• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How did you react?!?!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • I found out when my sister showed me, and at first my reaction was, "Heh, that's gotta be fake... it's too soon after X and Y", but as soon as I found out it was confirmed, I was all like, "ERMAHGERD!!!" :D

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I was looking through the 'My Nintendo News' website when I saw the cool boxart of Groudon and Kyogre, I thought it was some cool fan art then I read the story and watched the announcement video. I can't believe what I just saw, I've given up on hope that Nintendo would remake these games haha!

I've never been so stoked for a video game in a while... xD

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I saw about fifty or so posts from facebook, twitter, tublr, and my initial reaction was: "Ha this is total BS!" Then I read around and do research and I was like: "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGREALLYLIKESERIOUSLYBROBROBROREALLYCMON *starts foaming at the mouth*"

It was a good thing to say the most. I kinda already expected it awhile ago, even if they did kinda troll us at april 1st, it was still pretty cool, and since X and Y was pretty 'meh' I was already more exited to play this more than anything else, and I think I will be having my second childhood early now, I never left my first one tho'.

Years
  • when I was lurking through bulbapedia I saw the headline Pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire going to be released I thought what?what?what?as I am still playing Pokemon ruby and having a lot of fun I just hope following pokemons return as I like them very much since heart gold.And by the way the adventure of ruby with 3d graphics is even enough to enjoy it

Years
  • Learned about it from my fellow Pokemon fanatics at lunch. At first, I brushed it off as speculation or meaningless bantering. My friends relinquished such thoughts when they showed me factual proof of the announcement. I had a huge smile plastered on my face for the rest of the day, haha. Hoenn was my favorite region, so I couldn't contain my excitement!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One of my friends mentioned it a chat, but I thought it was only some joke and took it with a grain of salt. Then, I decided to check Serebii out, and found that it's actually true; my reaction was simply... priceless, haha. I was very excited; RSE is my most favorite, and have always been wanting to see remakes for them. [: Can't wait until they officially announce ORAS' release date. I hope it's November 1st, though, because the sooner it is, the better.

Smylex

Why So Serious?
    Years
  • I also thought it was fake, but when I saw that it was real my insides felt like they were doing somersaults.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I saw the box art first and thought it was fake. I went to Serebii and saw it there too and realized that THIS WAS NOT A DRILL.

Years
  • From how uttlerly disappointed I was with X/Y and the terrible Team Flare, I was revitalized when I heard about this and hyped out of my damn mind in excitement. I knew Gen 3's story by heart from nostalgia and knowing that it was going to be a gaurenteed buy for me. I also called up people I know whom I wasnt even friends with anymore just to mutually talk about it.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I was searching on bulbapedia and in the tiniest writing at the top it said they'd been confirmed. I saw it three days after the announcement and proceeded to shout at my pokemon playing friends as to why I wasn't told. At least it wasn't like HG/SS where I didn't find out till a month after they had already been released...

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    I was scrolling through Facebook saw Serebii posted the video, thought it was fake, clicked through to see that it was from the actual Pokemon channel, proceeded to flip out in joy

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
    Years
  • I was sitting on my bus on the way to school and found it on Serebii and just shouted as loud as I could while peeing my pants a little.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • Let me tell you'll a story:

Once upon a time a bored box of chocolatey dragons decided to watch videos by Pimpnite. Then he saw a video saying 'Hoenn Renmakes Confirmed!' It wasn't April 1st so I knew Pimp wasn't joking and the next moment he screamed very very loud.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • omg I spazzed out so bad I was screaming in caps to my boyfriend like "IT'S ABOUT ♥♥♥♥ING TIME!!!". It was kind of funny. XD He was the one that told me about it, and I literally just went berserk... in a good way of course, especially since I absolutely loved the originals.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I was pleasantly surprised, but the first thing I did was post it in the Hoenn Remakes Speculation thread, so anyone who hadn't seen it on Serebii could react, too :P

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • I knew it was real deep in me but had to look to make sure it was confirmed else where and I guess this was literally like several minutes after it was announced.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I saw small pictures of the boxes on Facebook and thought that they had to be fake, just like all the other fake boxart people make.

Then I went on YouTube just to be sure, and sure enough, it was real. I was honestly just shocked. Like, it's not April Fools day. They didn't tell us, "Get ready for an awesome reveal on Wednesday!" or anything. I honestly could only feel shock and even confusion; as someone who always knew remakes were coming, it was only a matter of time, this was just so sudden I didn't even know what to feel!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • When I first heard about it, it didn't sound any different from the rest of the "Hoenn confirmed!" false alarms we've been hearing for the past like, year. Then I saw the boxart for OR/AS and I though, "pfff, fake".

Then I saw the teaser trailer, and I thought "Hooooooly crap!"

Now I'm getting more and more excited with each passing day :D

Back