• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you feel about yourself?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Do you like yourself?
    Do you care more about yourself than others, or is it the other way around?
    How much do you value your life?

Feel free to answer question(s) that I did not mention above, assuming they're relevant to this poll.

I had to go backward through the 3 pages of CC&P to make sure this thread doesn't already exist. I really hope I didn't misread something and it already is around haha.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I do like myself. I mean, I'm not perfect. No one is. But I feel I have more positive benefits than negative. I'm at a very comfortable position in life right now, pretty happy. That being said, there are a few things that I wish I could change, but those are the flaws that make me unique, I guess. I'm more caring of the people around me than I am of myself, so I guess I'm selfless, for the most part. As for the last question, well, can't put a price on life. But I cherish my life, and those of people who matter to me, with every fiber of my being.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like myself, yes, but I do have flaws. Lots and lots of them. d: For your second questions, that depends. If I'm in some sort of a tough situation, then I tend to care only about myself and not others. If someone's in an extreme trouble, though, and needs my help, then I'd put aside my feelings and all grudges I might have against them and lend them a hand. How much do I value my life? I value it, but not sure how much. Haha.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I'll start this off without any words
    I got so high I scratched 'till I bled
    I love myself better than you
    I know it's wrong so what should I do?
    The finest day that I've ever had
    Was when I learned to cry on command
    I love myself better than you
    I know it's wrong so what should I do?

Depends on the situation, but I put myself ahead of others most of the time. Why? No, it's not because I'm a cold hearted female dog, ladies and gentlemen! It's because at the end of the day, it's me, myself, and I. None of my friends would bother helping me if they had to put themselves in danger in order to save my butt. But, if I had to save people who are close to me, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I do value my life. Well, life is life! :P

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Do you like yourself?
    I used to hate myself. I mean, I had to deal with suicidal thoughts a lot. But now I feel better about myself, since I've done some cool accomplishments. I feel like I have a purpose in this world.

I care immensely about another person in my life who I would do almost anything for. He means the world to me. I'd put myself out there in front of him to protect him no matter what.

I enjoy life. Therefore I value it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Honestly? I hate myself. I hate the person I am because she's nothing but an imperfection, a mistake. Do I put up with myself? Yes. Because I have to. There's really know way around it. As for comparison to myself and others? Not at all. No one wants to live the life I have to go through. I don't think my life is any better compared to someone else's life.

I don't value my life at all. If it wasn't for music, I'd probably be dead right now. I just don't feel like I should be in a world that can't accept me for who I am, you know? I'm fighting though. I fight everyday to be strong. That's what I'm going to keep doing no matter what life decided to through at me. That's all that truly matters, right?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I personally am not quite fond of myself, because I always wanted myself to be better, to be what I'm supposed to be proud of, especially because I've made some fatal mistakes in the past. Even though I care more about others, sometimes I feel like I want to care about myself as equally as about others. I'm starting to value myself a bit, but I still need to search for the true meaning of it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Do you like yourself?
    lolno
    Ermm...I guess I could say that I'm satisfied with myself, if anything. There's a lot about me that I can't change, and no matter how much I hate parts of me, there's really nothing I can do to fix them. There are many occasions where I'll look in the mirror and think about what a pathetic mess I am, but those occasions are usually when I'm feeling extreme self-pity, and most of the time, I'm just content being what I am. I am definitely not perfect, and there are a lot of areas in which I could (and should) improve, both physically, mentally and emotionally, but I guess I'm just too lazy to change much and am fine just being who I am.
    I'm not a selfish or self-centered person (at least I'd like to think that I'm not lol) but I'll only do things for other people up to a limit, past which I feel that I'm hindering myself too much. I actually think I go too far to help other people, and my parents and elders have told me off for it, telling me that there's no point in helping people who aren't grateful for the help that you give them. I still think I'm not 100% selfless and I don't always go out of my way to help all my friends, so I think that I care more about myself than others.
    Enough not to put it in danger, I guess.

TY

I do like myself in terms of personality. There is no way that i wanna change, im quite happy with who i am, regardless of what people think of me.

I care more about others, heck the last thing i think of, is me. I always try to help if possible, unless i have problems myself. Though there is some selfishness in me, its rarely noticeable.

A lot, especially after some big events that got me down. Things like that should put me down, but instead they make me stronger.

Years
    Do you like yourself?
    I talk to myself, does that count?

Balanced, I care about myself and others equally.

