• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How do you feel about hacked pokemon making it through PokeTransporter's hack check?

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
Years
  • Apparently, PokeTransporter miserably failed at keeping out hacked pokemon, as long as they have stats that are reachable in-game without hacking. How do you feel about this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    i think they are fine as long as it is just a random pokemon. mess with the ivs and that is pushing it. if it is just a pokemon that has egg moves or the like im not complaining.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    i will admit i have hacked in the past. mostly because my friend had stuff like wonder guarding dialga and rapidash. XD i just made things to counter his team, and they will never go to pokebank ever.

Years
  • As long they are kept in boundaries like not having impossible moves, exceeding the limits of IVs and impossible abilities it's ok.

Pretty much this. If the Pokémon is BLATANTLY hacked with moves/stats it shouldn't have, then that's what I won't be cool with. But if it's nothing that you don't see normally, by all means I couldn't care less. Some people will hack to make leveling up easier, too.

Zet

Years
  • I'm fine with "legitimate" hacked pokemon since it makes getting the perfect pokemon you want easier; instead of wasting a billion hours hatching a trillion eggs, and levelling it up, etc.

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
    Years
  • I'm fine with "legitimate" hacked pokemon since it makes getting the perfect pokemon you want easier; instead of wasting a billion hours hatching a trillion eggs, and levelling it up, etc.

What about the poor souls that waste a billion hours hatching a trillion eggs, instead of hacking?

Years
  • What about the poor souls that waste a billion hours hatching a trillion eggs, instead of hacking?

I think that that's good for them, and respect their decision, but I'd hack in the perfect shiny Pokemon (except for the Shiny-Locked ones) if I could, but I'm forced to be one of the 'poor souls' that wastes time breeding and hatching, for shiny Pokemon. :(

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What I've noticed, from a competitive battling aspect, the focus is more on the actual battling and strategies behind it, it's almost assumed your Pokemon should be perfect IVs, etc. And a lot of people have gone through and done all the breeding and training before, they know how to do it, but "hacking" saves time, and will "resort" to it, which I really have no problems with.

Years
  • I've hacked only a ditto with perfect IVs for transport to my Y game and now I use him for breeding, and even then the IVs don't transfer with destiny knot as it was speculated (4 out of 6) but that's a post for a different topic... So if anyone wants a Ditto like mine (imposter/adamant(got lucky when I caught him)/perf IVs) I can clone him on the black and transport as many as needed :) Just PM me :) The other hacking "sin" I've done is giving myself 999 of each shard in black 2 so I can tutor all the moves to the pokemon that need moves. And that's as far as I go with hacking.

CronicHigh

All hail lord Goomy
    Years
  • No problems with it.
    Will probably be importing event mons I missed when I stopped playing and getting defog on some pokemon for competitive use but nothing crazy beyond that.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Hacking saves a great deal of time that could be invested doing something else, so long as the Pokemon is legit (no shiny locks, over 31 IVs, or unobtainable attacks/abilities), then it shouldn't really matter.

In competitive battling, your Pokemon are assumed to be perfect anyway. Whether the Pokemon was obtained through in-game or PokeGen shouldn't matter. Like Flushed said, it's all about the battling and your strategies.

Especially those Pokemon with moves that can only be obtained from Gen 3 or 4 (ex: Defog Zapdos). I'd much rather create one with PokeGen than go through Platinum, soft reset 100+ times for IVs, teach it Defog, and transfer it twice.

It's up to you which option to do, but I don't mind hacked Pokemon, since I admit to doing it myself too (legitimately, of course).

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I think you're underestimating the hack check quite frankly. I had a few hacks that I didn't even know I owned get caught by Poke Transporter. It does seem to catch a good few things, but the best hackers are always gonna be able to pass checks because they're made to look real. The only thing to my knowledge that has been overlooked by Game Freak is unreleased Hidden Abilities and Premier Ribbons on Pokechecked mons, which isn't really much. Aside from that the biggest problem is the ability to hack Pokemon to look Kalos Native, but we have a way to make sure Pokemon are real even with a fake kalos mark.
    I'm fine with "legitimate" hacked pokemon since it makes getting the perfect pokemon you want easier; instead of wasting a billion hours hatching a trillion eggs, and levelling it up, etc.
    There is no such thing as a legitimate hack. There are however legal hacks.
    Hacking is also the only way to obtain past event pokemon. Rather than waiting for when will gamefreak decide to distribute next you can get all of those through pokegen based on the events they already gave.
    Or you know, you could trade for them... >.>

By the way, the title of this thread is very misleading.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Mmm, another thread about hacked Pokes....

