• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do tall people fly on Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    So what if someone was 6'1" and their only means of flying was a Pidgeot or Altaria? How exactly does he fly on them without breaking their backs?

Years
  • I think the real question is how anyone flys on Pidgey or an equaly small flying type. Theres no way that tiny bird is picking people up by the shoulders.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I mean, really, we're running into trouble because we're talking about the Pokemon world in terms of Earth's physics. Their world could have different forces. Perhaps not much is required for lift, etc.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I mean, really, we're running into trouble because we're talking about the Pokemon world in terms of Earth's physics. Their world could have different forces. Perhaps not much is required for lift, etc.

But if that's the case it would be like Final Fantasy with everyone flying around everywhere and leaping buildings with a single bound. Which would be awesome, but wouldn't really answer the question that well.

I think maybe there's some offscreen noodle implements that allow Pokemon to tow people around, like perhaps some rope or a net or something like that flying Pokemon lift with their claws. Or maybe it calls in reinforcements?

Years
  • You really have to differ between game mechanics and realistic renderings of the pokémon world. Else things become so silly, haha.

But something like this would probably work?

Spoiler:

Pokémon Adventures always was more ingenious than the anime :3

Years
  • Maybe they use their claws to latch onto the persons shoulders and sort of struggle to slowly drag them along the path to their destination. 3 days later and they arrive at the Pokemon Centre, the back of their shoes in shreds.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • The game would have us believe that all Flying types turn into one of these guys when they use HM02:

But I think it's something closer to this:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • This is something I've always wondered, along with Pokemon that can surf. Now granted this is a video game and we shouldn't really question it's logic, especially when it's Pokemon of all franchises, but I often find it weird that it's possible for someone like a heavyweight boxing champion, let alone a 10 year old boy could ride on top of something as small as a Pidgey.

Granted they could hold the trainer in their talons like how an eagle would catch it's prey, though that could possibly tear the trainer's clothing unless it was made of a special material. I personally find it cooler to ride on top of the Pokemon rather than it picking me up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I don't know. A lot of Pokémon that would be good for the likes of Fly or Surf seem remarkably short. Even Charizard is only 5'7", which is good for the 4'9" Trainer we usually get, but what happens when you're older and/or of average height?

The Pokéverse must be very uncomfortable if you're bigger than... oh, what's average these days? 5'10"?

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    It's so weird that first form pokemon can use fly. Surf, I'm okay with because you can wade with your pokemon with fairly good ease with out really adding your weight onto them

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I don't think height wouldn't play a part; weight surely would. But yeah, it's pokemon logic at the end of it.

Back