Could've been better, could've been worse.

S3venAces

Amateur Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Do you like yourself?
    Hell no.

I'm honestly not sure, though it's probably the latter.

The world's going to be the same once I'm dead, right?

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Do you like yourself?

Even though I come with many flaws, I do love myself and I do love who I've become as a person.

To be honest, I care more about the well-being of others over my own well-being. I wouldn't say I'm narcissistic at all. I receive enjoyment from seeing others happy. That being said, I do obviously care about my own well-being as well; I'd just rather see others happy than myself.

There are times where I don't value it much and take it for granted, and there are other times where I would say a lot. In the end, I know that others are going to value me by the same amount that I value myself. I'm never going to change being me. I can't just enter into someone else's body and become someone else. Might as well love myself for who I am and let what I experience in my life mold me into a better and stronger person.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
    Years
    I'm OK with myself. I need to lose weight and get rid of my glasses, however. Trying to lose weight right now, and I want to get contacts.
    However, I have way too many embarassing moments.
    One was on the 19th this month, let's just say I now dislike Facebook's group chat. I'm surprised I don't turn into a tomato whenever I think about it, cause I sure as hell go red.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Do you like yourself?
    No, I don't. There are times where I think existing in the first place was a mistake.

I care about others than myself, but that's what users say is my problem. I try to please everyone, both lovers and haters, so I could be well-respected and the least-hated to abolish difference in opinions.

Very little, it depends if I succeed my goal in pleasing everyone.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I love me! On my good days, that is. ^^

Otherwise I can have times where I hate myself and the world and everything in it, but I get over those in an hour or so. xD

Just to be short and precise. <3

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I try hard to maintain a positive mindset; I'm aware that I have good in my heart, I'm aware that nobody is perfect, I just have this horrible tendency of overthinking everything. I always look at the large scale of things and I see both the negatives and positives in everything around me. The negative is just more powerful at times and can bog me down. Im an okay person and I guess im better off than most people i know; I've just been through so much in my life that I switch from being numb to an emotional mess at an instant. I have a lot of love in me, I just feel too much. It's a blessing and a curse.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I like myself. Sometimes I beat myself up over things that I don't like or have problems accepting, but at the end of the day, I look at myself in the mirror and like what I see (both physically and underneath). I think I'm a wonderful person and I think that the people who know me well enough think the same.

I care about myself more than others. Generally I think that people who don't are people who put their entire life into pleasing others. Not in the case of making people happy, but just obsessing over their perception of them. They need some sort of validation of existence that they can't find within themselves, so they put it into seeking validation of existence from others. I think there's a difference between making people happy and seeking validation. Those who seek validation through others generally think very highly of themselves.

I value my life, but I often do question the significance of it. That being said, I question the existence of life in general a lot.

pixelrynn

SHSL Writer
    Years
    Do you like yourself?
    Not in the slightest. I think I am unintelligent and indecisive, and I can never really truly agree on one thing. I constantly worry and beat myself up for mistakes. I am awful with true friendships because I'm too scared that they really hate me.
    Yes, I would say so. I go to great lengths to defend my friends, from any one or thing. I would not mind getting hurt in the path of helping someone.
    Not very highly. I have never tried to take my own life, but I've been very close before. I find myself insignificant and useless.
    Sorry for being such a downer on this thread :c

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
    I used to hate myself. That's because I was constantly living a lie, hiding who I truly was to be perceived as normal.

All it took was one gut feeling for me to have a revelation. Now I have accepted who I am and I can fully enjoy who I am. It is only a matter of time until I go public with it, but for now I am just happy with me and my significant other knowing.

Also, I am a person who cares about others more than myself. It's not that I don't care about myself, and I do not go around helping absolutely everyone, but if someone I care about/don't hate is in trouble I take them into account before my personal needs.

I value my life much more since I came to terms with my own feelings. That in conjunction with having someone who knows who I truly am and truly supports me no matter what has me valuing life more than I ever had.

Years
    Do you like yourself? I do, but not to the point of being a narcissist (hopefully not)
    Do you care more about yourself than others, or is it the other way around? I try to be humble and understanding of others at times, but at the end of the day I do think I have that streak of selfishness and being a stuck-up that I don't really want to come in terms with.
    How much do you value your life? In comparison to the world, I'm just a spec of nothing, but there are people around me, i.e. family and friends, who value my life and I really appreciate that, and I work hard to try to give that feeling "back" to them (if you can put it that way).

Back