The short answer is this: I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ if its hacked, so long as it has legal stats, moves, abilities, etc. I couldn't care less if you put no effort into getting your team and I did put effort in.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I know it's not the most correct way but... First you will have to find a person who has them, second you have to check if that person is willing to trade it to you, Third you'll probably have to lose another legend, shiny or perfect or near perfect IV pokemon. Fourth, recieving it from another person does not guarantee it was legitly obtained nor well hacked. Too difficult.
    When I ran a trade shop I gave all my events for free, and had a massive collection too. I guarantee you could find just about any event in Trade Corner, and that at least a few people would be willing to help you get them. On top of that we support use of Pokecheck to, at the very least, see if the Pokemon is legal.
    Mmm, another thread about hacked Pokes....

The short answer is this: I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ if its hacked, so long as it has legal stats, moves, abilities, etc. I couldn't care less if you put no effort into getting your team and I did put effort in.
    See what I mean about the title of the thread being misleading? The topic of this thread is Poke Transporter's hack check not how you feel about hacks themselves.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm gonna change the thread title to reflect the topic at hand. This is about hacks making it through hack check, not hacks in general, so the title should reflect that. As you can see, people are getting confused in the thread so yeah.

Anyway, I, as far as I know, don't have any hacks that have made it through. I've had almost all of my Pokemon, especially my shinies and legendaries, checked and everything seems good so far. I don't have any hacks in my gen V games, so I haven't had any hacks make it through on my end. Though it annoys me that some legitimate Pokemon aren't making it through the hack check while hacks are. :/ Like shiny WSHMKR Jirachi. Those can actually happen and apparently, the hack check blocks them from going through. Downer for someone who has one.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    I'd probably guess the leniency of Transporter's checks is partly intentional, and partly because it's possible to make very hard to distinguish edits with the fact that we can break straight into the code of the DS games and how they make Pokemon.

We've able to trade Pokemon worldwide and with anybody we want for almost 7 years now since Diamond and Pearl came out in English. It's inevitable there's going to be tons of Pokemon created or modified through external means in players parties who simply don't know or understand that's possible in the first place. I don't think it would be fair to punish those people for something they shouldn't be expected to know, and it would make for absolutely terrible PR in the gaming press as a whole.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Anyway, I, as far as I know, don't have any hacks that have made it through. I've had almost all of my Pokemon, especially my shinies and legendaries, checked and everything seems good so far. I don't have any hacks in my gen V games, so I haven't had any hacks make it through on my end. Though it annoys me that some legitimate Pokemon aren't making it through the hack check while hacks are. :/ Like shiny WSHMKR Jirachi. Those can actually happen and apparently, the hack check blocks them from going through. Downer for someone who has one.

Hm, that's kinda weird. My WSMKR Jirachi, while not shiny, made it through the hack check. Don't see why a shiny one wouldn't make it through....especially since Jirachi aint shiny-locked.

And because I misinterpreted the actual topic: I'm kinda glad that PokeBank's hack check is the way it is (minus the part where it prevents legit pokes from making it through). It usually prevents the really obvious hacks from making it through (Wondertombs, Magikarps with Dark Void, etc), but still allows legal hacked pokes through. I had Pokegen'd or something a few Pokémon that I like with some perfect IVs and the right natures, moves etc, and fiddled with my Zekrom's IVs, and was afraid that they wouldn't make it through. But they made it, and all is good.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Hm, that's kinda weird. My WSMKR Jirachi, while not shiny, made it through the hack check. Don't see why a shiny one wouldn't make it through....especially since Jirachi aint shiny-locked.

And because I misinterpreted the actual topic: I'm kinda glad that PokeBank's hack check is the way it is (minus the part where it prevents legit pokes from making it through). It usually prevents the really obvious hacks from making it through (Wondertombs, Magikarps with Dark Void, etc), but still allows legal hacked pokes through. I had Pokegen'd or something a few Pokémon that I like with some perfect IVs and the right natures, moves etc, and fiddled with my Zekrom's IVs, and was afraid that they wouldn't make it through. But they made it, and all is good.
    Jirachi being able to be shiny was an oversight by game Freak and was not supposed to be possible. There's a very small range of possible shiny spreads on the Jirachi. Since they were not intended to be shiny, Game Freak forgot to include them for the Transporter's hack check.

Back