• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Can We Jumpstart the RP Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well the entire reason we're saying pokemon in the first place is because this is a pokemon forum, and more people would join since they have that common ground. In reality the learning roleplay could be anything.

EDIT: I feel stupid...because I said region instead of reason.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Since I only skimmed this thread, I am probably missing a few points. ^-^;; But . . .

In regard to the RPing school:
    As has been mentioned, RPs with too many people may not go well since too many people are waiting for too many other people who come back, see too many posts to read, and give up. Also, the subject used in the RPing school may not be popular with everyone anyway. So, what if more than one RPing school thread were opened? Each thread could have its own teachers and students and address different topics.

Also, if people want to try an RP that is slightly different in nature, I was thinking an RP that is somewhat like this might work:
    https://anime-pen-pals.livejournal.com/

EDIT: Does that last part belong in the Discussion Thread? ::not sure:: If so, please tell me, and I can move it. ^-^;;

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    ...Isn't that the same as a Pokemon RP? o O; I don't really quite grasp what you mean by the last paragraph.

Edit-ching: Er, whoops. Looks like there were a lot more posts then I'd seen. Gimme a second! >.<;

I dunno, an attempt at something solid. Really, if it's just going to be this complicated, I just might wait for the next simple RP to come around. :\ You can't please everyone, so I think this may take awhile...@_@

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Kogenta: Um... how would an anime pen pals thing work with our school RP? And half the fun of the RP is creating new characters...

Mr. Altosax: Yes, this is the region of Pokemon. (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

So, sorta like a 'give a prompt, answer a prompt RP?' I'm sorry but that doesn't seem...fun x.x This is supposed to be fun, right? ._.I can't even make five paragraphs on an RP; why put one or two superfluous sentences when one or two paragraphs can suffice? I don't get a plot out of this idea; interacting with other RPers seems like it wouldn't fit in this idea. School had some plot that could be developed from it; pokemon, magic or not :|

Not really, Chibi-san. What I was really thinking was that we would RP normally, with the "teachers" telling the "students" what needed improvement, then using things like the sea serpent to test them and see if they were paying attention. After all, the purpose of this RP isn't just to have fun, it's to edumacate people. XD

(Yes, I did misspell 'educate' on purpose.)

Anyway, to hasten our decision process, I propose we have a vote. School-type, Poke-type, Chhosen One-type, or other? I mean, a vote will get things settled, right? There are whole governments based on that principal, why not use it for our forums?

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Kogenta: Um... how would an anime pen pals thing work with our school RP? And half the fun of the RP is creating new characters...

That was for those who said they lost interest because all the RPs started seeming the same. Er, sorry for being unclear. And some people enjoy RPing characters from anime and manga, I think. ^-^;; But maybe not.

Last edited:

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
    Well, just to put this out there, I was just thinking that for the plot of the learning RP, the plot starts off as something very normal and simple that everyone can fallow, then as each Rper begin to make longer paragraphs, use better grammer, spelling and start to get the hang of things, the plot begins to change into something huge and explosive.

ACC: PC is not a place for democracy. JK

Hm, i'd say that i'm undecided :P

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    Anyway, to hasten our decision process, I propose we have a vote. School-type, Poke-type, Chhosen One-type, or other? I mean, a vote will get things settled, right? There are whole governments based on that principal, why not use it for our forums?

I agree with this Idea, and ACC's previous sea serpant thing. I think it shouldn't be Pokemon themed, or any other franchise. I like the whole original theme thing, y'know like in kind of a fantasy school "LIKE" Hogwarts. (I said like Hogwarts but not anyway HP related).

THe mix between Roleplaying and learning how to Roleplay idea is also good, as it would allow people to enjoy and learn at the same time.

Years
    Well I feel stupid...Thanks for pointing that out to me ACC, and I wouldn't have resisted either. Back on topic...

I do think the idea of multiple learning RPs would do better than one massive one, because the teachers would have to read every post, while the newer RPers (less literate Rpers) wouldn't want to read it all and make a post that clashes with things said before (I hate when that happens). I mean, we need the best learning atmosphere we can, after all that's the whole region we're doing this! *shot!* (This time I meant to say region...)

With the teachers spread among different groups of Rpers it would me much easier to control, and fix the mistakes of the newbies (What am I saying, I've only been in one successful RP...The only Rping I did before this was on Neopets for crying out loud!).

And of course to make it even better one Learner's Rp could be Pokemon, and another can be Fantasy School (*cough* Hogwarts *cough*), and ther rest can be up to whoever else chips in ideas.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I hope you don't mind if I decide to take an initiative in this post. (Finally, but I feel like an evil-dictator for it. Excuse my behavior, if you can.)

I say we screw voting, because that'll take just as long. I think we should take the Hogwarts-school element (non-HP-related,) and place it with the teachers and year 7 and year 8 idea. If you want more then one RP thread, tell it to David, or make one of your own so we can have more then just one. (However, if the 'teachers' are seriously some RPer's in need of help, somebody'll intervene.)

I'm not going to ask whether you all agree or not, because that rolls around another page of jibber jabber.

@AE: You mentioned a plot earlier. Is it pokemon oriented? If it is or isn't, would you mind posting it here, or sending it to David?

@David: Or we could use the plot I was talking about earlier, that would be simple, and we could just turn it into a regular RP learning roleplay.

@Chibi-chan: If you want a Mecha-RP, go make one! We need more RP's around this desolate wasteland. ;D

@ACC: I agree with Chibi-chan, a prompt give answer sounds stuffy. Because then you can't really get into it, because it's just little stories one by one. And that's more like a mini-fiction, more then an RP.

