• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can i make friends

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • Well if you talk to someone and find them to be pretty friendly (shouldn't be too hard), just go to their profile and you'll find a befriend so-and-so link. This will send a friend request to that person.

Don't worry, everyone is very friendly around here and will almost always accept your requests =P

9popo

Typhlosion Lover
    Years
  • i know how to send a friend request but noone finds me interesting, how can i be fun and outgoing in a way people like?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • For starters, post more. You make friends on PC in the same way you do in real life, just talk to people and take part in discussions.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Well if you're nice to people then they'll become friendly towards you, at this point you can consider them friends.

9popo

Typhlosion Lover
    Years
  • ok, so just posting a famous topic and talking with people with interest will get me friends?

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • Maybe; it depends; sometimes I just look at someone's thread and say 'hey I like this person' and then send them a request.

9popo

Typhlosion Lover
    Years
  • oh, i always thought i had to talk with them for a pretty long time, cuz most of the time they would leave the thred in the middle of the conversation.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Have you tried describing your interests?Like what you like doing besides playing pokemon or what you like about pokemon etc.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    You want to know how I do it?

Go up to random people and complement them like "Oh thanks for visiting my profile." or "I like your theme." or "Oh hey you live in America! Cool!"

You could try something like that. =D

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • i know how to send a friend request but noone finds me interesting, how can i be fun and outgoing in a way people like?
    If you want to be popular on PC, just do as much as you can every time you sign on--posting, privates messaging, visitor messaging, etc. Try your best to enjoy this place to the max, people will like you. You can take a look at the member ~NinetalesSakura~ if you want to see an example of how it's done. She went overboard, but nevertheless got popular really fast.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Yup he's right.
    No need to change just for that.Try this,if you get a view from a person go to thier page and start a conversation with them.Also posting more and helping others is a great way to start.^^

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I think I have to make a little suggestion here and out of all the rather good will advice so far, it might sound a bit...blunt.

I honestly believe that your initial belief was accurate. If you've known someone for a while (and I don't mean for just a few weeks) and you can hold a conversation with them comfortably, then you can consider befriending them. I don't know about anyone else but if you only have one thing in common with a person and have maybe talked to them only a couple of times, I wouldn't really consider that a healthy relationship. It's more like a placebo effect in order to achieve forum status (and that might be just what you want and if it is, go for it) but I don't believe it'll build you any strong friendships.

The other suggestions are good, don't get me wrong, they'll definitely get your foot in the door and it's always good to have a mutual start but if you're in it for the long run, be more assertive but also smart about who you're getting involved with. Also understand when to accept rejection and cut your losses.

I do believe in the whole 'be yourself' shtick, so if you stick to that, I'm sure you'll find someone or some people who'll appreciate it.

MyLittleShop

Click my eggs for free events
    Years
  • If you help people they will befriend you. Try making a really cool thread and let it take off.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years

Haha, we're just the same. :P

But if you post more interesting things, making interesting topics, sure the y will like you. Try a little talk to the users [not controversial].

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Re-register with the username of Silver Riolu or BeachBoy.

Okay, seriously, I wouldn't send people random friend requests. Whenever I get sent a friend request from someone I know, I get ticked off. Friend requests are accepted to prove that you're friends and you can't be friends by just asking someone to be on your friends list. Be yourself. Tell someone that you like their signature or profile.

I never send anyone a friend request until I know them rather well. Have a few conversations with the person you're trying to befriend before trying to make your friendship a known one.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • just be nice to people and they'll send you a request! (maybe)

ill make friends by being cool.

Last edited:
    Back