• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how can you tell if someone is racist or not?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    For me, in my school most of students are non white if i see white couple, i assume that they are racist.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    Wow, these racism threads are all over, aren't they?

EDIT: HOLY FUDGE ON A POPSICLE I BROKE 1K POSTS? WHEN THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?!

Only took me three years. :\

Years
    I don't know if you can, unless they are making announcements on the microphone. Sometime you can feel someone's energy negative/positive and you also can study their behavior and attitude then make assumptions. If you go that route you can really miss judge people sometimes, my advice is to try your best to assume only good of people that way you are giving positive energy and hopefully you receive the same and just keep moving forward. If a person is racist they are racist you know so what and besides if u find out they are so what now? What are you gonna do confront them and tell them why they are racist? If a person is ignorant what you can do. As long as you are treating people right that's all that matters.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    For me, in my school most of students are non white if i see white couple, i assume that they are racist.
    You should try to cast that aside.

Some people are only attracted to a particular race. It doesn't mean that they're racist. I see black people only together with other black people just as much as I see asians just with asians and whites just with whites.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    You should try to cast that aside.

Some people are only attracted to a particular race. It doesn't mean that they're racist. I see black people only together with other black people just as much as I see asians just with asians and whites just with whites.

u have a stupid american mentality. it doesn't make sense to me why people attract to particular race.
    black, white or whatever u r if u born in america, u pretty much the same . u speak English u eat the same food, u watch nfl. if u born in america , u r aemrican

Reactions: £
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    u have a stupid american mentality. it doesn't make sense to me why people attract to particular race.
    black, white or whatever u r if u born in america, u pretty much the same . u speak English u eat the same food, u watch nfl. if u born in america , u r aemrican
    Are you attracted to men or women?

Men and women are both people, so if you're a person you should be attracted to both men and women since they're people too.

That's the kind of mentality that you have in your point.

People don't choose what they're attracted to. They have no control over what they like or don't like. I don't understand it either. I don't know why some people are attracted to one person and not another, but I mean that's just kind of how it is. I don't know the psychology and science behind that. But I'm also not the one questioning / complaining about it. To me that's just how it is, and I accept it.

If you don't, maybe you should do some research instead of calling my mentality (which I think is very sound) stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    Are you attracted to men or women?

Men and women are both people, so if you're a person you should be attracted to both men and women since they're people too.

That's the kind of mentality that you have in your point.

People don't choose what they're attracted to. They have no control over what they like or don't like.

This. In a lot of cases, preferences can be purely for aesthetic reasons. Some people prefer pale skin, some prefer dark skin. Some people prefer red hair, others prefer blonde. Same with eyes, height, weight, clothing style. It is so much more complicated than race alone.

My fiancé is Hispanic and he is obsessed with my eye color (blue), the fact that I am pale and because I'm short. He had dated pretty much every racial background, but he felt most physical attraction for me.

And when it's not looks, it is religious, cultural, or personal background. Some people have a preference for people with similar backgrounds so that there is a less likely chance for conflict on how to raise children, or how to organize the relationship itself. Some cultures and religions place specific roles on each gender and they aren't always agreeable.

Preferences exist for a reason. Nobody should be judged for them any more than for how they choose to wear their hair or clothes.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years

Nick you just got schooled so hard, you aemrican.

I will admit my racist awful treatment to America but that's only because they butchered the Queen's English and that's totally fair.

idk I think if someone's generally being an intolerant **** towards other people in some way or form and the reason is clearly race related; then that's your telltale sign. Anything else would potentially be a naïve assumption~

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Generally, the way to tell if somebody is bigoted is to see how they portray themselves, and also take notice if they make statements that over-generalize. For instance, "all those Xs are like this."

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Generally, the way to tell if somebody is bigoted is to see how they portray themselves, and also take notice if they make statements that over-generalize. For instance, "all those Xs are like this."
    dogtree said:
    if u born in america, u pretty much the same . u speak English u eat the same food, u watch nfl. if u born in america , u r aemrican
    You know I think I see a pattern here, and I have to agree with you Shiva!

Although I'm American and don't like watching sports, so I don't know where that puts me.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years

Really? Must I really need to point out on how wrong this is? It's absolutely, positively horrendous! Die armleuchter spricht. . . someone really needs to whop you upside the head with a dictionary.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I feel like most Suburban Caucasians are racist or scared. I hear many of them (not all) speaking like "Oh no, I don't want to go to Brooklyn, I'm terrified of the black people that stand on the streets" meanwhile I pass by many of said black people with no harm done to me. They mind their own business like every other person around. The same goes for Bronx with Hispanics. Blacks and Hispanics only give dirty looks because you give us a dirty look first. That's just me though. I could be terribly wrong and get called out but that's fine.

Years
    And also WWE. Americans love WWE.

I don't. I really don't watch tv much.

I feel like most Suburban Caucasians are racist or scared. I hear many of them (not all) speaking like "Oh no, I don't want to go to Brooklyn, I'm terrified of the black people that stand on the streets" meanwhile I pass by many of said black people with no harm done to me. They mind their own business like every other person around. The same goes for Bronx with Hispanics. Blacks and Hispanics only give dirty looks because you give us a dirty look first. That's just me though. I could be terribly wrong and get called out but that's fine.

I agree with you on that. I'm black, and I live in Washington. There are some white people that give me and my brother dirty looks or are scared of us. Some people assume or be scared of what they don't understand of people of different races. Not all black people act "hood" or have their pants up to their knees.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back