• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoenn Team

Years
  • Hmm my team:

- Sceptile
    - Mightyena
    - Camerupt
    - Gardevoir
    - Glalie
    - Swellow

Sceptile because of mega's typing, Mightyena is my favourite Hoenn pokemon, Camerupt for it's typing, Gardevoir - Because it's my favourite psychic type and because of it's mega, Glalie because it's ice type and Swellow because it's pretty awesome generic bird pokemon.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I'm finding it very hard to choose this time..
    For one thing I'd love to use my standart ruby team.. but then I played this game so many times.. perhaps I should go for an entirey new and fresh team - or at least mostly.
    Seeing as I'm already taking a different starter than Mudkip.. I'll probably be looking for a new water type. :'')
    So.. right now:

1. Treecko
    Well some likely candidates:
    Taillow or Wingull
    Wailmer or Carvanha
    Torkoal
    Spoink
    Seviper
    Zigzagoone

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Ok in order from most to least wanted:
    Spoiler:

Runner-ups:
    Spoiler:

Even if Shuckle is in Johto region, they need to add its mega for this game
    Some call it dumb, I call it mentally challenged.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Omega Ruby:

Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team

Alpha Sapphire:

Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team

And I'm going to mix these into the 2 teams, depending on how I go:

Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team

I am trying to keep in purely-Hoenn-only Pokemon, except Gallade and Dusknoir of course (Since they debuted in Generation 4), but their lines came from Hoenn anyway.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I plan to add in Sableye now and I've decided on Treeko so my team is currently looking like this:

Sceptile
    Sableye
    Ludicolo
    Ninjask
    Exploud
    and Alakazam.

Years
  • Given the recent introductions of new Megas, these are the Pokemon I'd like to use for both my teams:

OR: (Mega) Sceptile, Milotic, Altaria, Camerupt, Absol, Exploud*
    AS: Swampert, Flygon, (Mega) Manectric, Sharpedo, Cradily, Medicham*

*May change my mind on these.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I'll be getting both (hopefully) but since I can only buy one at first, I'll be making this run in OR.

Swampert, so as to try M-Swampert first hand.
    Swellow.
    Breloom.
    Aggron.
    Gardevoir.
    extra slot.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • Sceptile, Gardevoir, Aggron, Milotic, Absol and Salamence.

My original Emderald team, I may keep a Tailow around until I can catch a Bagon.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I'm still mostly undecided on Alpha Sapphire (Sceptile and Heracross are my only certain choices), but here's my planned Omega Ruby team:

Blaziken, Mightyena, Mawile, Roserade, Whiscash, Salamence

Out of those, I've only used Blaziken and Salamence before, so I'm looking forward to this.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Definitely getting both.

Omega Ruby
    Spoiler:

Alpha Sapphire

Spoiler:

Last edited:

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • I plan on using an all-Hoenn team. My usual Hoenn team consists of-

-Swampert
    -Gardevoir
    -Aggron
    -Flygon/Salamence
    -Banette/Dusclops
    -Raichu

.....Yeah. Raichu is my favorite Pokemon, so he has to be there. :P Guess that blows the all-Hoenn team.

Raiknight

The Marvelous Knight
    Years
  • For now, I'm playing it a bit safe. I usually compile my teams in a very specific way, with certain factors playing into it, but since X/Y I've basically just been putting pokemon I like on my team and making it work. So that is exactly what I'm doing here. My one gripe with the Hoenn dex is how it has a horrible selection of fire type. Besides Blaziken, Camerupt is the only one I'd actually use. These teams are a subject to change in the future. These teams are also made assuming you can't get Gen IV evos in the main story, that the Hoenn dex won't be changed, and that certain Mega evos will be usable during the main story like in X/Y. I'll edit this team as more info is revealed.

Omega Ruby:
    Sceptile - I've never really given this thing a chance. I've always known it's pretty good though. It will be a first for me as I've always picked Torchic or Mudkip usually. The mega just makes it even cooler imo.
    Alakazam - I have wanted to use this thing for as long as I can remember. I just always lacked someone to trade with to get it, but with Gen VI that is no longer a problem. I can just trade with someone on my FL and get one easily. It also has a mega.
    Mawile - I loved using Mega Mawile competitively in XY so if it returns in the main game for ORAS, I'm definitely giving it a shot for a casual playthrough.
    Sharpedo - I overlooked this thing back in Gen III, but it is actually pretty good. Fast mixed attacker with a movepool that supports its stats well sounds good to me. Chances for a potential mega also make me want to use it a bit more.
    Manectric - From my original team back in Ruby/Emerald. I also never used its mega in XY so that could be fun.
    Flygon - Another original from my Gen III team. All round reliable pokemon with potential for a mega.

Alpha Sapphire:
    Swampert - I only chose this since I swore off Blaziken. I've really overused Blaziken and need to just stahp. Dat mega tho.
    Gardevoir - My second favorite pokemon of all time. It is only second to Blaziken. Difference here is that I will never get tired of using this thing even though this will be my 5th time using it IIRC in a main game playthrough. Its just too amazing.
    Shiftry - I have never used it and am interested.
    Absol - Another personal fave of mine that I haven't used since RSE. It's about time it comes out of retirement. Plus I think it has a fabulous mega.
    Salamence - I have never used it and wanted to give it a go.
    Slaking - I honestly love this thing. Its a monster of a pokemon and I love the challenge of using it since it has Truant.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have a very rough idea in my head!!!

Torn between Sceptile and Blaziken though I feel like I'm going to go the Blaziken route because my other Hoenn fire options aren't too appealing.

For a grass type I'm thinking Breloom or Cradily. Water right now seems like Walrein though I could just end up falling back on Wailord. Also I'm not sure if I want an electric type but as of now I'm going with the obvious choice of Manectric. I want a steel type so either Mawile or Aggron and then my last spot will either be Gardevoir, Flygon, Crobat (I wanted to keep to a hoenn theme but idk if I can), or Claydol.

Last edited:

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    My in-game team in OM will be Mega-Swampert, Bellossom, Altaria, Beautifly, Swellow and Exploud.

In AS I'll try an all grass team: Mega-Spectile, Bellossom, Roserade, Tropius, Ludicolo and Breloom.

Years
  • I'll probably go with Torchic for my starter. I sort of want to go with one of the other two but I also really want to get a Tropius and a Sharpedo or Wailord in my team, and I don't like have multiples of the same primary type in my team. Asides from them, Absol for certain and probably an Altaria or Flygon. No idea about the 6th. I'll probably see who takes my fancy when I'm playing, probably an electric type of some sort.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • Maybe using swampert, altaria, mawile, glaceon, jumpluff and... 6th spot can be a surprise I guess :) Maybe furret or masquerain.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2016
    My team will be: Sceptile, Zangoose, Walrein, Altaria, Mawile and Gardevoir. Also Metagross, Salamence, Lunatone and Solrock :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    I'd start with Mudkip and seedot, I wanted to get lunatone/solrock too

so my in-game team will be:
    swampert - shifty - lunatone - zangoose - mightyena - roselia

Back