• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
    Luckily I don't have the problem of getting burnt out from playing the same game over and over. I've done at least 100 playthroughs of Red/Blue version, and I'm still going strong! Maybe I'll do the next solo now lol.

Perhaps you'll see the question I asked then! {XD}

yeah though, a lot of Pokemon games I can go through a lot better if I use emulation. Speeding up makes anything tolerable ya know?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Perhaps you'll see the question I asked then! {XD}

yeah though, a lot of Pokemon games I can go through a lot better if I use emulation. Speeding up makes anything tolerable ya know?

Oh yeah. I don't think I'd be able to do these without the speed button. When you've played a game as much as I have, and have basically memorized the game, it gets boring if you're not going 10,000% speed lol

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
    Oh yeah. I don't think I'd be able to do these without the speed button. When you've played a game as much as I have, and have basically memorized the game, it gets boring if you're not going 10,000% speed lol

Yeah I can relate completely,. The only time this is an exception is with friends. Ever drink with friends while doing a Nuzlock on the big screen? One of the best experiences you can have out there in my opinion. ;)

Years
    I also remember when I first used the speedup button on my emulator when I was doing my Ground Monotype in Ruby and Leaf Green way back in 2013 when I first joined the forum. But I don't have that luxury as easily today, so I did have to play Leaf Green on my DS Lite at the beginning of the year for something else.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm a purist, haha. I like to use my cartridges for my challenges, mainly cause I like to save my teams cause I end up loving those little pixels so much. :) I have only done one challenge on an emulator and that was mainly because the Pokemon I wanted to use needed to be hacked in. The first challenge event here was a St. Patrick's Day green monocolor and I played a Gold ROM and hacked in Celebi, Larvitar, Politoed, and Venusaur. lol So yeah...like most of the team was hacked in, but I had a ton of fun with it! I'm more willing to emulate gen I and II games for challenges since even if I did play the cartridge, I couldn't transfer them anyway. But I just have so many games that it would be a waste not to use them, you know?

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
    I think I'd be much more of a purist if everything wasn't so fragile in my life at the moment. I don't have most of my carts anymore due to a natural disaster and Pokemon games go for such a pretty penny ya know? That's why I've always been so keen to emulation and all the 'benefits' that come with it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't have very many extra games which is why I use emulators. Though I really only have done Crystal and Emerald on my phone because it's much easier than playing Pokemon on my computer. I just like my Pokemon games (with the exception of the console ones) being handheld hahah. I have another challenge I never got around to doing on my Y after my Nuzlocke but after that maybe I'll tackle another challenge the Crystal version on my phone. It's been a while.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I'm a purist, haha. I like to use my cartridges for my challenges, mainly cause I like to save my teams cause I end up loving those little pixels so much. :) I have only done one challenge on an emulator and that was mainly because the Pokemon I wanted to use needed to be hacked in. The first challenge event here was a St. Patrick's Day green monocolor and I played a Gold ROM and hacked in Celebi, Larvitar, Politoed, and Venusaur. lol So yeah...like most of the team was hacked in, but I had a ton of fun with it! I'm more willing to emulate gen I and II games for challenges since even if I did play the cartridge, I couldn't transfer them anyway. But I just have so many games that it would be a waste not to use them, you know?

I mean if you REALLY wanted to save your teams you could always just save your rom file somewhere and make a copy of it to start over. If you REALLY wanted to.

Oh god, I couldn't imagine doing that for all my challenges... I'd have like 200 save files...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't think I'm crazy enough to do that, Myrrh. :P But yeah, there are pros and cons to both, but hey, as long as you're doing the challenge and having fun, that's all that matters! I sound like a motivational poster...

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    I mean if you REALLY wanted to save your teams you could always just save your rom file somewhere and make a copy of it to start over. If you REALLY wanted to.

Oh god, I couldn't imagine doing that for all my challenges... I'd have like 200 save files...
    *Checks folder* Nice guess, I've got around 200 files across all the generations myself. Whenever I start a new game, I always just rename the ROM to something related to my challenge (i.e. Black 2 - rock" for a rock monotype) and a new save file is automatically created. If I ever want to go back to an old save file for some of these postgame challenges that have been cropping up in events, I just rename the ROM back to match the save file I want to use, and viola!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    *Checks folder* Nice guess, I've got around 200 files across all the generations myself. Whenever I start a new game, I always just rename the ROM to something related to my challenge (i.e. Black 2 - rock" for a rock monotype) and a new save file is automatically created. If I ever want to go back to an old save file for some of these postgame challenges that have been cropping up in events, I just rename the ROM back to match the save file I want to use, and viola!

I don't know why, but I'm really good at guessing meaningless things like this lol. One time some friends and I were just messing around, and one of them picked up a deck of cards, pulled out a card, and said "Guess what card this is?" Somehow, I guessed it right.

And Syddy's right, as long as you're having fun, who really cares?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Let's all just play challenges and have funnnn. n___n That's one of my favorite things about this area. There are rarely any spats between members and everyone's just doing their challenges and talking to others about their challenges and it's great. Y'all are awesome.

I'm almost done for the semester so I can finish up my Wonderlocke! I would say Wonderlocke has conquered an incredible feat. Klippy actually wants to play it, and he doesn't even like Pokemon anymore. AW YEAH. Reelin'em in. ;)

Years
    That reminds me of how so many old time players that last played at like GSC or something were brought back with XY.

It's times like these where i'm kinda glad to be running a thread like that :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm almost done with my Wonderlocke and oh god I almost cried a few times. Not because of lost team members but because I've had such bad luck with the wonder trading (Female Adamant Ralts whyyyyy) I barely managed to figure out a team of six and one of my team members I swear is going to end up being used as a sacrifice during the Elite Four.

Almost done with it tho so I'll be making another update soooon and then idk I really liked the challenge so maybe I'll do it again and hope for better Pokemon hahaha...ha.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Well hello, guys. I'm back to do more challenges :)
    I'm starting the Middle-Earth challenge, which looks awesome :D

I should really post my end results for my grass Monotype which I've finished in December..

Years
    In three (maybe four) weeks from now i'll have quite a bit more time to myself for challenges, and that's good (: Wonder what kinds of events there will be, too.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Event: Which event is it anyways?

How to play: Guess what the next event will be. You may enter submissions until the next event.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back