. I'm thinking I might use the same team I have on that save file which is Grovyle, Kirlia, Zubat, Makuhita, Aron and Tentacool. But I'm still not sure.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm going to be using these Pokemon the first time around!

Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    A slightly unique way to play the game, choosing an all mixed water-type team. Always wanted to try this:

Hoenn Team

(Water / Ground)
    "Swampy"

Hoenn Team

(Water / Flying)
    "Gary"

Hoenn Team

(Water / Fairy)
    "Azura"

Hoenn Team

(Water / Dark)
    "Craig"

Hoenn Team

(Water / Dragon)
    "Kyan"

Hoenn Team

(Water)
    "Millie"

Reactions: Tek

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm going to be using these Pokemon the first time around!

Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    You know, I'd forgotten about Gallade. You think there's gonna be Dawn Stones available any time right off the bat? I'd think it'd be saved for Super Training (if it's included) or Frontier prizes. :(

Back