@Mr.Altosax: I probably shouldn't admit this, but before I came to PC, I'd never RPed anywhere but on Neopet's either. DD: *shot* But then there arises one problem with multiple thread. It promotes laziness among the RPer's to not read the posts. If someone is too lazy to read a bunch of posts in an RP they willingly joined, that's their problem, and we don't need to go out of our way to solve it. That's another thing that I think a lot of us need to learn. (Me in particular.) Patience to read what other people have written.

Anyway, after the next round of posts, I'll be decided what's done in the end. So if you've anything important you want to add or say, say it now.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I hope you don't mind if I decide to take an initiative in this post. (Finally, but I feel like an evil-dictator for it. Excuse my behavior, if you can.)

I say we screw voting, because that'll take just as long. I think we should take the Hogwarts-school element (non-HP-related,) and place it with the teachers and year 7 and year 8 idea. If you want more then one RP thread, tell it to David, or make one of your own so we can have more then just one. (However, if the 'teachers' are seriously some RPer's in need of help, somebody'll intervene.)

Dictator, eh? Well I didn't vote for you!

J/K, I think this is the kind of approach we need here, actually, so I'm with ya' miss dictator: screw the voting; we have money (well, no we don't, actually. But we have a mod, and that's good enough for me. xD).
    @AE: You mentioned a plot earlier. Is it pokemon oriented? If it is or isn't, would you mind posting it here, or sending it to David?

Nyu, turns out that I don't have it anymore. I searched through my PM box, but it looks like the one with the plot is gone, and since my previous hard drive ate up the backup document the plot is officially gone. Sorry. >_<
    @Mr.Altosax: I probably shouldn't admit this, but before I came to PC, I'd never RPed anywhere but on Neopet's either. DD: *shot*

I can top both of you, 'cause I hadn't RPed anywhere before I came to PC. xD But yeah, this is sort of irrelevant to the topic at hand, so I think I'll shut up for the moment. :3

Years
    Finally were settled on something. Well Dai Dai has gone now, right? So that leaves Jyukai to make it really. People will respond more when they see a mod or higher has started the thread.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    ALLLRIIIIGHT YOU CRAZY PEEEPLEEEZZZ.

I'll make the darn thing. YOU OWE ME WHEN YOU GET BACK DAVID!!

Righty-o. So, I suppose I'm stuck writing a plot now, huh? :< FINE. I'LL MAKE THE BEST DAMN PLOT YOU CRAZY PEEPLEZ HAVE EVAR SEEN1!!

So yeah.

But I might be really busy, so I can't totally keep track of it. So I'll appoint some co-RP-masters/higher teachers. AND JOO GAI'S BETTAH DOO JER JOB.

Edit-ching: I have no idea where to start gai's. I suck at writing plots, wry am I the one who get's stuck writing it? DD:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I'm here again! Change everything! Now! 'Cause I say so! >O *Shot*

Yeah, exile from the internet does weird things to me, especially when it's lengthened by exhausted keyboard batteries (and of course there were no spares, so I had to wait until they charged <.<). o.o

Anyways, back to the actual topic...I'm up for helping out with the plot, so feel free to pester for comments, criticism, etc. I guess I could write one up too, provided that I get some general guidelines for what you want (you know, genre, possible franchises and so on)...oor you can just leave me to sulk in a corner and get someone else's help (or just do it yourself), your choice. ;D I'm in a plot writing mood, though, since Eseka seems to be ailing too and I had a lot of time to play around with plot ideas at my grandparents' place too. :3

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    ^ OMG ALTER EGO PLEZZ HALP ME. DDD:

*has nothing other then "This RP is here to help you learn, so expect criticism here."

And I only just randomly wrote that up. [/is a horrible moderator who deserves to get pushed off a cliff, but please don't do that.]

;A; Anyway, let's make a list of what we want.

-School RP
    -Hogwarts Style Campus
    -Teachers, Year 7, Year 8

^ Something like that guys? Feel free to add to it, and we'll see how our new plot writer likes it! 8D

[/totally did not just dump the most dreadful thing in Bijou's life onto AE. < <;]

But seriously, if you do write the plot AE... I OWE YOU FOR THE NEXT WHOLE YEAR, KKZ?!? <--- Not seriously for a year, but I owe you for a loooong time. Just not as long as a year, because I'm not about to go running around as your pet donkey for the next 12 months. DD:

...A year is 12 months right? [/shotshot]

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Jyukai: That sounds fine. It would help if people pitched in for plot writing

Another thing i am wondering about is why aren't people posting in retry. It is slowly dying of inactivity

That last question would be more suited for the Retry: Discussion thread, as not everyone in THIS thread is participating in Retry. I can tell you the obvious, that David isn't posting because he's on vacation, but for the rest of them, you'll have to ask yourself.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    I'm not posting in retry 'cause I didn't join in the first place. [/pointless spam][/using Jyukai's newly invented fad]

Ahem... anyway.... If AE is writing the plot, I'd better write up about six different characters, 'cause it's gonna burn me bad. And the only reviewing I've ever done for a roleplay has been limited to a few Naruto rps on Neopets before I came here. (Yes, I was hakaisha-nin. And I quit for various reasons, mostly 'cause I cracked a few jokes that I don't think the guild leader liked. So I joined my best friend's guild instead, and I ended up the leader when she left, and my account got essentially frozen 'cause I can't remember what birthday I gave TNT, and... I think I'll stop now.) So yeah, this'll be new.

Hmm... maybe I should consider getting a custom avatar so I won't look quite so generic? *is shot*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back